Priority vs. "what's in front of you"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority vs. "what's in front of you"

This weekend, my boys had a tournament here in Miramar. We were in a single 4 team bracket with a 3 game group stage. The top two go to the finals. After two games, we won both and were to face another team in our third group stage game who had also won both their prior games. That meant that going into game 3, we knew that both us and our opponent were going to the finals which was to be played 2.5 hours after our group stage game.

I "prioritized" the finals over "what was in front of me" and played my B squad because the priority was "winning the tournament". I suspected the other coach was going to do the same...but he did not. He was of the X standard. He fielded his "A" team and beat us in a meaningless group stage game 5-4. In the finals, my "A" team faced essentially the same team that played my "B" team in the group stage earlier this morning. We won 2-1 because they were exhausted by the time the 2nd half came along, and our boys simply had more legs then they did.

Now, that's an example of a "stupid" strategy (prioritizing what is in front of you) over a priority set at the beginning of the campaign. At the end of the game, I exchanged numbers with the other coach. His name was X-avier. True story! LOL!!!
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

How did the other campaigns go,the holistic one i spoke about-Europa,FA cup and Carling cup before you reached,pee wee finals...lol...desperate.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Congrats to you and the youths. Well done.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
        How did the other campaigns go,the holistic one i spoke about-Europa,FA cup and Carling cup before you reached,pee wee finals...lol...desperate.
        Like I said - the bredda name "X-avier". LOL!!! And I know you have never won anything in your life or coached a team at any level in your life, so tan deh a warm you b*tty eena u La-Z-bwoy an run u mout. LOL!!! And by the way - youth teams play way more games than you realise. We are also in a league and have been in three tournaments since January....we will play over 40 games this season and believe it or not...the LEAGUE is the priority. LOL!!! Klown.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Lol....yuh believe this bredda,well you would.No way diss Bredda can coach anyside fi reach any final.

Leggo di video pan YouTube.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Congrats to you and the youths. Well done.
            Thanks Sass. It is our 3rd finals this year and our first win. We lost in the last two 4-1 and 5-0 but did the business today. The boys played like champions for true.

Comment

Lol....yuh believe this bredda,well you would.No way diss Bredda can coach anyside fi reach any final.

Leggo di video pan YouTube.
              Ha ha!! talk about desperate!! LOL!!!

Comment

A juss suh it set,based on your reputation, evidence is required.

Comment

A juss suh it set,based on your reputation, evidence is required.
                  He he he... woiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....... you can't handle the truth can you...is wha me tell u di bredda name? X-avier to raht. LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                    This weekend, my boys had a tournament here in Miramar. We were in a single 4 team bracket with a 3 game group stage. The top two go to the finals. After two games, we won both and were to face another team in our third group stage game who had also won both their prior games. That meant that going into game 3, we knew that both us and our opponent were going to the finals which was to be played 2.5 hours after our group stage game.

I "prioritized" the finals over "what was in front of me" and played my B squad because the priority was "winning the tournament". I suspected the other coach was going to do the same...but he did not. He was of the X standard. He fielded his "A" team and beat us in a meaningless group stage game 5-4. In the finals, my "A" team faced essentially the same team that played my "B" team in the group stage earlier this morning. We won 2-1 because they were exhausted by the time the 2nd half came along, and our boys simply had more legs then they did.

Now, that's an example of a "stupid" strategy (prioritizing what is in front of you) over a priority set at the beginning of the campaign. At the end of the game, I exchanged numbers with the other coach. His name was X-avier. True story! LOL!!!
                    You sure it wasn't Sir X-avier?
                    Peter R

Comment

Don't be such a doofus!

BTW, You ever took a coaching course? AND coached any level of football? just curious.
                      Peter R

Comment

Yes and my team won ,and we focused on the priority in front of us......hehe

What does that prove

Comment

Sir X-avier, you team los', tap lie!! :woieeeee!!! mi belly, mi cyaan tap laugh 'bout "Big Ben" .... mi humerus a hat mih!
                          Peter R

Comment

Working...
                          X