No announcement yet.

Man u ites and the Football Dunce:The priority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the league aspirations of top 4 for LFC and Man U have failed, with Man u tied with city and Pool behind witg 6 points and 30 points to play for ?please reread my Correction piece and the Van Gaal reference, then respond as per aspirations and priorities,Yuh know what feget it. Have a nice day.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      So the league aspirations of top 4 for LFC and Man U have failed, with Man u tied with city and Pool behind witg 6 points and 30 points to play for ?please reread my Correction piece and the Van Gaal reference, then respond as per aspirations and priorities,Yuh know what feget it. Have a nice day.
      The odds for LFC getting top 4: 10-1. I guess in your mid-table mind that is a success. Now you have religion about Manu**. LOL!! In their case, the Europa League is more of an insurance policy where as in my team's case, it has become a necessity because we have failed at our prime objective of meeting the top 4 target which was the priority at the beginning of the season. Period. Now - scram. You are stinking up the place.
      Last edited by Paul Marin; March 5, 2016, 11:40 AM.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
        The odds for LFC getting top 4: 10-1. I guess in your mid-table mind that is a success. Now you have religion about Manu**. LOL!! In their case, the Europa League is more of an insurance policy where as in my team's case, it has become a necessity because we have failed at our prime objective of meeting the top 4 target which was the priority at the beginning of the season. Period. Now - scram. You are stinking up the place.
        And by the way - keep it up and I will do a Holly Holm on your Ronda Rousey rahss!!! https://youtu.be/P_bHldzX89o?t=630
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I am glad you have moved forward and center and you took your brother with you in acknowledging the Priority is the game in front of you. I especially applaud Paul in his elation, I guess he just had to hear it from you...hehe.

1. Actually, I said is the manager's "focus" is on the team in front of him. And, no, "focus" is NOT synonymous with "priority". Now, in your world, that is "semantics", in mine, that's just plain English.

I find it odd you then proceed to contradict your statement by saying your position is “bogus” and it’s based on hard empirical evidence, so where is your data?

2. So, given "1" above, I stand by the bogus comment.

Are you saying the empirical evidence is based on the Pellegrini question of?

• why he fielded different teams when he faced Liverpool
          • Are you suggesting one team was weaker than the other, e.g. the City team Sunday was weaker than the City team Wed, and the same question applies for LFC?

I can only give you my opinion and I will answer your question with a reflective question, are you saying BIG CLUBS don’t prepare for the season’s campaigns with a squad that can field two teams of equal strength? I believe they do and I saw no difference in the strength of both teams when they faced each other twice over the week. We can debate the quality of each team man for man and come to different conclusion (red herring) but my point of BIG CLUBS preparing for a holistic campaign is a fact, is it not? And that should be the issue!

Backing supporting, I am glad you have admitted they are synonymous, glad you provided your explanation, which as you know is individualistic and personalized to fit your paradigm, and that’s how it should be, e.g. one man’s support is another man backing and vice -versa, typical of you to pontificate and semantisise to denigrate me in order to make yourself feel accomplished or is it learned.

3. Actually, all I was pointing out is that he fielded a very strong team in the context of a just concluded 120min gruelling final a few days before. So yes, your observation is correct. The point is that for every team, as the season progresses, the priorities will change according to the fortunes of the team. Take today's Chelsea match. Hiddink rested Costa and Fabregas. and look for Baba (sp) to return on Wednesday. Why were those those players rested? In the context of Chelsea's season, top 4, as Paul has taken pains to point out, is no longer a real possibility. Any chance of silverware lies in both FA and CL so look for strong teams to be fielded there. EPL matches will be where the key players will be rested.

I will expound on my Priority theories later in the season if I have time, but of note ,its silly to say one game carries a priority over another ,games have to be looked at on the individualized level of a clubs resources, money, players ,coaching, karma, position in the table (as the season goes ) etc. .Games might have more value given the latter ,because nothing is guaranteed in any competition, so to field weakened teams in your holistic campaign is playing Russian roulette, that said a higher value squad should guarantee more success in an aggregated competion like the Prem,that doesn’t mean that all teams have the luxury to make the perm its sole priority, smaller clubs as evidenced by Leicester will because to stay in the prem is a matter of financial life and death and it would be asinine to look at the long term priority without looking at and dealing with the immediate short term of what is in front of you. , while bigger clubs will look at the campaign from a holistic point of view of being able to field two teams of equal strength in a season campaign, it would also be foolish for them to look at the long term priority without looking at and dealing with the immediate short term of what is in front of you e.g. Chelsea.

5. It is your opinion that it is silly, but I disagree with you saying that one game DOES NOT carries a priority over another. Didn't you just write: some [B]"games might have more value"[B] Doesn't that then mean the manager will prioritise that game?? As I pointed out, from my observation of how managers use their squad, it's PLAIN to see that they DO put relative importance on any given match. See 4 above. Did Hiddink play Russian roulette today, by fielding a less than "full strength" team? You are really tying yourself up in this paragraph above, and contradicting yourself.

My empirical data has proven the above theories to be true, CC Leicester and Chelsea history and current position in the season 2015/16

6. Really?! What did Hiddink demonstrate by resting Costa and Fabregas (latter for 80 mins.)???
          See my response above.
          Peter R

Comment

So you have contradicted yourself ,changed your tune on Man U priority ,in other owrds made the usual ass of yourself,all yuh affi say is ,yuh change yuh mind or yuh miss spoke .

1st) The Europa League has become "a priority" for because the league aspirations of both Manu** and LFC have failed. Simple.(Paul)

2nd) the Europa League is more of an insurance policy

Dunce

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Lets play silly your game

1. Actually, I said is the manager's "focus" is on the team in front of him. And, no, "focus" is NOT synonymous with "priority". Now, in your world, that is "semantics", in mine, that's just plain English.

1st of all it is semantics -the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.

English is belonging or relating to, or spoken or written in, the English language.The words focus and priority belong to a language,the interpretation of its use is semantics.

2. So, given "1" above, I stand by the bogus comment.

Its not odd to me anymore ,moreso deceptive

5. It is your opinion that it is silly, but I disagree with you saying that one game DOES NOT carries a priority over another. Didn't you just write: some [b]"games might have more value"[b] Doesn't that then mean the manager will prioritise that game?? As I pointed out, from my observation of how managers use their squad, it's PLAIN to see that they DO put relative importance on any given match. See 4 above. Did Hiddink play Russian roulette today, by fielding a less than "full strength" team? You are really tying yourself up in this paragraph above, and contradicting yourself.

Nothing tied up here ,if you understood this......games have to be looked at on the individualized level of a clubs resources, money, players ,coaching, karma, position in the table (as the season goes ) etc. .Games might have more value given the latter ,because nothing is guaranteed in any competition, so to field weakened teams in your holistic campaign is playing Russian roulette, ....etc could mean injuries ,tiredeness (rotation) ....ahhhh rotation something that all clubs do esp Big squads that have the capacity to field two teams.

6. Really?! What did Hiddink demonstrate by resting Costa and Fabregas (latter for 80 mins.)???

See my rotation response...hehe

Comment

So now you come with the encyclopaedia definition of "semantics". You should at least cite your source. Is that how YOU used the term in the past. In the past you used the term with a DEFINITE NEGATIVE connotation with respect to anything I have written. I DELIBERATELY put quotes around the word to highlight indicate that I was quoting your TYPICAL response whenever I write anything.

So to reiterate, in your world, what I wrote is (to quote you) "semantics". In my world PLAIN ENGLISH.

So you're saying focus is synonymous with priority??? I could have a priority and not be focused on it at this given moment because there is something else that needs to get done right now. It doesn't mean my priority has changed. PLAIN ENGLISH!

It's funny how managers "rotate" CERTAIN players before certain matches.
                Peter R

Comment

Dont put words in my mouth Petey, you have admonished me a million times about this ,but to make my point,arent you debating the meaning of words in a langauge and how its used, e.g semantics,priority,focus ,quotes,definite negatives,etc to make a point and conviently flip a point ..hehe

This is what you are good at...hehe.

Yeah,yuh betta galang before mi guh fi mi ghost writer, and good win on the focused priority today..lol
                  Last edited by Sir X; March 6, 2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

If I put any words in your mouth, you'd sound like the most intelligent man in the world... don't fool yourself, you don't!
                    Peter R

Comment

Yuh gwaan ah sunday and wi win 2-1,Man U next,according to yuh bredda dem aguh treat it like dem insurance,the Prem is their priority,well that depends on which one of the post's he wants to stand by.

Comment

So you have contradicted yourself ,changed your tune on Man U priority ,in other owrds made the usual ass of yourself,all yuh affi say is ,yuh change yuh mind or yuh miss spoke .

1st) The Europa League has become "a priority" for because the league aspirations of both Manu** and LFC have failed. Simple.(Paul)

2nd) the Europa League is more of an insurance policy

Dunce
                        Like I said, you are too stupid to understand it. One LAST TIME, no team starts the season with a Cup being their primary objective as a route to Europe...except clubs with a mid-table mentality. You have a mid table mentality...actually...you are just mental. LOL!

Comment

Yuh gwaan ah sunday and wi win 2-1,Man U next,according to yuh bredda dem aguh treat it like dem insurance,the Prem is their priority,well that depends on which one of the post's he wants to stand by.
                          Like I said, you are simply too stupid to argue with. All now you can't answer the question about why Chelsea fielded a strong team in the FAC and City didn't. Selective stupidity on your part...but stupidity all the same.

Comment

That explains your contradictions, who said any thing about the cups being the primary objective,Dunce?

In fact the only one mentioning cups,is you with your Man U Europa-CL contradictions

Comment

That explains your contradictions, who said any thing about the cups being the primary objective,Dunce?

In fact the only one mentioning cups,is you with your Man U Europa-CL contradictions
                              For the last 6 years you have been harping on Cups being a measure of success, so stop trying to re-write history. It's just now (since last season) that the Europa League champions been given a UCL spot that your position has a little bit of lift. But you are dyam liad if you want people to believe that you didn't prioritize cups as being some big-time accomplishment. OF COURSE TEAMS WANT TO WIN TROPHIES...but not at the expense of the LEAGUE. You was a hail martinez as some big time coach true him win the FA Cup BUT GOT RELEGATED at the same time. Sheer genius.

Comment

Did you say the man was lookin "for Cup"?? min' dem ban yuh! woieee!!!
                                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                                X