Doing the Math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing the Math

Yes....I have been quiet.......very, very, busy.....but always a Man U loyalist......not hiding.

First let me say congrats to the supporters of the teams that are doing so well! Before the generation of Lazie, etc., going back to the inception of this site in the 90's, I was the original Man U fan here. I alone fended off many, including dearly departed Livi, Mosiah, Tilla, Reggae O and many more. Did I say Tanpanilong? Did I say Mexxx? Did I say Karl? Did I say prof? Did I say Dear Portia?

But my friends, if it is one thing I know, it is math. Man U has 12 more Prem games this season. At best I think they will win 24 points to get to 65.
    Last year that would have beaten 64 to be 4th. The previous 2 years it would have had to beat 72 to be 4th. The year before that it would have had to beat 65 to be 4th. So it is unlikely as heck for Man U to qualify for Champs League without winning Europa League. Even that, I think, is a long shot. I am not deluded into thinking that the great win on my birthday Thursday (My party also won) means we are a fave for Europa league. We don't look good. So a new manager and rebuilding of a solid squad, with depth, with no one overpaid player, is what we need to focus on.

And I love football in general before I love even Man U. So I totally appreciate the competitive spirit throughout the EPL. It makes the league more entertaining, more fun, and a heck of a lot more viable.

As for tomorrow, all the pressure is on Arsenal. It is theirs to lose.

Blessings.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

My thing is City would be insane not to think it has a chance of winning the EPL,it is pretty much the same points tally needed for Man U to snatch fourth place.
    City has dropped points against team they are expected to dismantle.

Comment

totally agree, bredrin

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        My thing is City would be insane not to think it has a chance of winning the EPL,it is pretty much the same points tally needed for Man U to snatch fourth place.
        City has dropped points against team they are expected to dismantle.
        Very very true. make sure that you tell that to them so they field an "appropriate" team in the cup final today. They need to rest their big guns.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
          Yes....I have been quiet.......very, very, busy.....but always a Man U loyalist......not hiding.

First let me say congrats to the supporters of the teams that are doing so well! Before the generation of Lazie, etc., going back to the inception of this site in the 90's, I was the original Man U fan here. I alone fended off many, including dearly departed Livi, Mosiah, Tilla, Reggae O and many more. Did I say Tanpanilong? Did I say Mexxx? Did I say Karl? Did I say prof? Did I say Dear Portia?

But my friends, if it is one thing I know, it is math. Man U has 12 more Prem games this season. At best I think they will win 24 points to get to 65.
          Last year that would have beaten 64 to be 4th. The previous 2 years it would have had to beat 72 to be 4th. The year before that it would have had to beat 65 to be 4th. So it is unlikely as heck for Man U to qualify for Champs League without winning Europa League. Even that, I think, is a long shot. I am not deluded into thinking that the great win on my birthday Thursday (My party also won) means we are a fave for Europa league. We don't look good. So a new manager and rebuilding of a solid squad, with depth, with no one overpaid player, is what we need to focus on.

And I love football in general before I love even Man U. So I totally appreciate the competitive spirit throughout the EPL. It makes the league more entertaining, more fun, and a heck of a lot more viable.

As for tomorrow, all the pressure is on Arsenal. It is theirs to lose.

Blessings.
          Westman, what do you think the odds are of you winning the Europa League vs. reaching top 4? There are 12 games left in the league, and if you were to make it to the finals and win the Europa League, you have 4 more in that tournament. You are 6 points off 4th and in 6th place. Now, in your run to 65 points, you have to go through Arsenal, City, Spurs, Leicester, West Ham, PLUS relegation fighters Villa, Norwich and (possibly) Bournemouth. So, here is the question:

1. What is the mix in your maths that gets you the needed 24 points - who do you beat, who do yo lose to, and who do you draw with?

2. With LFC, Leverkusen (top 4 in Germany but Gladbach at their heels), Sevilla, Anderlecht, Braga, all in a similar position of having to win the Europa League to qualify for next year's UCL, which is a more likely path to UCL - the league, or the Europa League title - a trophy you have NEVER won?

Don't worry, the answer will be obvious after we done wid unu.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Yes sir, so I had Man U, at best, winning 8 of 12, not counting today's game....which turned out to be a bonus.

While I think it is slightly more probable that Man U will make the CL via Thurday night play instead of via the EPL, I think that is only relative and the probability of either scenario occurring is very low. It is highly probable that Man U will be enjoying a full season of Thursday night fun.
            Last edited by Westman; February 28, 2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Good talk. But now that you mention those names, makes me wonder about some of those guys you mentioned, Tanponit, Mexx etc, you know what happened wid dem.

Comment

I always wondered about some of those guys myself. I met Mexxx in T&T 13/14 (?) yrs ago at carnival. If I'm not mistaken he was one of the original Arsenal fans... "BIG SIDDEEE" was a favourite commentary by him referring to Arsenal ... in fact, I think it was around those days that the site started to focus on the EPL so much. At least, that's how my memory recalls things.
                Peter R

Comment

Something about Florida,Chin went missing there too.
                  Mexxx,if I remember..,is a C'bar man.

Comment

Working...
                  X