Barca vs Gummers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barca vs Gummers

I taped the game and watched it last night. Barcelona plays their football on a level that is unmatched on the planet. However, the Gummers (I am back to calling them by their correct name) came into the game with a strategy that almost worked, but was inevitably let down by personnel and their coach. The first half tactics employed by Wenger was effective in restricting Barca and creating opportunities for the home team. They pressed Barca higher up the field and utilized their speed on the flanks but was let down by their finishing. Let's talk about the miss by the Ox. It was a difficult attempt, but if that same chance was presented to MSN, either would have nous to lift that ball over the goalie. That's what separates world class from just good players. I've said it before and I will continue to say it until I see differently, English players will always flatter to deceive. Oxlain-Chamberlain, Danny Welbeck, Jesse Lingard, Theo Walcott and Raheem Sterling will give you the Oohs and the Aahs from near misses and the blinding pace that scare the daylights out of defenders and the occasional game-winners, but they cannot be trusted to deliver consistently to build a team around them.
    Barca's first goal was unfortunate and just down to the pure genius of MSN, but it wasn't the end of the match. Wenger remained true to form with his first substitution which again showed his tactical weakness. Giroud was having a good game and causing problems to the Barca defense, especially Mascherano. Trusting Danny Welbeck, who is far from a clinical striker over Giroud is a huge mistake. The ball always seem to find Giroud because of his good movements, especially air balls into the 18 yard box. He always creates a goal-scoring opportunity out of nothing. Welbeck offers a buzz but little returns. He needs 10 attempts to score one.
    By the second half, Arsenal had become mentally abused to the point where the midfield refused to venture too far upfield. They became confused when they got the ball to their feet that they were afraid of being burnt by it that they kicked it away aimlessly. Ramsay was the chief offender. There were a few times that Sanchez (who had a phenomenal game) got a break on the wing and he had no one from the midfield to support him, so he had to turn back the play or lost the ball to a tackle.
    Wenger last change again befuddled me when he substituted Coquelin for Flamini. At that point, the Arsenal defense, despite being raided over and over again, was still coping with the Barca attack. To take out an in-bedded defender to bring in a new player who wasn't up to the speed of the game was very naive on Wenger's part. That's where he gave away the game. A team is the reflection of the coach and Arsenal has proven themselves over the years to be weak against top teams. Now Sunday when they play my team, they may dust us out....IF they recover mentally from yesterday's loss. If they don't come into that game in the same frame of mind that they approached the Barca game, then my likkle rucksy team will strangle a win out of them.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Jangle - what does it tell you that the front line of "MSN" are all from the same part of the world - contiguous states as it were? What you say about English players won't go away until there is a cultural change in England, where touch is developed through street-style ball and good old fashion "brucking"...as for your ruXy team, unu nah beat the gummers. Sarry.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

The better team won. I understood the Welbeck switch nothing wrong with that Giroud had worked hard and was spent. I like you did not understand the Flamini introduction unless he felt Colequin was spent or at fault for the ist goal. I don't understand why organizationally we fell down on that goal. The two central was split , and the tracking of Messi was late on the cutback. You just cant give those players 1v1 with your goalie and win.. I don't blame Wegner however I thought the better side won . As a gunner we need a bit more up top and had to have Alexi @ his best to win and he looked a tired baller.

Comment

I too understand the Welbeck sub .... It was about speed and running at tiring (?) because I saw a few good through balls where a quicker person would have made it better than a 50/50 decision.

Coq for Phlegm was pure nonsense

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Ramsey should have been the substitute. I too agree that

English and British for that matter are just not world class. Ramsey was guilty as well in guilt edge misses on a few occasions. A world class player would have control Ozil cut back and place it around the keeper. Ramsey instead fluff it with his left. I believe the Arsenal team really need an overall in personnel if the Premier league is not won. Welbeck substitution was ok. Although Coquelin and Metesacker were guilty on the first goal. Flamini had no right been on the field.
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Working...
          X