RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxhill...I am not concerned with FIFA rankngs ....(WOW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxhill...I am not concerned with FIFA rankngs ....(WOW)

'Mission accomplished'
    Boxhill says Asian tour met objectives
    Ian Burnett, Sports Editor
    Wednesday, July 04, 2007

BOXHILL... I'm not overly concerned about FIFA rankings

Tehran, Iran - Crenston Boxhill, president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), has defended the just concluded Asian tour by Jamaica's senior team, saying he believes the objectives of the tour were met, despite the team losing three of the four games played.

"Yes, I think we achieve the objectives on both sides of the coin," Boxhill told the Observer yesterday, a day after the team was trounced 8-1 by the Islamic Republic of Iran in the fourth and final match here in Tehran.

"Now the coach knows exactly who can and will be a part of his plan going forward," added the JFF boss.

"What was also encouraging from this tour was the find of a few players, including a member of the Under-20 squad, who made the transition to the senior team with some distinction."
    Jamaica opened the four-nation tour with a 1-2 loss to Indonesia under difficult circumstances, then followed up with a 0-3 defeat to Vietnam. They then turned back Malaysia 2-0 for their only win of the tour, before the annihilation against a rampant Iranian outfit.

But the JFF boss was unwavering in his belief that the national programme was on track.

"The objective of this tour was a part of the whole plan that the technical director (Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic) has as it relates to putting the squad together for the 2010 World Cup qualifiers starting some time next year.

"He has said on many occasions that it is an ongoing process with the end product being the final squad for that campaign. The squad on this tour is the best group of players locally and the coach thought it would be fair to give them as many opportunities as possible to impress him and become a part of the squad."

Since taking over the reins last November, Bora has been having a local-based squad in camp on and off for the past few months, starting with the victorious tournament in Hong Kong and continuing with the final game in Jamaica against Chile in early June.

"This Asian tour was an important part of the process as it gave the coach the chance to see the players in a series of high quality international games away from home in what could be sometimes seen as a hostile environment, as opposed to one-off games in much friendlier conditions," added Boxhill.

He said that at the end of the tour Bora "would have been able to identify the number of players who would continue to be a part of that process".

But Boxhill admitted that the results of the tour matches cannot be downplayed, "especially that of the last game, which was embarrassing".

"The tour itself was a difficult one in the sense that it was tiring, fairly long and the rest period in between games was inadequate," lamented Boxhill, a member of the 28-man delegation.

"We all knew that from day one, the coach, the players, everybody. When you consider that they travelled in excess of 40 hours from Kingston to Jakarta (Indonesia), and played a game within 24 hours, then that speaks for itself."

The delegation had to leave the hotel at 4 o' clock the next morning for a six-hour flight to Hanoi, Vietnam, where they got less than 48 hours rest before they faced that nation.
    Immediately after that they had to get on a four-hour flight to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where they got a two-to-three-day break before they played that team.

They then left shortly after that game to travel seven hours to Tehran, Iran, to play what was always going to be the toughest opposition, especially at the back end of the gruelling tour.

Iran are highly ranked and are favoured to win the Asian Cup for the fourth time, "so it was really a tough tour, considering that every opponent we played was less than two weeks away from the major tournament in their Confederation. We played against teams that were very sharp, were at full strength, and some of them had players coming in from Europe," said Boxhill.

"Having said that, what was disappointing to me was that I was expecting to see some more commitment, some more fight from some of the players. I could see that some of them were working overtime and putting everything into the game, but I didn't think we got that from everybody.

"Nobody likes to lose, especially the way we did last night (Monday night), but if we lose fighting, if we lose giving a hundred per cent, and if we lose giving our all for our country and you could see the pride and the passion and the commitment coming from every player on the field, then it would make the loss a little easier to accept," charged Boxhill.

Despite the embarrassing defeat, he said the JFF has to find a way to keep a local-based squad together because professional players will not be available for every game Jamaica will play in the future.

"If we had come to Asia with all the professionals, then some of these players, like the Under-20 rookie, would not have got a chance to express himself, the poor results notwithstanding."

The JFF president was also unperturbed about the possibility of the country falling in the FIFA rankings.

"At this time I am not overly concerned about the FIFA rankings because the process is on track and I am quite positive that as it picks up momentum, the rankings will respond accordingly.

"And as it relates to attracting friendly internationals, I think we have the contacts, I think we have what it takes to attract good quality internationals, which has been proven. Already we have started to make arrangements for the FIFA dates ahead, when the process will intensify," he said.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I understand that half time the Iranian reporters wanted to know how much them pay we

Boxhill need fi come better.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Of course you are not concerned with FIFA rankings, all it seems you are interested in is screwing up Jamaica's football more and more everyday.

How many times under your reign have we been hammered by six goals or more for the world to see Crenston? And you nu shame? Your Reaction is "Mission Accomplished" and F@ck Fifa Rankings?

The sooner you pack your bags and start "walking the plank", the better it will be for you and everyone concerned.

You have been an embarassment to Jamaica's football.
      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
        Of course you are not concerned with FIFA rankings, all it seems you are interested in is screwing up Jamaica's football more and more everyday.

How many times under your reign have we been hammered by six goals or more for the world to see Crenston? And you nu shame? Your Reaction is "Mission Accomplished" and F@ck Fifa Rankings?

The sooner you pack your bags and start "walking the plank", the better it will be for you and everyone concerned.

You have been an embarassment to Jamaica's football.
        I understand up to a point his agenda for the tour, but then it irks me when my point is proven about having contacts to attract good quality internationals. It seems all the contact(s) from 2003 have all merged into one: Velibor "Bora" Milutinovic. Bora has attracted more games in two months for the Reggae Boyz that all Boxill's supposedly contacts combined in two years.
        Reggaefan, I agree. "WOW"

Comment

"The squad on this tour is the best group of players locally..." - HOGWASH! Not even talking about Maestro, but there are others better than this bunch. I think Bora knows their ability already and that's whey they were not chosen.

If Donald Fouly Stewart is one of our best local players...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Interesting!
            ...so who did not know this squad was a poor one?

...and, who is it that does not know that the only times the BEST AVAILABLE PLAYERS will be together are few?

...and, who is it knowing the above has decided to make the days when the BEST AVAILABLE PLAYERS shall commence training and playing together shall be fewer than was possible?

...and, who is it that knowing the above is still looking towards even further limited periods for the BEST AVAILABLE PLAYERS getting together TO MAKE TEAM?

...and, who is it that knows the quality opposition that we shall face from Trinidad and Tobago, Cuba, Haiti from CFU...and, if we progress El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, Canada, Panama, Mexico and the USA and unlike those countries have not yet had our BEST AVAILABLE REGGAE BOYZ preparing concurrently with those TEAMs?

Based on Boxhill's comments above he is not that uninformed person or in any such uninformed group! So who then is the head of, runs the JFF and directs our football and our football fortunes? If a nuh im, a who?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              "The squad on this tour is the best group of players locally..." - HOGWASH! Not even talking about Maestro, but there are others better than this bunch. I think Bora knows their ability already and that's whey they were not chosen.

If Donald Fouly Stewart is one of our best local players...
              The persons leading say so...

...so, how do you judge Mr. Boxhill on knowledge of the game...and, the BUSINESS of FOOTBALL???
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Now you see why Boxer have to go? Right now him need to hold Bora to the fire but instead him acting like Portia.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Wha' demm seh "ambition is made of a sterner stuff - William Shakespear".
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Boxer has to go but it has nothing to do with this tour or the results thus far.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Boxhill doesn't no the difference beteen Football and Rugby. The man is a complete fool, who the hell put him in charge JFF. All them people that voted for him (WHAT HAVE YOU DONE). In Football terms, Jamaica have become the laughing stock of the world. Even Bermuda, Cayman Islands, St Kitts, St Lucia, Grenada and Dominica are lining up to play us.
                      Wadadah (peace & love)

Comment

Boxhill and Portia have to go now, before anymore damage is done to Jamaica
                        Wadadah (peace & love)

Comment

Lining up to play who? Mek dem come.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If you read what him not demanding anything more from nobody, he is just so blazae about things. The man only have one gear. How can FIFA ranking don't concern him?

The way how they go about the tour is the same way they go about all their tour including England. The JFF need to do a little more to make sure t are crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              If you read what him not demanding anything more from nobody, he is just so blazae about things. The man only have one gear. How can FIFA ranking don't concern him?

The way how they go about the tour is the same way they go about all their tour including England. The JFF need to do a little more to make sure t are crossed.
                              Yuh evah hear bout 'Dead Man Walking' ?

Comment

Working...
                              X