X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA under 20 mash up Poland, Adu hatrick

Adu scores three; United States dominates Poland 6-1
    July 3, 2007

MONTREAL (AP) -- Freddy Adu scored three goals and the United States recovered from an early deficit to rout Poland 6-1 Tuesday in the most lopsided result so far at the Under-20 World Cup.
    Danny Szetela, whose parents were born in Poland, scored twice and New York Red Bulls striker Jozy Altidore added another to put the United States atop Group D.
    The 18-year-old Adu, the Real Salt Lake midfielder who is in his fourth season in Major League Soccer and is playing in his third U20 World Cup, has said he would like to showcase his skills at the youth championship to impress European clubs.
    After Dawid Janczyk gave Poland the lead in the fifth minute, Szetela -- who also accounted for the Americans' only goal in their opening 1-1 draw with South Korea -- tied it four minutes later with a header that struck the crossbar before entering the goal.
    Adu then struck a sliding left-footer in off the post in the 20th and scored three minutes into first-half injury time to put the Americans in control. He completed the scoring with five minutes remaining, sent in alone by Robbie Rogers after the Columbus Crew forward had intercepted a ball.
    Besides the margin of victory, the result was surprising after the Americans' struggled to get the draw with the Koreans on Saturday while Poland stunned Brazil 1-0 in their group opener.
    The Americans put 11 shots on goal while U.S. goalkeeper and Adu's Real Salt Lake teammate, Chris Seitz, faced only four shots. Szetela added his second in the 51st before Altidore gave the United States a 5-1 lead in the 70th. The barrage of goals quieted the strong contingent of chanting Polish fans among the announced crowd of 35,801 at Olympic Stadium.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

(kiss teet)
    Assasin...this U-20 has exposed Jamaican football as being faaaar behind.

I would put my money on this USA U-20 to beat Bora squad AT HOME !!

chusssss mi.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Never you are an idiot & a sellout I would bet you my house they would lose that Polish team suck & they underestimated the US after scoring the first goal horrible coaching did you see when they played the Korerans the should have lost by 3 clear goals easily please stop the madness please.
      Racist Zeppo Said "Against Italy? Sure. But keep in mind that's the reigning World Champion and not some chump Caribbean team we're used to slapping around in CONCACAF" Zeppo

Comment

Maybe they would beat the USA big team in South America now why did'nt you make that comparison instead you are a self hater & I am sorry for you Jamaica has to start all over &they are on the right track Simones got many 8, 9, 10, 11 & 13 love in Brasil he still made a good team in the end with all local players we missed the momemtum we had like all 3rd world countries just lacking the funds so we have to rebuild from scrach but this time it will not take as long to do that watch.
        Racist Zeppo Said "Against Italy? Sure. But keep in mind that's the reigning World Champion and not some chump Caribbean team we're used to slapping around in CONCACAF" Zeppo

Comment

Redz, how yuh hate the US suh boss? Cannot believe you even bother living in their country the way you hate them.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I dont hate anyone just because I dont want to be a slave & follow everyone here & worship the USA that does not mean that I hate them but I can guarantee you for sure check thier websites they hate you for sure & laugh at you all the time that is a fact. If you dont beleive just check their immigration policies & what they are doing to everyone that is not white & from a European country & guess what if you did'nt know this is not the USA it is Native American land.

Comment

Only a condition person would say I live in thier country it is just like the Tiger at a circus he is getting beat & whipped & he does not know that all he has to do is eat the trainer he is conditioned & trianed to think he cannot do anything it is no different friend trust me you cant even see it just like the Tiger.

Comment

Redz, what are you smoking in that pipe of yours?
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Redz, sekkle down, breddah. I hate the USA too, but try and inject some...sense into your posts.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There is only one thing which pulls out Redz to post on this forum, and it is any discussion on the USA football. With the myirad of discussions taking place here in different subjects, hardly anything gets him to participate if it is not a bashing the USA thread. Well, there was one exception. He participated and actually started a thread on John Barnes for TD and John Barnes for JFF president. It was a refreshing change. . .

I think it takes the fun out of the discussion when it is about hate and not the football. I preffer Ben J calling me a complete idiot and saying if I cannot understand something by intelligence, then try by theory etc, than to be just involved in a hate the USA dscussion.

Redz, up the level brethren. We are the Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club, not the USA Haterz Klan.

Comment

"We are the Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club, not the USA Haterz Klan." - We tried with the latter but Homeland Security gave us a warm time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I will again reiterate I do not hate the USA maybe you do but not I. I hate no one. What sence I am not making because I wont agree with you & your USA Supporters that they will never win a World Cup & that they are not as good as they would like us to believe please I have never stated that I hate anyone & if you can show me where I have ever said that please do so if not please do not accuse me of something that is not true if you like you can just censor me then & leave your friends post up.

Comment

Homeland Security cannot tell you what to post on your site as it pertains to football unless you are still a slave please stop.

Comment

fiyah box!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Show me one post that I said I hate the USA by attacking me it is just like when Imus abuse those girls & the media jumped on him for a day but then they all teamed up to deflect the issue from him to the rappers you are lost people & it is hard for me to think Jamaican's are this lost step up your history find yourself again I dont hate anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X