Fergie's failure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fergie's failure...

After winning everything there was to win, Sir Alex left Manu** as England's most dominant team over a twenty+ year period. However, he did not groom a successor, instead, he anointed and appointed David Moyes who proved to be a failure. Moyes exit was followed by a disturbing display of managerial incompetence in LVG. By comparison, Bill Shankly left Liverpool to Bob Paisley who won 3 European Cups, several league titles and other trophies. Was Fergie therefore more of a failure than Shanks in terms of his succession plan? Just axin'....
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Seeing that no one was groomed mites should have been given a longer run. Was SAF immediately successful when he took over?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Fergie was in contact with a lot of coaches including Jose. He thought Moyes would be a good fit for Manu, He left all his assistants in place and Moyes got rid of them. He got a car and all he had to do was tune the Engine but he wanted to play Mechanic so that is what he got.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You have to be very desperate..
        Nothing there,Paul Marin.

Comment

It would appear so, in spite of Rocky shying away from the question.
          My take is that Fergie is/was very egocentric... a my way or the hiway type of guy and very few, if any were considered good enough to walk in his shadow, and so succession planning was not given serious thought.

In the end, it would appear David Moyes' appointment was probably made because of the lack of an available top flight manager at the time... the thinking must have been, we're ManU, it doesn't matter who we put in charge now. Our team has taken on a life of its own...

The above is simply my own conjecture and speculation... but Rocky is right, "nothing there"... in the succession plan! LOL
          Peter R

Comment

Peter crap and you know it. You hear other manager talk all the time how Fergie reached out to the and advise them. Fergie wanted someone who he think could work in the Manu structure for years.

Moyes should have used more fergie staff and not rock the boat at least for a season, but he had to make all the changes at once.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't know boss. I said it was "my conjecture and speculation". Based on nothing more than that. I never followed ManU and what happens there so i don't mind being told different.

So Moyes was THE MAN? and not a fill-in? Really? Wow! Ad why didn't fergie et al stipulate as part of Moyes' contract that he maintain the staff as you said? Is that what led to his "failure"?

So who did Alex reach out to besides Moyes, if indeed he did to any other manager? And why couldn't the most successful manager attract a TOP CLASS manager to come on board the "biggest FC" on the planet?
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                Seeing that no one was groomed mites should have been given a longer run. Was SAF immediately successful when he took over?
                He was not. But it was a different club then. What is interesting is that I don't believe ANY top club is following a succession planning model. Is there a definite plan at Emirates? Not that I know of. Or at City, Spurs etc. Barca did it in their own unique way, but it does not seem to be a fashionable way to go these days, despite the innate logic of it all. I am not sure why they don't do it (anymore).
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

"why didn't fergie et al stipulate as part of Moyes' contract that he maintain the staff as you said? Is that what led to his "failure"?"

Why would you do that? Nobody is not going to do that. You left your team in place and it is up to him. Moyes had the choice and choose to take in his less accomplished inexperienced staff.

Di you not hear that they reached out to Morinho? Rumours has it that he was not seen as "long term". Fergie had the choice, a lot of Managers would have jumped at that job. I think they were looking a young manager who would be with the club for a long time. It didn't work out so they drafted a more experience one. It is not working out so let us see what they do next.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                    After winning everything there was to win, Sir Alex left Manu** as England's most dominant team over a twenty+ year period. However, he did not groom a successor, instead, he anointed and appointed David Moyes who proved to be a failure. Moyes exit was followed by a disturbing display of managerial incompetence in LVG. By comparison, Bill Shankly left Liverpool to Bob Paisley who won 3 European Cups, several league titles and other trophies. Was Fergie therefore more of a failure than Shanks in terms of his succession plan? Just axin'....
                    Were you aware that Carlo Ancelotti was his first choice? Were you aware that he told Moyes to keep the coaching team, but of course the first thing the clown did was mess with the staff?
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

My guess is landing Klopp has inspired you proverbial losers in ways unknown to unuh.That appointment clearly stimulates the part of the mind responsible for hallucination.
                      We manuligans may end up having chronic neck problems looking back in hope of getting even a glimse of unuh.
                      Last edited by Rockman; February 17, 2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Is that comparison fair?
                        I hasten to say, I have not compared the records.

...but in my book Moyes was not a failure. He was a victim of the modern era penchant for quick fixes. His BoyU team was in decline. He was not given enough time to make a team in his image.

If we pause for a moment and take a look at Fergie; he would not have survived today. Today he would not be allowed to 'stick around' and build his wonderful record.

What was the win, draw, loss record for Bob Paisley in his first days? ...first season?

How long was Moyes on the job? What was his record? ...and we must remember the ages and types of players each inherited?

Just asking; is the conclusion based on comparable facts?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          Is that comparison fair?
                          I hasten to say, I have not compared the records.

...but in my book Moyes was not a failure. He was a victim of the modern era penchant for quick fixes. His BoyU team was in decline. He was not given enough time to make a team in his image.

If we pause for a moment and take a look at Fergie; he would not have survived today. Today he would not be allowed to 'stick around' and build his wonderful record.

What was the win, draw, loss record for Bob Paisley in his first days? ...first season?

How long was Moyes on the job? What was his record? ...and we must remember the ages and types of players each inherited?

Just asking; is the conclusion based on comparable facts?
                          On the money Karl, given time none of us know whether Moyes would've been a success or failure.

Comment

The biggest mistake Moyes made was to get rid of Fergie team. For a while he should have listen to them and have talk to Fergie and get himself off on the right foot. There was no need for too much changes but add a few coaches.

Also the fact that Woodward was new, made it worst for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              The biggest mistake Moyes made was to get rid of Fergie team. For a while he should have listen to them and have talk to Fergie and get himself off on the right foot. There was no need for too much changes but add a few coaches.

Also the fact that Woodward was new, made it worst for him.
                              I couldn't agree more...but who am I to get eena dem bizniz? Moyes was too erratic in making that decision and daft to think that the Everton team would be on the same level as the team Slurgie left behind. Daft move. Him deserve to get fya.

Comment

Working...
                              X