RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Crouch to be kicked out of Liverpool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Crouch to be kicked out of Liverpool!

Well ... the Spanish side just signed another Spanish player. Crouch is at a major disadvantage ... him nuh talk spanish.

Atletico confirm Torres sale

Atletico Madrid have confirmed they have reached an agreement to sell Fernando Torres to Liverpool after the Spanish international passed his medical on Merseyside.

Torres will now return to his home country to bid goodbye to his fans in the Spanish capital, before travelling back to England to be presented as Liverpool's record signing in a deal worth a reported £26.5million.

"Club Atletico de Madrid has reached an agreement with Liverpool Football Club for the sale of Fernando Torres to the British club," read a statement on the Spanish club's website.

"The player, accompanied by Don Enrique Cerezo and Jesus Garcia Pitarch, will hold a farewell press conference on Wednesday 4 July."

Liverpool have also confirmed that Torres passed all the necessary medical tests during his trip to England on Tuesday.

"The player has passed a medical," confirmed a club spokesman.

"All the agreements are now in place and he will put pen to paper on the deal on Wednesday."

Rafa Benitez has targeted Torres as a key recruit as he looks to mount a challenge for the Premier League title next season, and the substantial outlay on the striker nicknamed 'El Nino' is certainly a prominent signal of intent on the part of the Anfield boss.

Torres is expected to sign a six-year contract worth around £90,000 per week upon joining the five-time European Cup winners, and his arrival will likely increase speculation regarding the futures of Craig Bellamy and Peter Crouch.

Manchester City have been linked with a move for Crouch with former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson set to take charge at Eastlands, but Liverpool have played down speculation that the fans' favourite could be sold.

Chief executive Rick Parry insists the unique striker remains very much a key player at Anfield.

"It is not true that he is the only player not to have been approached about a new deal and he is very much part of Rafa Benitez's future plans," stated Parry.

Luis Garcia has already been moved out of Anfield to help accommodate Torres, joining Atletico in a £4million deal on Tuesday.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

If I was Crouch I would go to a team that is playing me every week. Aston Villa his old stomping ground comes to mind.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Torres is a more refined version to di dutchman whe mi waa manU sign...but den again him spanish so yo know wha taht mean....soft as cornflakes
      Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
      Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Working...
      X