No announcement yet.

It is not all about Stats, Possession and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every team is different. It takes the coach and players to find that mix and play to their Strenght and minimize their weaknesses.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Duty, good word, strong implications, hold down the fort business!!!

Comment

Counter attack works only against attacking teams really, although 2 good counterattacking teams could make for very hectic football

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Gamma, all teams attack, a counter is just intercepting the ball on a teams attack and they have to scramble to get back into defensive position as on any attack your shape is stretched, military or football.

Comment

Mind mi set Sir X pon yuh! That might be considered "semantics". I would call Arsenal a team that "attacks" and LcFC a team that "counter-attacks". While both "attack" there is a difference... it's plain and obvious to see!
            Peter R

Comment

This is what happens when we over think these things, just the word counter should tell you everything you need to know.you can't counter if you start the ball movement, in that case if you want to attack quickly then that would be a fast attack or long ball attack, it cannot be a counter.

Comment

Stoni .... Never thought I would have to say this ...!you are bein intellectually dishonest.

Some teams are known as counter attacking teams isn't that so? And if it is so why is that?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

What "over think" are you referring to? Take a look at this article, note the heat map... Arsenal were down LCFC's throat most of the match, but your team defended remarkably well, and I'm sorry, they "counter-attacked" ... if you prefer, they (LCFC) countered the attacks with fast break attacks of their own.

"In the first 45 minutes in particular, the Paris-born 24-year-old gave a masterclass in the arts Ferdinand was talking about. While the likes of Vardy and Riyad Mahrez have rightly claimed the limelight, Kante has been just as influential in the manner in which he retains and regains possession, helping Leicester to set up those trademark counter-attacks."
                  http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35515144
                  Peter R

Comment

It is simple. An attacking team usually have most players in attack. They are usually mostly in the opponents half. A counter attacking team is one based upon defense and quickly switch the ball to attack with only a few players in the opponents half. Attacking team usually have to touch and build up play while counter attacking team has a lot less touch in offense and depend on a few players in building offensive plays.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                      Hey if anyone can do all that then kudos due. Personally I have always thought the best strategy was rapid counterattack on interceptions, especially if opponent is in disarray and out of position, you can only take advantage through speed.......however this is the other side of my argument is that when you have the ball then you build up slowly and methodically, using change of speed to gain and keep advantage in the attack

Basically eat the clock when you have the ball from your side and rapid counter on interception.
                      I know what you are trying to say. ...and it is not what you have said above!

Just saying if you believe in
                      the best strategy was rapid counterattack on interceptions, especially if opponent is in disarray and out of position, you can only take advantage through speed.
                      ...then where and how would
                      when you have the ball then you build up slowly and methodically, using change of speed to gain and keep advantage in the attack
                      come in?

mmmm?
                      Any time your team has the ball after a stoppage...mmmm?
                      After re-starts?

Just asking...! ...and teasing! ...and...????
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tek it easy pon mi nuh man, yes, some say some teams are counterattacking teams but it is in my mind an oversimplication that has been accepted too easily. Not trying to be anything but correct to what make sense. I guess you could make the argument that some teams prefer to employ the counterattack strategy through pressing the opponent more than others but when they originate the movement of the ball that would not be a counter. It really is just a matter of degree, there can be no pure counterattack and there can be no pure possession attack.

Comment

When Arsenal coughed up the ball in attack as they did a few times, Lcfc countered at that point and only that point. When they originate the movement of the ball from a spot kick, throw in or GK gather then the movement cannot be considered a counter attack.

Comment

Working...
                          X