X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is not all about Stats, Possession and

Speed. There is a lot more to Leister City game

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35553082
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Thank you, Sass!

Who say yuh nuh ha nuh sense again? No man, apart from me?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Could not agree more, possession is a useless stat when you play true Gritty defense, press and rapid counterattack which is what grittycity plays. Every team including Cellar dweller Aston Villa exceeded The Gritty by nuff double digits in possession.
      You also must have players like a Kante who leads the league in interceptions and successful tackles, very Gritty type players or a Vardy who leads the league in goals scored or a Mahrez who leads the league in gpe goal producing events a combination of assists and goals or a Captain Morgan who is top five in blocked shots.
      Some key Stats provides you a way to isolate excellent from the mediocre and the mediocre from the mundane.

We are pretty good at using feel to evaluate a player but clearly we are missing the boat on picking the best talent as our homegrown talent in the real world in twenty years is still at best just better than mediocre relative to top league players, we are missing something, that thing is getting more scientific, better details on productivity of players, a stat like interceptions tell you a hell of a lot, a stat like assists, goals scored, ratio of shots on target versus shots taken tell you about quality and really is the only way to confirm the gut feeling vibe.

Performance is the be all and end all, there is no substitute and performance must be measured to understand quality of effort and quality of product.

Comment

Dem is just ah exception to di rule. Dem is not di first fi use dis long ball into space ting, but dem have a extra-ordinary advantage dats di difference.

Comment

They are been coach by a classic Italian coach. They simple believe in a strong defense and moving the ball forward quickly. They have 2 very good players who can strike the ball with very good strike rate.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So is it mostly about the formation or being in the right place at the right time, often!?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

did you read the article? read if first and then ask the yourself the question again.

Comment

They are playing to their strengths. They have brutes for defenders and two killers in Vardy and Mahrez! Throw in the general, Kante, and wallah!

Yeah, I know we are sayng the same thing, Sass. No need to object!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                  Could not agree more, possession is a useless stat when you play true Gritty defense, press and rapid counterattack which is what grittycity plays.
                  Absolutes?!

To hell with formations...being in the right place at the right time is what matters!

Performance is the be all and end all, there is no substitute and performance must be measured to understand quality of effort and quality of product.
                  Now yuh talkin!

Here is the question: What about TEAMs (like Barcelona & Bayern Munich) that play Gritty defense, press and rapid counterattack ...and GREAT POSSESSION (like Barcelona and Bayern Munich)?

Football is a game whereon the aim is, perfection!
                  Now?! Now?! Now?! ...no one said perfection shall ever be attained...but I am saying it must be the aim! Fastest of players! Greatest of passing ability! Highest of physical ability and technical skills! Most wonderful of tactical ability! = Winning combination!!!! It is simple really! Really!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    did you read the article? read if first and then ask the yourself the question again.
                    Read it in detail!
                    ...and 'worse' it speaks of football as I breath it! ...save the TEAM's lack of necessary technical ability and thus a good possession game! ...and you would know that if you have read my stated position...stated ad nauseam...on qualities a good player needs and the need for TEAM (play) first, second, third...to infinity!

Comment

Football is about playing to your strength and minimizing your weakness. Nothing else matter. The good thing about Leister is every player stick to their duty. Albrighton and Drink Water along with West Morgan and Huth are perfect example.

Comment

Dem is a exception to di rule kah widout relatively possession yuh not likely fi win di game. But dem prove di odahwise, clear exception dat.

Comment

Right personnel

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Its not all about stats, possesion and speed but it plays a role,o.k so what % of the role is that stat...lol
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Hey if anyone can do all that then kudos due. Personally I have always thought the best strategy was rapid counterattack on interceptions, especially if opponent is in disarray and out of position, you can only take advantage through speed.......however this is the other side of my argument is that when you have the ball then you build up slowly and methodically, using change of speed to gain and keep advantage in the attack

Basically eat the clock when you have the ball from your side and rapid counter on interception.

Comment

Working...
                              X