The quote:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The quote:

"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."

Shankly had to fight the board to get the players he wanted when he came to Liverpool

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques, not to make them out. We'll do that - they just sign them.

Over the weekend LFC supporters group staged a walkout that was applauded around the world by fans who believe that clubs believe fans should be treated like customers not fans ,basically we view it as extortion,which one of the above qoutes signify the solution and the way forward.

The first not cited , in my opinion is a call for unity of a failing divided regime at war with itself (Fans-owners-manager-players) hoping for a better day,the latter cited to Shankly speaks of unified confidence (Fans-owners-manager-players)on the way forward,a statement that fans have a say on the governance of the club,not just the duty to support the manager as stated by others,but support to maintain traditional goals and foundations of the club.

I applaud LFC true supporters i.e fans,those that embrace the TRINITY !

Premier League footballers don’t tend to ask the cost of their indulgences. They inhabit a world in which facilitators effortlessly ensure bookings at the best restaurants, deals for the fastest cars, and opportunities generally unavailable to the great unwashed. The price is incidental.

Yet when Liverpool’s players were offered first refusal on “an executive hospitality experience” in a US-style “super box” capable of seating 25 people in Anfield’s new main stand, they baulked at the expense.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a6858106.html

Widespread reports, including from the Telegraph‘s Chris Bascombe, reveal that FSG held “emergency talks” on Saturday evening and throughout Sunday, to “establish if a restructuring of the proposed ticket strategy is feasible.”

Though Bascombe indicates that “it remains unclear what—if any—concessions they intend to make,” this climbdown shows the power of protest.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/02...field-walkout/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

"....not just the duty to support the manager " (sic)*

who said that?!?!

If you want to deny the VALIDITY of the first quote, the one that speaks DIRECTLY to wagonism (of which you are guilty and so you abhor it), who is the "us" in the quote? " the manager"??

*revisionist
    Peter R

Comment

Someone said this today,i called him out as projecting his faults...The quote ? ......You exude the classic signs of the debater whose arguments are purely eristic (i.e. to win the debate) while sacrificing the greater purpose of discovering truth. So context is important; taking "sound-bites" (another of your favourite terms) to support your argument is dishonesty.

Nuff said.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
        Someone said this today,i called him out as projecting his faults...The quote ? ......You exude the classic signs of the debater whose arguments are purely eristic (i.e. to win the debate) while sacrificing the greater purpose of discovering truth. So context is important; taking "sound-bites" (another of your favourite terms) to support your argument is dishonesty.

Nuff said.
        You're right... good point!

Because I left out the most critical part. So here is your paragraph in full and I have highlighted the part that I find to be revisionist.

"The first not cited , in my opinion is a call for unity of a failing divided regime at war with itself (Fans-owners-manager-players) hoping for a better day,the latter cited to Shankly speaks of unified confidence (Fans-owners-manager-players)on the way forward,a statement that fans have a say on the governance of the club,not just the duty to support the manager as stated by others,but support to maintain traditional goals and foundations of the club."

So having corrected my error of potentially quoting you out of context (which I didn't) but to be fair, I have put the entire paragraph. My question still stands:

Who are "the others" who stated that that was "just the duty" of the fan??
        Peter R

Comment

Use the search engine and dig up my essay on the Trinity.Take time and read it,then try yuh best and comprehend it.

Comment

No Sir X, Just answer the question, who are "the others" who said that the "only" duty, as this is what "not just" implies in the way you used it, was to support the manager? Do I really need to go read that diatribe again to get an answer?
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              No Sir X, Just answer the question, who are "the others" who said that the "only" duty, as this is what "not just" implies in the way you used it, was to support the manager? Do I really need to go read that diatribe again to get an answer?
              U nuh see sey LateX no have no sense. Him really believe his own stupidity...that's what is most amazin' Keep banging your head against the wall, he is too coward to give an honest answer. Embarrassing.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
              X