Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Town bias rears head again!!!!

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...ootball-awards

Kerr scores 32 goals with 20 in second round.
    Marshall scores 26 goals and 16 in second round

Guess who gets them picture in the paper and first mention accolades, yeah not the Dcup yute.
    Now I don't have the stats in how many games were played for each so maybe Kerr played a lot more games, don't know we don't track and post that kind of simple detail.

Games being equal or roughly equal then Kerr should have been the highlight of the article plus his team achieved more than Marshall's team.
    Just my $100.00J opinion!

Oh and BTW mi bawn and raise ah town!!!

bigger issue is...WHO CARES

Comment

Probably the most recognizable face in schoolboy football.Tganks for the walk down memory lane,Stonigut.
      As to your assertion of bias..,really need more info..

Comment

Yes, this is a serious Town vs Country bias that has been around for ever.

Although mi bawn a town, Munro has given me a strong rural ken.

The least dem coulda do is put up photos of both players. Jeez man!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ANd this comment re the article makes a good point:

Neil Jackson • 13 hours ago
          They need to understand what MVP means in a competition. You have one player who scored the decisive goal in the two most important finals yet walked away empty handed. Note on top of that those two goals secure championship honors. My question is if a player scored 1000 goals yet couldn't take his team to the podium for the gold how can he be more valuable than the player who secure gold for his team. Is MVP base on goal scored or championship. The JC player who scored in the Manning cup final then return to score in the Oliver shield is beyond a doubt the MVP. If that's not enough for MVP then we might as well hand the title out without playing to see who the champion will be.

Debatable still, if all he did was score those two goals, however important they might be!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I'm just glad that as a "town" man yourself. You are at the point where you know it's foolishness. I think this is why Pres.Obama wanted the youth of JA. to come here on leadership programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
              I'm just glad that as a "town" man yourself. You are at the point where you know it's foolishness. I think this is why Pres.Obama wanted the youth of JA. to come here on leadership programs.
              LOL!! Mi spleen!!!
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I have no words....😂😂😂😂

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

This gets back to my original issue, that we are falling in love wid the wrong ting and we keep replicating the behaviour, now I don't know anything about Marshall, I have seen one or two Georges games but nothing really jumped out at me and to be fair I only watched about 15 minutes of each game, I watched this new cup lime or flow or something like that and I saw a some of the Manning cup final, I watched two or three steths games almost fully so I saw more there.

What criteria are we using to say Marshall is the man and Kerr is not so much the man, that is what I want to understand better.

Kerr seems stronger, faster and very skilled in finishing in air with head and on the ground, Marshall may look silkier but when the competition gets better can his physical assets step up to the competition, that is the issue. I say Kerr is built to compete, will he get the shot or will it go as usual that the mcup/town star have the easier path to the next step like a surprise guest invitation on the Reggaeboyz squad etc which can be a nice leg up.

Comment

Yes, plus Kerr was hurt for the Olivier Shield game. MVP is bigger than two goals, Jc youth should get MVP of Olivier Shield game.

Comment

MVP for the game perhaps, but for the season?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Should this award have anything to do with future marketability, his professional potential? Who cares about "the next step" at this level?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yeah, definitely not. MVP is a higher standard than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            I have no words....😂😂😂😂
                            Fuss mi ah get any indication seh Obama follow JA skool ball. Wi big bout yah
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

No, just using the discussion toget back to the original identification of talent issue, we look for silkiest talent without context of physical capabilities, maturity and ability to endure, last one of course is very tough to gauge. Final result is many if our local stars cannot cut mustard when the thing step to another physical level, higher pace and no crutches to rest on.

Comment

Working...
                              X