X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul and Peter

did you guys see this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2I_LifF0sk

Just when you guys thought your problems were fading. It's going to be a hot summer this year

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
    did you guys see this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2I_LifF0sk

Just when you guys thought your problems were fading. It's going to be a hot summer this year
    Jawge - there is no doubt going to be a giant clash of swords at the end of the season, especially if teams like LFC and Manu** finish outside the top 4...which looks highly probable. The clubs inside the top 4 will be in the cat bird's seat for talent, and the really big talent will be only available to the super rich (LFC is not) such as Manu**, City, and the usual non-EPL suspects like Bayern Munich, Barcelona and RM. I *suspect* that Klopp will have enough sway with the current squad "elders" like Coutinho, Sakho, Firmino and Henderson to hold the core together while getting rid of the players that don't suit him...but lets be honest, other than Coutinho, who do we have that is bonafide international star? Gerrard, Suarez and to a lesser extent Sterling were the last of that crowd. We will have to see, but my money is on Klopp holding on t his most important assets. When you look around the Prem, and Europe, you have to ask yourself - "Who can we afford?" There are no players burning up the pitch that are within our budget. We will have to wait and see.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Some people might be happy to see any of Brendan Rodger's (sic)* "monkey wrenches" (sic) leave the club....once the player is associated with BR in any way shape or form, him a "monkey wrench". (BTW, Maybe our poster friend's new handle is going to be "MecaniX"? LOL). And no doubt any error, misstep or fault (however inadvertent or minor) by any one of these players, will continue to be laid at the feet of BR by a certain "noisy neighbour".
      Until there is a complete turnover of the squad, introduced by BR (sic), we will no doubt continue to hear this incessant, annoying rattle that probably needs, well... a "monkey wrench" to fix. LOL

Anyway, if he (Coutinho) manages to be lured away it will be for a significant markup on his purchase price. He is in the early years of a 5 yr. contract, so that, coupled with his on-field ability, will certainly demand a significant asking price.

However, as Paul says, JK will probably turn on his charm on the existing squad members that he wants to keep. No doubt, he is a more charismatic figure than BR, and that in itself will go a long way in keeping players at the club. Has Coutinho ever indicated wanting any type of move away? Not sure myself, but I don't think so. I know you were linking a move to Real Madrid for him. I couldn't argue that a move to Barca wouldn't be appealing to Coutinho. Who wouldn't want to play alongside Messi, Neymar and Suarez? just to name that particular trio. The flip side is who can LFC/JK attract? that is affordable? (I think Paul also referred to lack of depth of LFC's pockets) as no doubt, there will be a shakeup.
      * some folks in their blind, and irrational hatred of a loyal ex-servant of the club, conveniently ignore the existence of the LFC transfer committee.
      Peter R

Comment

To Peter and Paul. Guys to be honest I wouldn't ant to see your club lose Couthino right now, because you need him. Notice you beat Leicester the other day because who was playing? Watch out Tuesday. As Paul correctly pointed out. The big clubs want world class talent (hey they see what Barca is doing with the Trio). LFC would have to spend some money inorder to have quality people to entice Cotinho to stay.

Paul whatever you do please don't mention Sahko as foundation for your club

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          To Peter and Paul. Guys to be honest I wouldn't ant to see your club lose Couthino right now, because you need him. Notice you beat Leicester the other day because who was playing? Watch out Tuesday. As Paul correctly pointed out. The big clubs want world class talent (hey they see what Barca is doing with the Trio). LFC would have to spend some money inorder to have quality people to entice Cotinho to stay.

Paul whatever you do please don't mention Sahko as foundation for your club
          Sakho has been playing great! He is rarely at fault at the back. I just think that he has a style which gives people a heart attack whenever he touches the ball because he just doesn't look confident, but he is pretty solid. And true, maybe not "foundational" but he has turned in some really good performances this season.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Okay if you say so. I will mark the Norwich game as being very abnormal

Comment

Yes but he is not Brasilian ... Don't you see that?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                Yes but he is not Brasilian ... Don't you see that?
                When we were in university, we used to "subtract 3 points" automatically from the ratings of the girls from Bahamas (too high maintenance). So I understand the concept...and for the avoidance of doubt and with all due respect to the fine ladies from B'mas, I also now understand the errors inherent in that thinking.

Comment

Working...
                X