No announcement yet.

Liverpool fans,if you can..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be that as it may, we had chances, and those who we depend on to put them away were wasteful and/or ran into De Gea. So I see it.
    Peter R

Comment

Excellent match!
      2 managers at the top of their game.

1st the winning manager: Used all the pace at his disposal to counter Liverpool's superior pace. ...then introduced one of his top 'cunning' midfielder-strikers when the pace of the game had come back. That was to suit that slow Juan Matta. ...and Matta it was that put in that superb cross the Fellaini met...beating the 'pool's 'keeper all ends up that then fell for the excellent technique of that goal-scoring machine Wayne Rooney.

BoyU had no choice but to defend stoutly and pray for the game to come back to them - i.e. their pace to catch up to 'pool's (wait for the 'pool player to run out of gas) - with the game still within their grasp.

The manager planned his set up of his unit in a wonderful way. (BoyU fanz need to come to terms with this BoyU team being just a tad below the top TEAM's on strength and pace...not as good as BoyU TEAMs of the recent past. LVG is doing a fantastic job with his plodders against the elite TEAMs.

2nd the losing manager: Put out a superbly prepared TEAM that ran BoyU ragged. There was not a thing he could do save 'bax Henderson' upside his head. Henderson too often was not cool in front of goal...did not forego shot on 2 occasions when 'pool had the goal at his TEAM's mercy...not his mercy for shot...but to just roll the ball to a well placed TEAMmate.

To be fair to Henderson others of his TEAMmates went for shots or the wrong option for that final pass. ...then there was Llanna's failure to go over D'Gea with an empty goal behind.

Finally 'pool's frontline and midfielders collapsed - got tired. Balls they won easily earlier were now lost to BoyU - the game had come back to BoyU's trundlers. Matta came on and that was that!

The 'pool manager did his best. His players' - midfielders and forwards - left their thinking caps on the play-ground.

Liverpool should have won! BoyU did!
      BoyU's better brains won out! ...but that is the way true lover's of the game wish it! After all is said, Football is played with the head (=brain).

Afterthought?
      ...then David D'Gea was, David D'Gea! 2 fantastic saves!
      Last edited by Karl; January 17, 2016, 12:35 PM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Only one Smalling I see around right now!! If Pool had a Smalling with Skrtel they would have won the championship in that 2013-2014 year. Another forward or great striker would have made no difference, this is the difference between great teams and good teams, weaknesses must be addressed they can't be just left to fester much as Pool did that year and it came back and bit them hard. Worse yet they were also weak at dm, they wanted the extra attacking power of Gerrard but failed to counter his d weakness with a mascherano type of dm, si double weakness on d in the heart of the transition d that equals fifty five goals conceded, 40 from open play and 33 in second half, what that tell you!!! We gave the title away! A defender like Smalling will make a world of difference for pool.
        Last edited by Stonigut; January 17, 2016, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Your opinion is noted!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Uh oh sounds ominous!!!

Comment

Yeah, no doubt, but I always say, until its bouncing around in the net it is just a day dream!!!

Comment

Thanjs for removing the altered Rooney image from your avatar,and that explains why he was somehow left off your very short list of choices.What explains Fellaini's absence?
                Stonigut is right about Smlling too,admittedly, he has had recently a few bad games BUT..

Comment

No omen from me.

It's just that it is clearly a matter of opinion. How does Koscielny or Monreal compare to a Smalling? Or another player from France or Germany? Maybe you rate Smalling a lot more than me or Peter!

You have considered Liverpool's present condition. Maybe Peter and I were thinking if Liverpool had all its defenders healthy, would we need a Smalling?

I know I just don't like Kolo Toure at all, but Skrtel can probably gwaan. He will score the odd goal on either goal from time to time.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nothing explains Fellaini's absence. I would love to have a Fellaini on a Liverpool side as well.

The simple fact is, a lot of Liverpool players are just not any good, so when you ask a question like that, maybe place a limit as to how many players one can choose. Because even Smalling would work out better than a few Liverpool defenders, including Skrtel!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      No omen from me.

It's just that it is clearly a matter of opinion. How does Koscielny or Monreal compare to a Smalling? Or another player from France or Germany? Maybe you rate Smalling a lot more than me or Peter!

You have considered Liverpool's present condition. Maybe Peter and I were thinking if Liverpool had all its defenders healthy, would we need a Smalling?

I know I just don't like Kolo Toure at all, but Skrtel can probably gwaan. He will score the odd goal on either goal from time to time.
                      And to answer my own question, yes, Smalling could take the place of maybe any of our defenders.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Working...
                        X