RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use of stats to identify great role players!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    That is not true Sass, maybe there is a culture of football is an art in Jamaica, this is lack of development on the part of our administrators, but look elsewhere stats are at the heart of cricket and track and field, i think some of these trackers are just volunteers not sure how it works in cricket and t+f, at least the collection process is the begining which is the very base of real analysis. That's how we tell who should be the fourth man or woman in 4*1 or 4*4 and we quickly go to the performance stats and look at fastest time, where it was run, consistency of times after that, current form etc etc and we all do that. The data is there as it is a part of the whole of the sport and it has been institutionalized over one hundred years.

In football we just measure goals, yellow and red cards in Jamaica, we now vtape all games or most games at mcup Dcup and rspl so Issa and Jff should commit to start adding new things to track a few things per year and commit to it. I would start with assists and shots and shots on goals. Then the following year could be something like possession statistics, player passing information, interceptions, tackles made, tackles won etc etc, a nice gradual progression to tracking key stats that we know are integral to player development in Jamaica.
    All this incessant yappin about statistics is a HUGE red herring. Let's say JA starts to compile these reams of stats...what then?? Ans: NOTHING

This because the KEY problem is NOT STATISTICS....It's the lack of any structured development plan from U-10 to Seniors. Allied to that is the juvenile & myopic focus of Jamaicans on "making the next World Cup" ...Hence the reliance on Instant Snowball.. which incidentally has been a complete failure for ~20 years

After a while I'm really disgusted by the strenuous yappin on downstream issues like stats collection (on undeveloped players)....when the key problems & solutions are so obvious. i.e. Our teachers & players of the game are BACKWARD and the JFF has not yet even formulated an outline development plan to address this...

But that backward JFF entity along with its brainless supporters like yourself... continue the long term folly of supporting SnowBall as a crutch to produce a decent "national team"... and thereby unnu can completely avoid having to deal with player development.

Just putting this silly stats yappin in its true & bankrupt perspective
    Last edited by Don1; January 17, 2016, 02:29 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

That is the problem, no developmental goals, no plans, no action, just short term focus. Issa can start the process, there is no place to look and see how many games Dawkins of JC played how many goals how many assists or any summary detail, can't compare him to Kerr of Steths and let the performance speak for itself, I have looked and its is almost impossible to find.
      So if you have no goals, no measurement, no gap analysis, no plans to close the gap, what do you have, pretty much nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
        How easy/hard is stat collection at a grassroots level? I think there is a huge machine behind the stats that we may not be able to easily implement. Not sure though.
        It shall take great effort!
        ...but if we take a look at our history and the successes of those who have left our shores to compete in hostile environments outside of the island, great effort is not something we dodge...fact is, we embrace it!

Start in the small football groups...schools and clubs of various sorts and feed the info into Parish Associations...which their stats on to the Confederation...to the National Body! ...hey we are in an age where uses of the computer and internet is a 'pure reflex action'!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
        X