Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allan 'Skill Cole'

Campionite?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Maybe for a cup of coffee. He went to Kingston College where even the ultra forgiving 'Dougs' Forrest couldn't deal with his antics. Apparantly herb everyday was frowned upon then. He then went to (recruited) to Vere where some say the best Manning team ever basically played exhibition ball against all whom they faced.

Comment

Herb and horse race I heard, while still playing Colts
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Vere was a Manning's TEAM...laden with former Manning Cup players?

The year you are referencing would be welcome?

Just asking for a naming of the entire Vere team and an attachment of the Manning Cup playing school each left?

Thanks!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

btw - Gamma: Your post on "Skill" at Campion has caused me to think that I have heard that before...long, long ago. Was he there for a very, very short time? ...that is what I seem to recall!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Herb and horse race I heard, while still playing Colts
            Yep. Horses would get him into serious trouble later on.

Comment

Yes a short time but long enough to nurture his skills😏

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Football wise he was a quick learner so it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Just asking for a naming of the entire Vere team and an attachment of the Manning Cup playing school each left?

Thanks!
                  Sorry meant to say best School boy team ever it was said. Skill's move to Vere was the beginning of Vere's recruitment program . Which Georges have now taken to the next level. Morning Willi LOL

Comment

Primary school?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      Yes a short time but long enough to nurture his skills😏
                      Talk about grasping at straws...

Comment

Incontrovertibly linked!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                          Primary school?
                          I am not sure which primary school he went to but it most likely Harbour View. His father "Cherry" Cole was from Harbour View.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Thanks!
                            I think quite a number of those guys came from Trench Town Comprehensive. I known the big star on that team was Douglas(first name Anthony i think). He was recruited from Trinidad's Presentation College, arguably the best high school for football in the West Indies. Others were the Blair brothers, Orville Edwards. Can't remember all off the top of my head, this was back in 68-69.

Comment

Also Kenneth Campbell. Another name for skill was Cherry never knew it came from his father just assumed it was his complexion. Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X