Maxwell's days at Seba are numbered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Maxwell's days at Seba are numbered

I am quite relaxed. You obviously do not comprehend well today. I am no saint and I am no prude.

The first issue has nothing to do with whether we use profanity or not. Yes we all do. But the issue is the habitual, out of control behavior of a coach. There are huge differences between private use of profanity by adults, public use of profanity on an infrequent basis when someone is exasperated but would not otherwise behave poorly in public, and then the habitual spewing of profanity without any respect for societal standards of decency or respect for those around.

Secondly, it is the absolute obligation of the courts to enforce laws against public indecency. To say that the courts need to address capital crimes and ignore infractions regarding indecency is crazy. Maybe if they were doing that along and if others in society had upheld our standards of behavior things would not be as bad as they are. Surely, I understand the socio-economic conditions, drug use and sales and how these things adversely impact society. So public indecency is a not the biggest part of our national problem. But we should never, ever ignore it.

Finally, to suggest Mosiah is giving me a pass for my statments here and that I should be glad, I state that I am not the least bit deterred or afraid. No one on this site is going to intimidate me. I, also, will not be deterred from posting what I know to be right and proper. If the moderators, who hold standards of decency on this site, now think that it is inappropriate for me to post as I have this morning, I can simply leave as many others have done before. No problem to me!
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

<DIV>
      Westman (9/4/2006)If the moderators, who hold standards of decency on this site, now think that it is inappropriate for me to post as I have this morning, I can simply leave as many others have done before. No problem to me!
      </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>How you reach desso, my boss? No one has suggested you leave, and despite my unorthodox standards of decency, no one was ever going to delete your posts or suggest that yuh talking nonsense. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>On the other hand, the controlled use of profanity on this website will never nudge me to consider taking any action. Even esteemed and respected posters like Karl has let off once in a while. It brought his point across better than any English word could and a hell of a lot quicker!</DIV><DIV>
      And that's what I'm talking about. I apologise for not making that distinction. Uncontrolled and reckless use of expletives will not be tolerated here, neither should it be tolerated on a football field, by the coach or anyone else. And that includes Marlon King.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I guess my initial post in this thread was a reaction to what I consider a complete waste of timeby our courts in bringing entertainers before the courts simply for harmless use of a cussword. I am 100% against it. Badwud is one thing, disrespect is another, and incitement is yet another. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>If Maxwell is simply reeling them off for every little incident, then something is seriously wrong with his communication skills. And certainly, when that happens, he is bound to be crossing the lines of respect. Now, that will be a problem for sure. But to tell a player, "whe didi **** yuh a duh dung desso? a did desso mi send yuh?" Compare that to, "whe di bprc yuh nuh listen to whe mi tell yuh, fassy? mi send yuh black bc dung desso? yuh nuh have nuh effing sense?! mine mi haffi tell bout yuh..." Get the picture?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Apparently, he seems to be doing the latter.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Westman, yuh done know you are always welcome here. Sorry to disappoint, but that's how I feel about this profanity issue.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hey Westman have a point. I do believe the authority to continue to ve vigilant with entertainers who show great deal of indecency. I for one believe in the borken window theory.. Having said that I have been around a great deal of coaches who swears at players, and I dont think it can last for long. The players will eventually clue out.

Comment

I am on a different tangent totally it seems, the minute I saw the 'Sir Alex' mention I am here wondering what Bustamante has to do with profanity....ahhh boy Ah tell you -- he he he
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

<DIV>
            OJ (9/4/2006)Hey Westman have a point. I do believe the authority to continue to ve vigilant with entertainers who show great deal of indecency. I for one believe in the borken window theory.. Having said that I have been around a great deal of coaches who swears at players, and I dont think it can last for long. The players will eventually clue out.
            </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>What do you mean by "great deal"? </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV><DIV>Giuliani employed the broken window rule in NYC and is credited with reducing the crime rate dramatically. Did that include arresting people for cusswords? </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>OJ, coaches using cusswords is here to stay. And it's not because of me and my lax standards. Now, those being disrespectful might not be around for long. There is a difference!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>And Westman and yourself are entitled to opinions. I respectfully disagree, at times, and that too is my right. But wi muss can live same way, nuh true?</DIV></DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo if we both agree with the brokewn window theory, then why do you not see that we need to punish these artist who decides to use indecent language in public performances. Also we should crack down on passa passa that have 10 year old boys stimulating sex with grown women on camera. What if it was a 10 year old girl and 40 year old man... You have to start somewhere. I stand corrected, its not the indecent profanity by the coach its the berating and insulting of players ....

Comment

But nuh Fergie nearly buss Beckham's head wid a football boot?

One of the reasons I wanted Ruud to stay is he would've likely knock out Fergie!

THere is nothing amicable about the departure of Veron and Bekham.

Fergie has his chosen players; Rooney, Ronaldo.., he has even convinced Saha that he is part of the family.

Fergie can't even get along with Kanu big friend, the Guru, Wenger.

Maxwell fi bax dem dung 2.

Blessed

Blessed

Comment

Seems comprehension problems are not exclusively to me

I didnt say that Mosiah was giving you a pass blah blah blah

What I inferred was that you are bored (being a holiday) , hence mosiah's response gave you a chance to get preachy (itchy fingers) so where you stretched that to was open to your imagination.

Is a changing room a public or private place, or even a team meeting in the middle of the field at half time, most coaches I know use expletives from time to time , most bosses do

there is a famous american coach who cusses a lot - not sure if its bob knight

I am not saying its ok but just poiting out it happens to most human beings and we cant expect a standard from others that is different from that we have for ourselves.

Comment

Him used to cuss badwud when him was our Manning Cup coach.

Cannot argue the results though.

Comment

Sickko (9/4/2006)
                      Maxwell is not some doofus off the streets he is a highly educated man, why does he need to resort to that kind of behavior.
                      Educated? Or jus' smart...

Comment

No fi you friend again ??? Ha ha ha. Him showing some signs of losing it Sistah P, like him think him above the club and everything. Given his recent history of not finishing his contracts at clubs maybe he needs to reconsider his approach.
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

OJ and Mo, explain this broken window argument for the rest of us who have no clue what it means. Been trying to figure it out non my own but .... cant mek it since me nevah go to any school pon Hope Road.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Unnuh play a blouse and skirt game, sits well with just about all.

It is artificial, and expletives are secondary when modifying a bigotry word, and used to get a desired result..

The concern surrounding ..15 years old.., is your child would be in the company of an adult that deviates from the norm.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                            X