Maxwell's days at Seba are numbered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxwell's days at Seba are numbered

The season is yet to start but already there are rumblings the coach cant control himself and players are getting ticked off.

The Seba players were reluctant to retake the field for the second half in their pre-season friendly against Wadadah at Jarrett Park on Sunday night after what was reported to be a profanity laced tirade by the much travelled coach.

There were also reports that he used profanity while addressing players at an Under 17 game this Summer.

Bet are on for how long he will last on this stint...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: Maxwell's days at Seba are numbered

<DIV>So what if he uses profanity? Really strange when I hear us complain about profanity when every frigging day we all cuss from breakfast to supper! Entertainers are hauled before our overworked courts over profanity! Give me a goddamn break!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I bet if we get a good coach for the Reggae Boyz who has no problems lighting up the place with a few choice words, we would look the other way. But it's Jamaica's Geoffrey Maxwell. How dare that mofo tell us bad words!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And they call you site moderator....... - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Really cant see the big deal , I am sure its not the 1st time and they knew his history before hand.Ihear its the norm in Sir Alexdressing room and those that reply e.g Keaneare shown the door in Ja, I guess its the opposite.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You are capable of better leadership. An apology is due to this site, and by extension to the others who you attempt to belittle because of their expectations for public decency.

Your post underlines/emphasizes a severe problem with Jamaican society. You, as a member of the educated class, now publicly express that there is nothing wrong with a leader being out of control and recklessly spewing profanity. You go further by taking issue with the Jamaican justice system which holds top entertainers accountable for their acts of public indeceny. And then there is the ultimate. You decide to use shortened versions of profanity on the web site. The players at Seba and the Jamaican Justice System really do have a right to insist on public decency.

I am really disappointed that a moderator of this site, who is committed to enforcing the standard of decency on this site, openly challenges the norms of public decency through his arguments and the weak attempt to veil his own use of profanity here.

I hope we will not see you use your authority as a moderator to delete posts which do not conform to yourpersonally biasedsense of public decency. I hope instead you will get to understand that, in music, poetry, personal interaction and public interaction, a real weakness is the inability to persuade, motivate or entertain without the use of uncontrolled, flowing expletive outbursts.

I watched Tiger's interview on 60 Minutes again last night. He told of how he asked his father, and ex-special forces member, to push him. His father did it intensely, but as Tiger said, he never crossed the line. His father had told him it would get ugly. I am sure he made it very ugly....but as Tiger said, his father would go close to the line but never cross it. Maybe you and coach Maxwell need to understand this type of motivation instead of the expletive laden, personal destruction form of de-motivation.

Please spare us your usual explanation about sarcasm. It can't play here now. This is a serious subject.
          "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

FIYAH BOX TO RHATID!!!!!!! - T.K.

Comment

Sir Alex would not have survived in the Premiership if he was anything like coach Maxwell. The entire Man United team has never threatened not to enter a playing field because of their manager's behavior. Keane is an out of controll player and that is why he ws not offered a position on United's coaching staff.

Infrequent outbursts when you are exasperated, and when you show contrition afterwards can be tolerated. Sir Alex knows how to motivate his players well, and while I do not like his management style, he absolutely does not show uncontrolled, volatile behavior to his olayers on a consistent basis. If anyone says that, it has to belie. Top players do not spend their entire careers with a manager that is always or frequently out of control. There is adifference when someone is intense.

Comment

This is no Fiyah Box. It is severe disappointment with Mosiah, whose education I know to be very good and very broad. I am not just talking about his academic history. I am most disappointed that he does not understand that, as a leader, his words should be more carefully thought out before he makes them public.

Comment

Re: Maxwell

So what else is new!

...and, some speak of this man as national coaching material? :w00t:
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What if your 15 year-old came home to tell you his coach keeps using profanity at games and during training? Is that the kind of atmosphere you want your child to be in?

Maxwell is not some doofus off the streets he is a highly educated man, why does he need to resort to that kind of behavior.

And he is still lobbying for the national job? If he cant communicate properly with a club team how will he communicate with international players?
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Saint Westman relax , we all use badwords at times, we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory

He who is without sin let him cast the first stone

Maybe because today is a holiday Mosiah gave you a chance to scratch your itchy fingers

relax brethren - I agree with Mosiah much more critical issues for the justice system to deal with , have you ever been to a stage show and seen where a DJ says - "if a fassy hole nuh like mi , guh .........."(and then turns the mike to the audience who completes the lines in loud unision?

Comment

If your 15 year old comes home complaining about hearing profanity I suggest you get him a bottle of scotch and a gyal fast. If him nuh grow up to be a MAAMA MAN sumting wrong.

Comment

I will assume this is a joke or your very lame attempt at levity....whatever it is, it has fallen flat. This my boy cant become no 'maama man' so I have to expose him to all kinds of crassness is one of the many ills of our society.

Our boys are not taught to show any of what we would term as softness and thus they are taught to be cold and withhold feelings from they are young.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Where yuh come from? If a yute cyaan tek a couple badword being cussed at him how will he ever survive inna di world? Gwaan pet and pamper your yute a sorry fi him when him grow big.

Comment

Just jokes Westman......I was simply acting the fool with my instigating self. Everyone knows by now when I say "Fiyah Box" or "Box Him Yes" it is with the goal of inciting war between the two parties. Yes I am too damn immature. - T.K.

Comment

Working...
                              X