Big Bad Usa Like I said the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OJ View Post
    They have the infracsrtructure, the vision and the players but need to harness it.
    So me a tell im! They currently lack that harnessing of the 'real talented players'.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I would agree that It's unlikely the US will win a world cup

in the next 2 decades. Given that we will likely be on this planet for another 2 million years before we exhaust all the resources, assuming we don't kill each other of get killed, I think "never" is a bit over the top. I also think that outside of Mexico no other concacaf team has a better chance that the US, given current situations.

I wouldn't use last night's results as a guauge of US soccer. Maybe the A team would not have fared better, but clearly they took a weakened squad to the tournament as discuss widely. I agree that their gold cup team wasn't the strongest I have seen but the US has a cadre of young players that I think will emerge to strengthen the squad.

As far as holding the gold cup elsewhere, yes I would love to see smaller countries with the stadia capacity (I don't know which) hold the cup. Frankly, I think that CONCACAF looks at the $ and potential to further penetrate this market, given that the largest market, Mexico, is already saturated, and will continue to hold it (often) in the US.

Comment

They will never go to the top of the World NEVER but I do agree they are disregarding all the bush leagues & Sunday ballers that would definately take them to the next level every Country picks the best players from the parks even in England Robbie Earl & many more were found in the parks playing Sunday ball but even if they find these players they will still NEVER WIN A WORLD CUP TRUST ME. What do you think while they are growing everyone other Country will be sitting back & watching them grow no they will be growing too.
        Racist Zeppo Said "Against Italy? Sure. But keep in mind that's the reigning World Champion and not some chump Caribbean team we're used to slapping around in CONCACAF" Zeppo

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          I would check that info. Not sure if any of that is true. DeRosario told me personally that he was Guyanese. Never mentioned a word about being Jamaican.
          No, of course it's not true.

Just crazy ol' Redz making up crap again during one of his tantrums (see below).

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

You are a joke & you have proven to me this site is not for Jamaican's. Do you understand that we only entered in qualifying in the 80's we have come a long way before that we were not even in the draw the USA has been entering every year for the past 50 to 60 years & have only recently started to qualify with the help of the referies. Imagine if we were entering for 50 + years. We have natual skills we dont need anyone from any where else & yea 7 players on the USA's under 20 team are Jamaican born & bred went to high school there & were all scooted by the USA colleges & came here to go to school then the USA drafted them into thier team some were even drafted from high schools here after getting scholoships to attend high schools in the US.
            Racist Zeppo Said "Against Italy? Sure. But keep in mind that's the reigning World Champion and not some chump Caribbean team we're used to slapping around in CONCACAF" Zeppo

Comment

They have no stronger team what are you talking about I dont care if the USA does good or not but what the hell the exact same Gold Cup team would have done you sound crazy they could not have done any thing different they may have even lost by a bigger margin please this was thier A team missing a few palyers these palyers are all 100% fit & ready. THEY WILL NEVER WIN A WORLD CUP & stop putting yourself down outside the Mexico the USA is the only other team that has a chance to Win A WORLD CUP thast is not true that is ridiculous. What the hell are you talking about if TnT, Haiti, Hunduras with David Sausa or how ever he spells his name get more suppot they will win this thing with ease trust me. Name me one USA player in the class of David Sausa, John Barnes, Dywite York, Russle Lattapy & you know I can name many more.

Comment

Redz I am not a usa soccer supporter but you have actually made the analysis that is frighetening. If you told me 10 years ago that the usa would consisteny beat mexican I would say no way in hell. I would say that for the same reason you mention which is other countries wont sit back and let them develop. Well I have news for you my brother.. Jamaica has, the football development in the usa is 100x that in Jamaica. I remember as a 15 year old playing club soccer in Canada, it would not be competive between us an our us counterparts. Now we see that the average regular age group canada team struggles with their u.s counterpart. I see youth teams in the usa and while the Canadian might be more technical the u.s teams were more efficient. Whats more frightening I have seen some teams out of the maintstream u.s , I am talking teams from the gold coast league who are not the kids paying 3000 a year to play but some black and hispanic kids put some football under some europeans in sweden that I had tto say if the usa federation id these kids and get them in the program they will run concacaff. Guess what they are doing it without the getth kids from cali and arizona and florida.. Imagine when they start buildign turf fields in philly and brookly. Imagine when they put indoor field turn in Detriot and St. Louis. Soccer in the usa is still a middle class sport and once they figure out how to make it more accessible lookout

Comment

Claudia Reyna and all thier keepers.. Not buying out you argument sah but they deserve some credit. They produce many worldclass goalkeepers.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    Careful Redz!

My late good friend Courtney made a claim about football never becoming a major sport in the USA. Well what do you think today?

The USA can easily move to the very TOP OF THE WORLD, if only the insularity in the sport goes away. I think that presently the USA's best talents never see any of the national teams.

Why?

Insularity! Where is TK when you need him?

From the very earliest stages the talent coming through from immigrant groups and the poorest of environs have strikes against them.

i) Most coaches at that level are not in the "in crowd" with those whose players are allowed to move forward.

ii) Most parents of the immigrants are not well connected with the movers and shakers in the various regions.

The entire system is class and socialgram based. inferior talent well connected moves forward. Get rid of that insularity and series of stumbling blocks to best talent moving forward and the USA's TEAM will faster and faster move towards reflection of best talent in the USA.

One good thing we can see pointing to a breaking down of the barriers to talent being identified and used is this new ALL-COUNTRY DEVELOPMENT ACADEMIES. This new initiative is openning up the entire country to find talent wherever it lies. Give it time and we shall observe the changes in the national teams standard of play.

Tek hit heasy! In the USA talent abounds! Dispassionate fair selections to these DEVELOPMENT ACADEMIES and great talents will rise to the top. Give it time...and, it could happen much faster than you think.

Aside: In JA talent abounds...but, actions in countries around us make it an imperative that we find the best talent ACROSS THE ISLAND - no 'bush', village, district, inner city township, town being left unwatched - and expose that talent to excellent teaching/coaching and for the 'best of the best'...as does, for example, the USA continuous preparations with steady diet of quality international matches.

FORWARD!
                    There are 3 reasons why USA will never move to the very top in Football:

1. NFL
                    2. Basketball
                    3. Baseball

Stop beating a dead horse.

Comment

what under 17 squad and what tournament? who was the coach. Keep in mind he played for Canada vs keith kelly and shavar in that U20. So lets put some timelines around this. The jamaica u 17 then would be gamma not carl so be careful how we say this. Again I know he had interest but I dont think he has ever been to Jamaica..

Comment

RedZ....all I ave to say to you iZ zat you muss try to break up your writing into 'bite-size' paragraphs--so what yo ave to say is clear and readable.
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                          RedZ....all I ave to say to you iZ zat you muss try to break up your writing into 'bite-size' paragraphs--so what yo ave to say is clear and readable.
                          He would, if only his 'medication' would permit it.
                          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                          - Xavi

Comment

LOL. Good grief.

These sort of posts never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/r...1_u20_0615.jpg

This is the group to be worried about.

Comment

Was this the fellow that paid his way to Jamaica to try out for the under 17 team?
                                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X