Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montego Bay vs Reno - western derby!

Unnu miss a classic last night!

Dino Williams and MBUFC put on an attacking clinic against neighbours Reno. What a fine display of one/two-touch football by Mobay. The second goal by Dino was a team goal of the highest quality. He was lucky to still be on the field after a clash with the Reno captain but this is what the sponsors are paying their good money for, to see the new star of local football done di place! Someone had to step up with the departure of Maestro.

Reno knew they couldn't hang with the Mobay team and simply bypassed the middle totally in the first half yet managed to get a couple good looks at goal whenever the ball bounced in their favour.

But the lightning speed and movement of Mobay was too much to handle and Reno was lucky to have fished the ball out of their bet only twice. The first goal was a penalty, won and converted by Dino.

This was far more entertaining than anything I saw over the weekend.

I dare say Mobay has taken local football to previously uncharted heights. This must be local football's best ever!

I can only imagine if we had snow!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Hiw yuh get fi see de game?

Comment

Nuh siddung inna stands. A wah?

Oh, yuh live a Snowland!

Mobay United has started to stream their home games live on the Internet. I don't believe that was done last night since Red Stripe was showing this live, part of their Red Stripe Football Monday package.

You can subscribe to 1spotmedia who now carries live content for TVJ. There is an app for them too.

If unnu want see what local football is all about, who will be the next to move to Snowland, who deserves a call up to the national team, it will be worth it.

Be advised, you will be tempted to ask back fi yuh money after watching done of these Monday night games but once MBUFC is involved - ball game nice again!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks Mr President.

Comment

I saw the game too.. you too emotional..... it was slightly better that last week game... mobay one touch passing is a cut above the others yes... Ironically they do have a good training surface in tucker and Catherine hall is pretty good now. so it goes to show good surface will help speed of play and one touch ball movement.

Comment

You could also subcribe to Ceen TV they carry the monday night.

Comment

Slightly better than Arnett Gardens vs. Humble Lion? Yuh joking, don't?

I think it's more than just a good surface that has resulted in Mobay's style of play.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Agreed but I am saying because they train on a good surface you can see the ability to play that slick one touch pass and move... Similarly to Georges FC and Bertis.. You cant teach one touch on crowd pasture. But here is something i want to ask you and sickko if he comes out of hiding.. ( a who ban him) With all the coaching changes why has MBU maintian the same style of play? The one drawback or negative I have is that there seems to be a coaching carousel but I like what they are doing. Also they usually have a youth team that comes here every summer for a tournament and games... Congrats to them..

Comment

I credit Neider dos Santos (?) with bringing this style to MBU. Three coaches later they still play basically the same way, with some improvement and adjustments. So, it's good that the many coaching changes haven't disrupted the quality style they are known for.

The president is fully aware that it would be better to get a stable coach, one that can hang around for a couple seasons. For the most part, he parts company with each coach on good terms. The fact of the matter is it is difficult to continue paying them at the level he is, and it is difficult for these coaches to continue working for what is pretty small. I think he may have erred in getting rid of the Spanish coach last season, especially at the time he did.

I understand they will soon settle with a "permanent coach" in the near future.

MBU plays at Harbour View this Monday. I'd try and watch it! Both teams try to play good football all the time. Let's hope they do and a few goals are scored.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This match is on Sportsmax now as I type 11 AM my time... unfortunately have to run out. Just saw the first goal.

The field looks in really good condition but I was switching to the Barca v Chinese team match and the difference in quality of fields, judging by how the ball rolls, still has a big gap.

Not being on the ground it's hard to really judge but it looks like the grass could be cut a quarter inch lower?! but maybe not if it isn't really flat.
                    Peter R

Comment

Our best football field is not good enough to be the training field for the top clubs in football. But we do what we can.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X