Arg 4 - Us 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arg 4 - Us 1

Ray Hudson almost ruined my night but ended being/providing the needed laugh....., what a sham of a commentator.
    Would Beasley and Landon have made a meaningful difference?
    The USA was completely outplayed by Argentina.

Blessed

Is Ray Hudson th eone wih the bad accent? I hardly could take any more of him.

Argentina's play was on anoher plane from the USA. THe USA were able to hold them, but you could see the class of Argentina just bubbling under the surface.

It was good to see Veron back in action after 4 years out of the Argentian side. I know this is going to spark the "and we keeping out Tappa" argument again. But check this. The commentator said that Veron has been having a very good season with Estudiantes. This goes back to what I have been saying that a recall for Tappa can only be based on form and fitness, not his exploits of the 1998 World Cup.

The US although losing 4-1 did not disgrace themselves however. I think with Donovan and Beasley, they could be a bit more attacking, but they still would have been outclassed. You have to admit though that this was a US B side as they were missing a number of their first team players.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Fair enough.
      Veron played well(still has a heck of a shot)and Heinze should've been substituted.

Blessed

Comment

Just like I said & you fell right for it they did not take a first team. Or you maybe just a USA defender how come you don't have anything bad to say what the hell would Donavan & Beasealy have done please it would have just opened up the wings more those two players are garbage trust me I know you have to defend the USA but why? You can do that at Bigsoccer they suck & the World knows this its just like listening to music you don't like over & over eventually you are going to like it although you know it sucks ones you hear some thing that is really good then you say oh now this is music just like what you said when you said the USA was totally out classed which they were completely by an under par unfit over age Argentina side. Please tell me the faults of them now like you guys do when Jamaica looses beat them down you can't do it huh a commited slave wake up buddy unless you really support the USA more than Jamaica.
        Racist Zeppo Said "Against Italy? Sure. But keep in mind that's the reigning World Champion and not some chump Caribbean team we're used to slapping around in CONCACAF" Zeppo

Comment

I was wondering why the coach did not give Tavez a longer run. H got only about 10 minutes. Yes, that shot by Veron was a hell of a shot. On a whole, I was quite entertained by the game.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Reds, we are prepared to critique our Jamaican side because it is ours and we are not willing to settle for mediocrity. I am not a US soccer fan, I watch their games but I cannot honestly say I support them. That said, I do not care so much about their game that I would want to dissect it as I do the Reggae Boyz.

Look, you want folks to hate the USA. I do not hate them, I just do not support them as their style just does not appeal to me.

The times when we as fans just take whatever the Reggae Boyz and Bora gives and not comment, it will be the time when this forum will need to pull stumps and call it quits. If you do not get it, it is the diversity of opinions on this site why we have people posting and even some people who only visit to read the opinions.

Lastly, put your opinions forward and defend them the best you can. We are not trying to create a place to preach hate against the USA or any other team.

Comment

I would never say I hate the USA never but I can tell you this for sure they 110% hate you like a dose a poision trust mi king. I understand you wanting deversity but you are chasing away ardent Reggaeboyz supporters I have had people from England all over Europe & else where say that they cannot visit this site it has too much of a negative energy. You don't have to appease others to make your site succesfull. I would like deversity in the news but all I see is things that dont concern me well most of the things you know why they have the opportunity to censr you & they do this is your small way to cencor them you should do it trust me your site will grow from there on beleive me. If you were to say the truth that the USA sucks do know how much more hits you will get from them trying to defend it trust me you wont go wrong the site will really start growing try it & see you dont need bigsoccer visitors here to be nice you want them here to be angry it has more of an appeal a challenge if you will.
              Racist Zeppo Said "Against Italy? Sure. But keep in mind that's the reigning World Champion and not some chump Caribbean team we're used to slapping around in CONCACAF" Zeppo

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                Is Ray Hudson th eone wih the bad accent? I hardly could take any more of him.

Argentina's play was on anoher plane from the USA. THe USA were able to hold them, but you could see the class of Argentina just bubbling under the surface.

It was good to see Veron back in action after 4 years out of the Argentian side. I know this is going to spark the "and we keeping out Tappa" argument again. But check this. The commentator said that Veron has been having a very good season with Estudiantes. This goes back to what I have been saying that a recall for Tappa can only be based on form and fitness, not his exploits of the 1998 World Cup.

The US although losing 4-1 did not disgrace themselves however. I think with Donovan and Beasley, they could be a bit more attacking, but they still would have been outclassed. You have to admit though that this was a US B side as they were missing a number of their first team players.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound with this 1998 Stuck record.. the man was playing good ball as recent as the last qualifying.. Captain of the Team..

You would have us believe that Lazaroni, Carl Brown and anyone else with a say would give Tappa the Captaincy and a critical role in midfield based on his form in 1998....

And yuh complain when yuh get trace off.. if yuh chat faught what yuh expect ?

Comment

Oh well.

Used the opportunity to blood some youngsters and took a beating in the process.

Argentina brought their strongest team possible to this tournament and could very well end up winning the whole enchilada.

So we'll take our licks and learn from it. All part of the big plan to steamroller our way through the next World Cup qualifiers and beyond.
                  "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

When I go to England my friend ask me what the Reggae Boyz doing? them say "Them nah win nuh game". "I hear mi can't waste mi money fi go watch them taking a beating. " Not that the site is anti reggae boyz. Those English Jamaicans are even more critical than us on this site so stay deh make them fool you.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What new blood I told you this was going to be your excuse why not get rid of Bradley this USA

Comment

Argentina brought a old unfit team the USA brought thier top team except for three players what the hell difference they would have made pleaseeeeeee you suck the ref hopefully wont help you out here watch lets all just seeeee for our self you can also take off your blinders pleaseeee. So you say you, So we'll take our licks and learn from it, so what about Jamaica what are we doing in Asia from all the comments I heard from you I never heard you say we will take our licks & move on with our truthfully real young & unfit team. Your team is fully fit & it is your full USA team let us see if these players are the same players we see in qualifiers I can bet you 100% they will be the same team less a few players that were on the bench.

Comment

Because we shall never know, Zeppo will forever say it was the USA's 4th string that lost to Argentina. This, even while making fun of our D Team that is currently touring Asia.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Do you know how ridiculous you sound with this 1998 Stuck record.. the man was playing good ball as recent as the last qualifying.. Captain of the Team..

You would have us believe that Lazaroni, Carl Brown and anyone else with a say would give Tappa the Captaincy and a critical role in midfield based on his form in 1998....

And yuh complain when yuh get trace off.. if yuh chat faught what yuh expect ?

It is a matter of opinions if I sound ridiculous or not. Discuss my opinion in its merits, not on your personal opinion about how you think I sound. You need to learn to carry a discussion without attacking the individual you are arguing with.

Now, back to football. Veron has form and fitness as well as quality. Tappa had quality, but not form and fitness when he was installed as captain. Seems to me that the managers had issues with team selection and that is why we did not qualify for the Hex and why both CB and Laza were relieved of their positions after the USA game in Columbus, OH.

Comment

Originally posted by Redz View Post
                              I understand you wanting deversity but you are chasing away ardent Reggaeboyz supporters I have had people from England all over Europe & else where say that they cannot visit this site it has too much of a negative energy. .
                              So why not drown what you style as negativity with you and your other supporters positivity? That might be a way to go.

On this site we do not agree on all things...or indeed, all agree and everything. That's good! Hey, your cussing me off may be good for the site. ...but, cussing off everyone for not agreeing with you will just leave you the odd man out.

Cool it Redz not one of us have exclusive right to love of the REGGAE BOYZ. ...and, we'll go about expressing ourselves in different ways sometimes.

Peace out!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X