Concerning my posts about Jamaican clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerning my posts about Jamaican clubs

taking the reigns in the development of Jamaica's youth, since the JFF hasn't done anything, and doesn't seem to have any plans to do anything meaningful to develop Jamaica's youth, here's an example -

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/1...megrown-vision

And I still feel it's a good idea for Jamaican clubs to form partnerships with MLS clubs, to help with the development of their youth players, coaches & trainers.

Jamaicans very foolishly believe that development somehow starts with or is enabled by making a World Cup competition...despite the 1998 evidence proving that it does not. It's a massive exercise in self-delusion

In their ignorance they're so enraptured with the World Cup...that they see nothing else. Quite stupid & immature...but ah suh di ting set

Development starts with the correct vision and commitment to a plan of ACTION...like this:

“It was the vision of Lamar [Hunt] Sr. and what he would like to see in the future – the FC Dallas way of doing things,” Clavijo told MLSsoccer.com. “‘Hopefully one day I have my players coming from an academy.’ I think we are just instruments of that plan.
    We just don't have the vision nor the commitment (but we have lots of Snow ) ...so our football will continue to be pathetic
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

That period with Rene Simoes & his staff was something else. Jamaica qualified for the '98 World Cup, '99 U17 World Cup & '01 U20 World Cup, and introduced some good young talent to international & professional soccer.......When will we see that again???

Comment

I am sure FC Dallas is doing great things and I do have respect for Clavijo, however Us still has not demonstrated any ability to develop talent any better or much better that anybody in Concacaf on a consistent basis, still waiting for that, the model is very upper middle class and high resource oriented at its most fundamental level. I am not impressed at this point!

Comment

Seems you have completely missed the point of the post.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
            That period with Rene Simoes & his staff was something else. Jamaica qualified for the '98 World Cup, '99 U17 World Cup & '01 U20 World Cup, and introduced some good young talent to international & professional soccer.......When will we see that again???
            When the JFF gets intelligent leadership...not the myopic dummy type currently in charge

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
              Seems you have completely missed the point of the post.
              Regular ting dat fi Stoni

Comment

It (those results) was also IMO, due to the input and influence that Simoes had on the "program", such as it was. Burrell was in charge when we qualified...it would appear that we did so in spite of him. He was more interested in drinking scotch with JW than putting anything in place for development one would have to conclude.
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  It (those results) was also IMO, due to the input and influence that Simoes had on the "program", such as it was. Burrell was in charge when we qualified...it would appear that we did so in spite of him. He was more interested in drinking scotch with JW than putting anything in place for development one would have to conclude.
                  Well I have to give Cappo credit for hiring Simoes and supporting his vision and belief that Jamaica could accomplish WCQ with a largely local squad. That was outstanding ...so nuff respek due

After 1998, the wheels totally fell off the JFF cart...Cappo sank the ship & Boxhill the Driving Instructor crash di cyar

Afta bout 18 year ah observe an' tolerate dem SnowFolly...mi cyaan tek nuh more. Suh ah juss strait bun out mi ah deal wid
                  Last edited by Don1; November 23, 2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

My apologies on that, I will just take away myself and wait to see the phenomenal talent that FCDallas produces in the next two to three years and laud that unique contribution to the success of Us ball......

Comment

Calm down!!! No need for your drama about FC Dallas producing any phenomenal talent.

The post was about soccer clubs stepping up to invest in youth development, when either the national federation is doing little or nothing or doing it haphazardly, and that was something that I suggested, a few times, that Jamaican clubs should do.......I just happened to come across the article on FC Dallas, and it supported what I was talking about.

Some information for you - U.S. Soccer didn’t have a real comprehensive national coaching curriculum for the development of youth payers & their coaches until 2011, and it's a work in progress, so it's no surprise that we haven't had any "phenomenal" talent.......A few years before that, the clubs went ahead and started their own development system and are showing that there is good young talent out there, as they have youth players signed by clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Seville, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool, Villarreal & Boca Juniors, as well as two U20 players receiving pro contract offers from Juventus & Chelsea, this year…….I just hope they don’t have incompetent people like Richie Williams & Tab Ramos there to F#$& it up.
                      The “suites” at U.S. Soccer thought that Jurgen Klinsmann would be their “silver bullet”, to build a national program that would take them to the next level, BUT the clowns were obviously ignorant to the fact that Germany & Bayern Munich both have comprehensive development programs long before there was a Klinsmann and that should have never been part of his job.......Now they seem to be following the lead of clubs like Orlando, LA & Philadelphia and hiring qualified & experienced people. Its reported that they just hired AZ Alkmaar’s Sporting Director Aloys Wijnker (AZ Alkmaar received academy of the year honors in the Eredivisie) for the national youth development program.

With what the clubs are doing, their increased investment in youth development and partnerships with clubs like Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Inter Milan, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur, I think it's a good idea for Jamaican clubs to seek partnerships with MLS clubs to help with the development of their youth, coaches & trainers.
                      Last edited by USAF; November 24, 2015, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Good post, USAF!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, makes sense, I guess I was going back to my old predujice against the whole setup of US ball.

Oh to have all the money in the world and a fundamental structure, management, current organization and culture that negates real development versus to have unbelievable grassroots talent but have neither money or vision to build a holistic end to end production system with local players or imported talent.

I made a similar type post on the need for multiple vehicles to get Jamaica there much as we have in Track and field and funny thing happened I noted all the contributors to that success, traditional high school English system, Issa and local Issa leadership, snow runners route, mckenly, wint, DJ, Miller, quarry, Ottey, vcb etc, development of Gc Foster via govt resources, cast/utech development via DJ, emergence of MVP and Racers and all the latest clubs, real organic growth, a system developed over time with real institutionalization throughout and I did not even call Jaaa's name, wow! Truth of s they have also done their part in keepibg the ship pointed in tge right direction.
                          Same will be for Ja ball, the current clubs developing that same Academy type path, developing ballers for export, schools system, entities like Phoenix etc etc.

Good followup post thanks!

Comment

Everybody waiting on JFF. I said ISSA, Clubs and yes parents needs to take initiative and do things on their own. Only then we will get better quality people within the JFF. Jamaican clubs need to form partnership with MLS clubs and even some of the top Academy clubs in the US. There is a lot to learn observing how the operate.

Partnership will not involve a lot of money but trainers, some equipment and oversight of how these club operate and raise funds for the club could be good for Jamaican clubs. The US Clubs could use a few "former internationals" to boost their profiles and of course a few players. The same thing goes for some top colleges too. I know you hate that but Jamaica can benefit.

While I am not impressed with some of these so call parternships with top clubs I see here in the south, there are a few good ones. I say this and before USAF jump all over me, some of these partnerships are in name only and for selling brand Jersey to the American youth clubs, the parent clubs are not greatly involved, but there are a few good ones.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thank you.......Do you know Jamaican youth player Justin McMaster??? He's at the Philadelphia Union Academy & it's said that he was with Harbour View before that.

Comment

Working...
                              X