ManCity v Liverpool - Football 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManCity v Liverpool - Football 101

As lover of the game you shake your head when thinking on why Coutinho (Liverpool) or Alexis Sanchez (Arsenal) do not play as Coutinho did today.

Those players have greatest of technical ability. They also have the greatest of one-on-one skill level. They have top tactical awareness. Why then do they not cut out the damn foolishness of popping when it is not needed? Why do they so often disregard 'use of brain'=tactical nous and engage in over indulgence on popping?

Again, review Coutinho in that last match? Superb movement and passing! Judicious use of popping. Simply brilliant when combined with his technical ability.

...then look at Sanchez in our Gunners loss? Brilliant...just as brilliant as both himself and Coutinho can be...but look at their football in their last match? Tactically...'footballically', Coutinho was BRILLIANT while Alexis was not!

Coutinho played TEAM to outstanding degree. Great movement and tons of one & two touches...bringing his TEAMMATES into the joy swifty. Alexis good
    movement without the ball but he made sure he did not have to maximize on movement without the ball as lived on it. He denied his TEAMMATES optimum involvement. It was, 'look at me boys and fans'...who the hell cares if our TEAM can apply 'SUDDEN' and thus multiply our chances of goal and possible win...'just look at me on the ball am I not pretty'.

Aside: Will Coutinho not learn and grow or will he return to over indulgent sitting on the ball?

NB: My GUNNERS should have still won the game or at worst taken a point regardless of Alexis' less than sensible play. Hey, we have done so time and time in the past.

Finally, why do opposing managers so often praise Alexis' technical qualities after kicking our asses?

Could it be similar to our Jamaica wicketkeeper-batsman Renford "Pinnie" Pinnock's deliberate playing and missing of innocuous balls from a Barbados pace attack led by Wes Hall as "Pinnie" was seeing the ball as 'big as breadfruit' as he encouraged the Barbados skipper to keep it on as he stroked his way to a century (197 not out, I think it was?)
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Karl to single out Alexis who was one of our only 2 better

players the other been Ozil reek of...I don't know . I guess like you normally do I need to watch the game again. I must say though there were instances where I thought he could pass much quicker to a team mate; However, he and Ozil were the only one that showed up yesterday. Also please bare in mind for a guy who flew across the globe back to England why was he so resourceful and filled with energy unlike Cazorla and the other players moving at snail pace.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      As lover of the game you shake your head when thinking on why Coutinho (Liverpool) or Alexis Sanchez (Arsenal) do not play as Coutinho did today.

Those players have greatest of technical ability. They also have the greatest of one-on-one skill level. They have top tactical awareness. Why then do they not cut out the damn foolishness of popping when it is not needed? Why do they so often disregard 'use of brain'=tactical nous and engage in over indulgence on popping?

Again, review Coutinho in that last match? Superb movement and passing! Judicious use of popping. Simply brilliant when combined with his technical ability.

...then look at Sanchez in our Gunners loss? Brilliant...just as brilliant as both himself and Coutinho can be...but look at their football in their last match? Tactically...'footballically', Coutinho was BRILLIANT while Alexis was not!

Coutinho played TEAM to outstanding degree. Great movement and tons of one & two touches...bringing his TEAMMATES into the joy swifty. Alexis good
      movement without the ball but he made sure he did not have to maximize on movement without the ball as lived on it. He denied his TEAMMATES optimum involvement. It was, 'look at me boys and fans'...who the hell cares if our TEAM can apply 'SUDDEN' and thus multiply our chances of goal and possible win...'just look at me on the ball am I not pretty'.

Aside: Will Coutinho not learn and grow or will he return to over indulgent sitting on the ball?

NB: My GUNNERS should have still won the game or at worst taken a point regardless of Alexis' less than sensible play. Hey, we have done so time and time in the past.

Finally, why do opposing managers so often praise Alexis' technical qualities after kicking our asses?

Could it be similar to our Jamaica wicketkeeper-batsman Renford "Pinnie" Pinnock's deliberate playing and missing of innocuous balls from a Barbados pace attack led by Wes Hall as "Pinnie" was seeing the ball as 'big as breadfruit' as he encouraged the Barbados skipper to keep it on as he stroked his way to a century (197 not out, I think it was?)
      Karl - give my team Sanchez nuh? You don't seem too happy wid him...we wi straighten him out.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Yuh mean my coach ...hehe.Your coach would probably have him playing di Arse at left back...hehe

The Trinity !
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I know! In fact, if Karl could have sent all those NON-TEAM players for Arsenal over the years, and maybe a coach, over to Liverpool...(kiss teeth)!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Yuh mean my coach ...hehe.Your coach would probably have him playing di Arse at left back...hehe

The Trinity !
            Keep trying to fool yourself. For REAL LFC fans:

My Coach = Whoever is Managing Liverpool Football Club.

For a disgraceful wagon hopping sunshiner like you...that does not apply...ergo, you are not a real LFC fan. Hug dat up. How the 4-1 lick you? You betta go fin' u bredrin BT. LOL!!! Stick a pin - is who did sey dis: "HL/BT, me deh pon de wagon (City), I have been seduced..."?? Who??? Di 90%???? LOL!!!!! Disgrace, move an' gwey!!! You walk alone.

P.S. Who is your coach? Rafa? Oh wait, him get a buss ass today, no wonda you hop so fas' pon di Klopp ride!!! LOL!!! You are truly disgraceful. Friggin joka.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

As far as Karl is concern you can trade Mario for Sanchez. LOL!!!
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                Keep trying to fool yourself. For REAL LFC fans:

My Coach = Whoever is Managing Liverpool Football Club.

For a disgraceful wagon hopping sunshiner like you...that does not apply...ergo, you are not a real LFC fan. Hug dat up. How the 4-1 lick you? You betta go fin' u bredrin BT. LOL!!! Stick a pin - is who did sey dis: "HL/BT, me deh pon de wagon (City), I have been seduced..."?? Who??? Di 90%???? LOL!!!!! Disgrace, move an' gwey!!! You walk alone.

P.S. Who is your coach? Rafa? Oh wait, him get a buss ass today, no wonda you hop so fas' pon di Klopp ride!!! LOL!!! You are truly disgraceful. Friggin joka.

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                X