No announcement yet.

PR, Marin...et al...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My comment on full strength should have been written "full strength". I believe their bench is worth more than many starting squads, but I am not an ungracious winner.

And regarding your comment on how LFC wins are being celebrated; check the posts and see who makes divisive comments in the lead thread, and whose responses to other threads are similarly so. I write this without really checking, cause I may be among the guilty.
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
      Sturridge was available but was not used,and we know Sterling is ineligible because of developments that occured under BR's tenure,those are seemingly now convenient blanketed explanations for failure.
      The answer to your question is Klopp,and by default, his predecessor is found likely to be lacking.
      So was Klopp the reason we lost at home to Palace?
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Paul, By now you should know that X makes up sh!t on the fly, or is that the other way round?
        Peter R

Comment

Would a team that totally trashed City in an away lose a home game to Palace?
          Klopp may have chalked losing to Palace to consequence of only getting to know his players,the game against City attests to a progress...,
          Yes,at the end of the day,Klopp is blameworthy fir his team losing.as BR is for losing games when he was the manager.

Comment

Yes,at the end of the day,Klopp is blameworthy fir his team losing.as BR is for losing games when he was the manager.
            So if this is the case, are all loses the manager's fault? And all wins the manager's prowess? Was Rafa to blame when his forwards took seven strikes on Bravo and put a good portion of them practically straight to the keeper? KMT. At some point, the players have to take responsibility as well. The manager puts all the pieces together to make a win possible. The players have to take it from there. Where you can "blame" the manager is in tactical decisions, e.g. blame Rodgers for losing a game where he doesn't make appropriate substitutions e.g. bring on a defender in a 1-0 lead with 5 minutes to go...or trying to continually penetrate in a game with failing tactics, but a manager cannot be blamed for a player losing his mark, or missing an open goal, or a player slipping at midfield to gift a goal to the opposition. Y'all over-simplify a very complex concept and in so doing, build demi-gods and/or villains of managers who are only human. As HL sey, a manager gas tank fi full and grip fi pack, but that doesn't mean they are treated fairly...nor are they the reasons teams fail or prevail, they are just the easiest target to point a finger at.

And...if the statement you made is the case ("Klopp is blameworthy fir his team losing as BR is for losing games when he was the manager."), then why is it that your mentor won't give BR credit for his performance in the 2013-14 season?
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              Paul, By now you should know that X makes up sh!t on the fly, or is that the other way round?
              That's why I have fi swat him!!!! LOL!!!! (Nas'y up mi fly swatter!! )

Comment

Would a team that totally trashed City in an away lose a home game to Palace?
                Klopp may have chalked losing to Palace to consequence of only getting to know his players,the game against City attests to a progress...,
                Rock, If I become a politician, I'd like to hire you as my official spin doctor.

You are attempting to re-write the timeline of history to suit some position... How about this as a question: "Would a team that totally trashed CHELSEA in an away lose a home game to Palace?" ~ They did!

"The game against City attests to progress" ~ so did the game against Chelsea... but anyway here is my take on your comments.

I don't agree with that blanket statement highlighted. So, you're saying every loss/win is due to the manager? What about the eleven men on the field? Are they there for decoration? Generally yes, the manager takes the blame, but each match has to be assessed on its own merit. We armchair critics can point out where the manager got things wrong, BUT many a time one or two (uncharacteristic) errors by a player or players at the wrong time can undo 89 minutes of great football, and great management from the sidelines.

That's the basis of my disagreement. I like to think of wins and losses as collective effort, with the manager and players having to shoulder their part of the blame, or share in their part of the praise as the case may be.

Having said that, no doubt, some managers can take a group of players and get a lot more out of them than another manager. And no doubt, overall, this is what we're witnessing at LFC. I think that we all (LFC fans i.e.) had, and continue to have, great(er) expectations of the new coach and so far he has not disappointed. And while I would like to see him win every game from now until May as my heart is telling me, reality (my head) says that is highly unlikely.... Of the 75 points available as of now, I think that grabbing 60 of those points would be a fantastic return. Our goal should be 65!
                Last edited by Peter R; November 22, 2015, 03:27 PM.
                Peter R

Comment

Whereas even a momentary lapse in judgement is unacceptable,we have to consider two things;X merely asked if space was available..should he( really) decides to leave Pool,HL oblighed him and he did not jump on the opprtunity.
                  HL was absolutely correct in anticipating the mere mention of X would have you focusing on secondary issues sparing Crystal the ordeal of being found lacking.HL did not even get a cgance to tell us Crystal's prediction.
                  He also knew rather than focusing the spotlight on City's shortcomings,the Liverpool fans would be occupied by bickering among themselves.If only that Shankly manifesto addressed that!

I am just surprised how in the end a City degenerate is your puppeteer.
                  Nice try on re-writing history. How does "mi deh pon di wagon (city)" translate to "X merely asked if space was available.."? And as for your surprise on "how in the end a City degenerate is your puppeteer." I ask the same question, "how in the end does a City supporter become RockY's puppeteer?"

Comment

Working...
                  X