Zeppo and HL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeppo and HL!!!

Klinsmann didn’t fully embrace his plan, that he announced last year after the World Cup, to build a strong young core for the USMNT. I think he was too focused on winning those international friendlies, ranking & impressing the supporters, and it has come back to bite him in the @ss…….Do you think he will be able to seriously look at & give meaningful playing time to players like Bjørn Maars Johnsen, Juan Agudelo, Ethan Finlay, Sebastian Lletget, Alfredo Morales, Danny Williams and Perry Kitchen, before the next round of WC qualifying games???…….He needs to move on from players like Beckerman, Rimando, Alan Gordon (don’t know why he was ever called) and Wondolowski.
    Also, he needs to start putting the players in their natural position to get the best out of them – Yedlin at RB, Shea at LW, Diskerud at CM, etc. Still can’t believe that after the WC he was trying to convert Jermaine Jones, who was his best & most consistent midfielder, to center-back.

I hear that US Soccer has hired the AZ Alkmaar (Alkmaar received academy of the year honors in the Eredivisie) academy director, Aloys Wijnker, to oversee the national youth development program…….I HOPE this means that Tab Ramos will be moving on (I hear he might be hired as Chicago Fire head coach) or fired, and Richie Williams will be finally FIRED. Andreas Herzog should also join these two.

First USAF, I would not be surprised if US Soccer made you minister of recruiting and information!

Was there a kid name Green and another one who got injured during his first cap? I think the latter played in germany. Where are they in the mix.

I noticed Beasley has been recycled

But you are correct Klinsmann is not showing a consistent pattern. this is the weakest i have ever seen the US mens national team.

Klinsmann suitcase better stay packed--an i'm cyar tank full-a regular unleaded gas.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I still don't understand the "situation" with Julian Green. You would think that he would do everything in his power to make Green a success, since he fought so hard to get him & spoke so highly of him.......Some may not know, but Bobby Wood was a BIG flop, for both club & country, before he was given regular playing time with the USMNT (starting last year September), which gave his confidence a huge boost. Don't understand why he didn't do the same with other young players, who were more talented than Wood, and since he wanted to build a strong young USMNT core.

The other player is Joseph Gyau (he's at Borussia Dortmund). Klopp liked him, and in 1 week (last Fall) he made his Dortmund & USMNT debut, with good performances. Was very impressive in the US game, on the right wing, BUT tore ligaments in his knee & news from Dortmund is he's still recovering.

He called Beasley out of retirement. I think he should have left him alone.......What I wanted Klinsmann to do (last year, after the WC) was to carry players like Jermaine Jones, Clint Dempsey & Beasley, to Europe, not to play BUT to mentor the young players that I hoped he would have carried, for the friendlies.

He has done a pretty good job as TD, BUT as coach he has made some BIG blunders.......He needs to surround himself with GOOD, EXPERIENCED coaches - Herzog, Ramos & Williams aren't cutting it.......It seems he no longer runs the team into the ground before & during competition with those ridiculous 2-a-day sessions. I guess running Jones, Shea, Altidore, etc. into the ground woke him up.......He needs to find a TRUE leader to captain the USMNT. Bradley is not a motivational player - Look at the T&T game, as an example, & you'll notice that he did little to nothing, collecting the ball mostly with his back to the opponent. The only time he started looking "lively" was when Nagbe came on & started trying to push the attack.

I wish Klinsmann all the best, and hope he makes the necessary changes & adjustments to be successful.
      Last edited by USAF; November 20, 2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Ahm...is there a us football forum or hotel room somewhere that you guys can take this?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Or a garbage can?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Unuh nuh easy at all! Mi seh low de man dem... sumbaddi jus tell Schaefer fi check di site! Nuff inside infahmashan a drap!
            Peter R

Comment

Working...
            X