X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editorial: Horace Burrell Needs To Shape Up

Editorial: Horace Burrell Needs To Shape Up

Published:Saturday | November 14, 2015

Less than 24 hours before a major encounter in their campaign to qualify for the 2018 World Cup, Jamaica's senior footballers boycotted their training session and were instead locked in a meeting with local football administrators.

Horace Burrell, the president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), emerged from that meeting after 90-plus minutes refusing to answer a reporter's question about why training was cancelled and what the meeting was about. He was flippant and dismissive all at once as he gave irrelevant responses to legitimate questions which were posed to him. Instead of answering the reporter's questions, he wanted to talk about whether fans would fill out the National Stadium for last night's game.

Once again, here is an individual who has been given an awesome responsibility, but who does not understand the meaning of accountability as part of a national compliance regime. Once again, here is an individual behaving as if the Jamaica football team is his private domain. It is quite disrespectful for Burrell to feel that what happens with the national team is a private matter, and that he is not required to give an account to stakeholders, i.e., the people of Jamaica.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...GWN_Y.facebook

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Stay deh, run di Capt. and dawg nyam Ja suppa. Unnuh nuh see whey central america do yaad? Dem fine out say ah di coaching so what? Wi need fi pray say Burrrell go higher innah FIFA fi protect wi interest.

Unnuh seriously nuh undastan di politics whey ah gwaan. Di ref was giving most calls to Panama,ask unnuh self why.

Comment

Sub MoBay man Powell not capable?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Comment

This is not about being capable or being incapable. This is about Ja and the region (Caribbean) long term interest in football. You then look at the FIFA's politics and culture; the Capt. comes out the man. Voting out the Capt. would set the region back. Powell may be good locally but can he speak for the region (which translate into votes) Central America would be happy because the region would not speak with one voice , hence they could away a St.kitts here and a Cayman there. Added that we no longer have an high ranking exec.

It's as if you go into a Communist country trying to sell them capitalism and democratic vote. Our man is inside and serves our long term interest. You think it's just because Ja can play ball why they made GC final? Did you see the refereeing that came Ja's way on Friday? The US can afford to vote anybody in because when the time comes the US will extradite and make arrest Ja does not have that kind of economy nor military. Ja has to use other means (cunning)

The capt. is not using the Brasil model anymore because it takes long and bleeds the JFF. This comes about from extended camps in Brasil (just to bring players up to speed) with no replacement to the expense account.
          He now sees where he can win titles then go after that lucrative TV contract with heavy corporate endorsements close behind. Right now he's doing all kind of gymnastics to keep the lights on (as you can see from the mini strikes) promising to pay here making sure he's paying there and other stuff. He's operating on a shoe string budget and as I predicted would affect the team. Winnie could have brought an assistant but how much would it cost?

I will say it again; if the capt. pulls off his ambition and enrich the JFF you will then know the true contenders for president. Powell will shoved aside. At least the Capt. knows what's up and at the same time he must search for a mentee

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
            This is not about being capable or being incapable. This is about Ja and the region (Caribbean) long term interest in football. You then look at the FIFA's politics and culture; the Capt. comes out the man. Voting out the Capt. would set the region back. Powell may be good locally but can he speak for the region (which translate into votes) Central America would be happy because the region would not speak with one voice , hence they could away a St.kitts here and a Cayman there. Added that we no longer have an high ranking exec.

It's as if you go into a Communist country trying to sell them capitalism and democratic vote. Our man is inside and serves our long term interest. You think it's just because Ja can play ball why they made GC final? Did you see the refereeing that came Ja's way on Friday? The US can afford to vote anybody in because when the time comes the US will extradite and make arrest Ja does not have that kind of economy nor military. Ja has to use other means (cunning)

The capt. is not using the Brasil model anymore because it takes long and bleeds the JFF. This comes about from extended camps in Brasil (just to bring players up to speed) with no replacement to the expense account.
            He now sees where he can win titles then go after that lucrative TV contract with heavy corporate endorsements close behind. Right now he's doing all kind of gymnastics to keep the lights on (as you can see from the mini strikes) promising to pay here making sure he's paying there and other stuff. He's operating on a shoe string budget and as I predicted would affect the team. Winnie could have brought an assistant but how much would it cost?

I will say it again; if the capt. pulls off his ambition and enrich the JFF you will then know the true contenders for president. Powell will shoved aside. At least the Capt. knows what's up and at the same time he must search for a mentee
            Clueless

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When you get a chance, answer mi question.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

So you missed my answer? ah well

Comment

I know because Burrell getting all this money and putting it in his business. One thing I can say I don't envy the Capt. for his position because the cho.. Furthermore yaad have some wicked balla inna high school ball dat would a tun ova Panama an di capt. nuh way pick dem. Mo I would rather you be president because you and your little agenda are so transparent it's not even funny to rhatid. I guess all would be happy.

anyway I was thinking of building a team seeing that my sons are coming of age but seeing the way people think and I'm also thinking business. I don't want people start talking any shite about me. Baseball or Tennis. I will just stand to the side and watch.

Comment

Mawning Jawge.
                    This special seeding has turned out to be elusive too,and the dynamics remain the same,we are still at risk of being undone by football federations(seeking that spot) that have viable plans for developing their football programmes.

Comment

What EXACTLY has Burrel accomplished ... really accomplished for JA football? He's had close to (if not more than) twenty years to do something, and all that happens is he goes on recruiting trips overseas?

What is really happening on the ground? what about academies ? why the mini-strikes? what bout mini-stadia? what about the condition of our playing surfaces (that he himself complains about)?

I read your response and you make it sound as if he is now coming into the job, armed with with a CV of exposure to the inner workings of FIFA. FIFA's whole modus operandi will possibly be changing, so there is no guarantee that his connections (remind me in straight language what (he) they accomplished again) will bring JA any advantage.

And who says the Capt. is representing the region? IMO, you say voting him out would set the region back... how farther back can the region be set? And if he has influence now, why the biased refereeing against us NOW? while he is there? I don't understand that reasoning.

The Capt. only now seeking to enrich the JFF? Jawge, how many opportunities has he had and what are the results? other than a total lack of transparency with regards to the JFF financial activities...
                      Peter R

Comment

Below the belt,you are asking questions that make sense...hehe.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I saw your response, it was no answer.

Comment

We heard from him in the lead up beseeching us to attend in our numbers. We did and we got a substandard product and now nary a word!

Substitute 'reggae boys fans' for 'guitar'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oDs2Bkq6UU4

Comment

Why not reference Klopp,you have to give the fans reasons to stay.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                              X