LFC 1 - Rubin Kazan 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LFC 1 - Rubin Kazan 1

Now could you imagine the noise and the cussing and lambasting the empty barrel dem woulda mek if...? Anyway.

I have said this before, and I will say it again. The players have to step up. We out-shot Rubin Kazan 35-5, played against 10 men for most of the game, and had a 60-40 split on possession with "no results". The team lacked the required creativity in the final third to break down the visitors and definitely lacked the finishing touch. And while playing against 10 men more often than not presents a more difficult scoring challenge than playing against 11, the Reds had 55' to work on it.

The ignorance that abounds scoff at the suggestion that not replacing Suarez with a similarly gifted talent was a strategic mistake by the owners and former manager, but hey even the magical powers of the new manager couldn't manufacture a goal last night. But while spending big could be part of the overhaul and overall solution, the current crop of players still have to take responsibility. Coutinho, Milner, Origi, Can (who did actually score and played great), and Benteke all had chances. A 35-1 return can't be blamed on the manager, but then again, for some, it depends on who the manager is. The players have to step up. Hopefully the injury crisis that we have been hit with from the start of the season will abate and we can soon field our strongest 11.

But first, let's see what Sunday brings.
    Last edited by Paul Marin; October 23, 2015, 08:08 AM.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

One thing Paul, you need strikers and goal scorers and right now Benteke and Sturridge are out, Henderson, out. Llanna has been a disappointment.

If you have fit Sturridge and Benteke it will make all the difference. If Sturridge continue to be injured, then pool will have to cut their losses and try looking elsewhere.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      One thing Paul, you need strikers and goal scorers and right now Benteke and Sturridge are out, Henderson, out. Llanna has been a disappointment.

If you have fit Sturridge and Benteke it will make all the difference. If Sturridge continue to be injured, then pool will have to cut their losses and try looking elsewhere.
      Who is going to buy Sturridge?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We need strikers!? LOL!! Really? Tell that to the empty barrel dem. Even so, we have no goal production from our midfield, so it is actually a deeper problem. The *team* is suffering - as it has all season - from not having Sturridge in the line up consistently. And in the ONE game Sturridge and Benteke started together (against Norwich in a 1-1 tie) Ings came on for Benteke to "better" effect. The manager is going to have to make some choices, but hard to do when 2 of his 4 strikers are injured. I think Klopp's challenge is going to be: a) getting the midfielders on the score sheet and b) figuring out how to get Firmino and Benteke to work together. I have faith that the problem will be solved, but let's see what happens over the next few weeks. The writing on the wall should become a bit clearer though long term injury to Ings is a real blow.

Regardless of all the criticism or misplaced/cya optimism, the manager is in a tough spot. He has inherited a team that has been under performing, plagued with injuries, and lacking identity/onfield leadership which was bound to happen when Gerrard left. He is going to need a midfield maestro/leader/playmaker/take-no-prisoners player (which Milner and Hendo are not) and a truly world-class hitman if we are ever to challenge for the title. Reaching top 4 though, is absolutely within his grasp despite all the injuries etc. Nuff time leave. What vexes me is seeing fans leaving the grounds early on the man's home debut. Our supporters' ranks - unfortunately - have been infiltrated with pretenders, wagonists and idol-worshipers.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Paul if you have Benteke or Sturridge hitting form then it create spaces for the midfield. Without that defense can clog up the space for them. A perfect example, look at Manu last year.

The big difference now is Martial as he keep defenders busy and others can make runs and get space. Benteke and Sturridge only play one half a game as a unit. If fit put them on the field for 3 games and see the difference, it will click.

What's up with Firminho(SP)?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Paul if you have Benteke or Sturridge hitting form then it create spaces for the midfield. Without that defense can clog up the space for them. A perfect example, look at Manu last year.

The big difference now is Martial as he keep defenders busy and others can make runs and get space. Benteke and Sturridge only play one half a game as a unit. If fit put them on the field for 3 games and see the difference, it will click.

What's up with Firminho(SP)?
            The point I am making is that we are not putting the ball in the net from time with the midfield. Anyway, I hope you are right, the problem is that Sturridge is so unreliable fitness wise that I think the manager has to consider.

Comment

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...rpools-6695531

Now of course Paul, a certain poster will interpret, and he has as much admitted that his comprehension is lacking so 'low him, that by linking such a post that the poster (me) is against the coach (especially if you key in on the headline of the article).

However, once you get past the headline, designed to sell papers and draw attention, listening to the coach is instructive:
              “I knew about the problems of course, and I know it is not easy to do the right things at Liverpool in this moment, because the expectations are so big."

Best of everything to you "mein Trainer", it's a hard job that waggonists will make even more difficult for you, but true fans will keep the faith and give you time and space to do your job!
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...rpools-6695531

Now of course Paul, a certain poster will interpret, and he has as much admitted that his comprehension is lacking so 'low him, that by linking such a post that the poster (me) is against the coach (especially if you key in on the headline of the article).

However, once you get past the headline, designed to sell papers and draw attention, listening to the coach is instructive:
                “I knew about the problems of course, and I know it is not easy to do the right things at Liverpool in this moment, because the expectations are so big."

Best of everything to you "mein Trainer", it's a hard job that waggonists will make even more difficult for you, but true fans will keep the faith and give you time and space to do your job!
                Peter, Robbie Savage said basically what I said to Disgrace yesterday (see: http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...738#post538738, second paragraph). The problem with these "supporters" who are only "on the wagon" when they have their own way (own manager, etc.) is that they have no sense of loyalty or sense of history. The fact that Disgrace could have BLATANTLY jumped ship and have the balls to come and tell me "welcome" tells you everything. You don't see sey him delusional?

Be that as it may, the manager has a tough job. He does not have a natural leader on the field, has injuries, and a team suffering from an identity crisis. I have full faith in his ability to pull it off, but the players have to start taking some seriousresponsibility. How can a game with 35 attempts on goal, with only 1 goal to show for it, be the manager's fault? Yet, as Savage (imo correctly) says, were that Rodgers, they would have had his head on a stake. Lallana, Coutinho, Benteke, Origi, Milner etc. all had their chances to score, just as most of them did earlier in the season against Norwich, Everton and Arsenal - games we should have WON, not drawn! Six points dropped due to goal scoring wastefulness. Our manager's mission will be to fix that problem and we will be fine.

This week, we have Bournemouth in the League Cup before going to Stamford Bridge to face wounded Chelsea. It will be a pivotal week in the manager's early baptism to English football, we will need some luck. A win over Chelsea, and watch out, the LFC wagon ago ROCK wid a set of hoppers and idol worshippers! X ago X-out Rafa picha an' replace it with one of the Kloppmeister!!

Comment

Working...
                X