Clear All

• LFC : Now that we found love with Klopp

“Now That We’ve Found Love…”
    Free, FSG, Liverpool FC - Managers

Posted on October 22nd, 2015
    Posted by by Daniel Rhodes
    Comments
    Tags

Don't want ads ? Subscribe to remove them. Only £3.50 a month.

By Liam Blake

Resistance is futile. Jurgen Klopp would have captivated me even if he’d pitched up at the Emirates last Friday, as a year or so ago I thought he might. As many times as we’ve been round the block now, I found myself gleefully giving way nonetheless like the stern-faced judge in a Hollywood movie who chucks his gavel over his shoulder in mock despair and with a what-the-heck shrug of his shoulders joins in with the happy throng below. Seasoned hacks swooned and giggled, enrapt like the girls sitting on the front row of Indy’s archeology lecture in ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’. It’s a wonder anyone took notes. He’s irresistible, a gust of fresh air that blew through long before he was even in situ. He’d arrived before he’d arrived. But then of course we all wanted to fall in love. We needed to. He’s arrived in Act Four of FSG’s tenure like a deus ex machina and for the press, Klopp is a Godsend, a fountain of good copy. True, they have Mourinho in a strange new incarnation – backed into a corner for now but a whole new story for that – and Van Gaal who, though baffling and entertaining as ever, appears to have one eye on his much-signposted retirement. Klopp will re-energise the league, never mind Liverpool FC.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/10/now-...ve-found-love/

CHECK THE THIRD WORLD VIDEO AT THE END OF THE ARTICLE.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Sterling Ghost Speaks about Rodgers :

"I didn't have a good relationship with the coach [Brendan Rodgers]," Markovic said in the Liverpool Echo. "That was a problem.

"I played in many positions but didn't play in mine."

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2676632/l...p-with-rodgers

Another 20 million piece of art, denigrated by the great defensive coach ,looking for a 20 goal a season striker :Rodgers.
    Last edited by Sir X; October 22, 2015, 08:27 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Top ten: Where it went wrong for Rodgers
      Date published: Tuesday 6th October 2015 7:00

1) Ignoring the defence
      Rodgers invested in his defence, of that there is no doubt. Mamadou Sakho arrived for £18m, Tiago Illori for £7m, £20m on Dejan Lovren, £12m on Alberto Moreno, £12.5m on Nathaniel Clyne. Yet, and without sounding too much like him here, it’s not about the money you spend, but the time.

Rodgers’ famous quote was that “it is not difficult to coach to play defensive”, but the reality is that we never saw any evidence of that ease. Liverpool were continuously shambolic at the back throughout his reign.

Last season, Rodgers rejected the notion that Liverpool needed a defensive coach to assist him: “I wouldn’t go down that route. The bottom line is our team is based on balance and at times it’s been poor. There is a collective responsibility to defend better and that’s what we have to do. Over the last 18 months we have seen the developments of this team given coaching time. It’s really not rocket science.”

For such a supposedly simple solution, the lack of improvement in his defence ultimately cost Rodgers his job. Hint: If it isn’t rocket science, make sure you do it right.

http://www.football365.com/news/top-...ng-for-rodgers

Comment

Working...
      X