Burrell wants martyrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell wants martyrs

"Yes, the Koreans were sharp -- they have been together for a while and they were the better team, but I would have liked to have seen more effort from some of our players. Of course some tried, and although it was a makeshift team because of circumstances, I thought that players who got an opportunity to shine should have done much better.
    "I didn't see the fight, I didn't see the fire, I didn't see the determination which I would have expected to come from these players," Burrell bemoaned.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...giant_19233493

Burrell's statements are unfair. The local players can only play as good as to the level of ball that they play locally. Without an investment in the local game to raise the standard, then we will always need the Snowaz to look decent against international teams. Again and again we say the same things. Simoes gave us the plan yet Burrell and his crew refuse to utilize it and then come to the public and bawl. What is White Jeezas doing during FIFA dates? He should be working with a core group of local players. How hard is it to have these players travelling to Barbados, Trinidad, Cayman or playing some Mexican club teams? The bottom line is we might as well stop this charade about inviting local players to the international setup and just move the JFF office and operation to Birmingham.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    What is White Jeezas doing during FIFA dates? He should be working with a core group of local players.
    You meant OUTSIDE of FIFA dates, right?

The coach cannot call a camp together without the backing of the JFF.

What I do know Schafer does is watch every level of football in Jamaica, from schoolboy to business house. Whether he does it looking for talent or just because he's a big fan of the game, I dunno.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, I meant outside of FIFA dates. Going around watching the same poor levels of football means nothing. I am blaming the JFF. However, White Jeezas could demand some form ongoing camps.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

"Yes, the Koreans were sharp -- they have been together for a while and they were the better team, but I would have liked to have seen more effort from some of our players. Of course some tried, and although it was a makeshift team because of circumstances, I thought that players who got an opportunity to shine should have done much better.
        "I didn't see the fight, I didn't see the fire, I didn't see the determination which I would have expected to come from these players," Burrell bemoaned.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...giant_19233493
        The below is your response?
        Jangle?

Burrell's statements are unfair. The local players can only play as good as to the level of ball that they play locally. Without an investment in the local game to raise the standard, then we will always need the Snowaz to look decent against international teams. Again and again we say the same things. Simoes gave us the plan yet Burrell and his crew refuse to utilize it and then come to the public and bawl. What is White Jeezas doing during FIFA dates? He should be working with a core group of local players. How hard is it to have these players travelling to Barbados, Trinidad, Cayman or playing some Mexican club teams? The bottom line is we might as well stop this charade about inviting local players to the international setup and just move the JFF office and operation to Birmingham.

Let me ask: Who is responsible for your success as an independent businessman? The head of your industry or you?

There are commercial football entities in Jamaica, each Premier League Club!
        ...and those clubs have come together to create there own pooled leadership named the PLCA and another organization whose name I cannot recall at this time; those entities, that is, each individual club and they have created to ostentatiously ensure their growth are responsible for each club's growth.

The JFF is similar to CFU, CONCACAF and FIFA being our local oversight body. It facilitates as per instructions from its disparate arms - each affiliate. Ultimately the clubs and other affiliates determine JFF's actions. No sah, the quality of play within the country is more closely determined by leadership at the clubs and schools. That is where administrators and teacher-coaches need to look inward, assess and raise the game! Leadership of those individual entities - clubs and schools - are there to motivate, inspire and get results on quality graduates...specific to quality of football being played - players they graduate - they have been displaying years of failure!!! Let us look at the schools; we would not be absolving them of producing like graduates on academics. We would not be in on the nonsense of claiming it is the Ministry of Education's fault why poor graduates exit those education institutions? We would be marching in the streets and carting off the schools' teachers (our kids academic coaches) to the guillotine!!!

I am not saying the JFF does not have a part to play in educating and graduating footballers and thus raising standards of play. Unlike the Ministry of Education's oversight via independent audits, Education Officers, etc. the JFF is a composition of representatives selected by its affiliates...it is the individual club's chosen coming together to do its bidding. The actual places where the teaching-coaching is taking place must stand and take the fire for quality of its graduates or rather lack of (good) quality of its graduates. What a prekie it would be if Mills of Racers or Francis MVP or the schools stopped turning out great athlete-graduates claiming it is JAAA's fault? You my friend would eat them alive!!!
        Last edited by Karl; October 14, 2015, 10:07 AM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

When I talk about playing Caribbean team and local team, man pon yah laugh. oh well.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Righteous

But this is too sensible & logical for most to overstand
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
            X