All forumites...Xcept goat mout'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All forumites...Xcept goat mout'

...I will apologise to all of you for the irreverent and classless display of a "certain poster" who as usual has his mouth out in front of his brain predicting outcomes that a thinking man will realise are simply enhanced "possibilities" for my team. These churlish predictions are fueled by nothing more than infantile exuberance, like a child on Christmas day, devoid of any deep thought or analysis. And for the record, this turncoat does not speak for LFC, Klopp, the rest of us true reds, or anything LFC. You all recall how he abandoned the team, "seduced by City's money"...and pledged allegiance to Rafa over LFC. So, please realise real reds don't see him as a true LFC supporter...simply a pathetic sunshiner...sent by HL and BT to perpetrate "goat moutniss" on our club.

Anyway, on the matter of Rodgers being fired and Klopp being hired. In this move, LFC's owners showed that they are true opportunists. I believe they realised the opportunity to get a top manager does not come around too often, and quite frankly, they had lost patience with Rodgers. With Milan, Chelsea, Juve and others suffering poor starts to their seasons, FSG jumped on the chance to get Klopp before one of these other teams moved first. I don't wrong them, Klopp is an upgrade on Rodgers, but for the record, LFC's chances of reaching top 4 have been within the grasp of every manager we have had for 50 years whereas winning the title has not. To win the title will require much greater investment in a deeper more talented squad. But I believe that unlike past years...this will be forthcoming...not because of any magical powers by Klopp, but rather, I believe FSG will be willing to finance new player acquisition by taking on even more debt.

Currently, Liverpool has a squad value that is €150m less than City and €200m less than Chelsea. Unless we are prepared to pump serious money into the squad, Klopp will face an uphill battle if we are ever to challenge for the title. However, FSG saw what the Glazers did with borrowed money at Manu** winning 5 titles in 10 years and increasing the club's valuation to over £2B from the £800m they paid for it. So my guess is that part of their shrewdness includes tempering fan concerns about "debt" (like Manu** fans had), by getting in a name brand manager and while the fan base is distracted in its euphoria, FSG will quietly go out and pile on more debt on the club, giving Klopp a 'field leveling" infusion of cash starting in January.

With the new extensions to Anfield (meaning increased match day revenues), and the hope that Klopp will be able to attract some marquis names (meaning increased merchandising) , low interest rates, the rise of the Asian fan base, and the very realistic but challenging prospect of top 4 this year, I am sure the Anfield brass believe they can "afford" a bigger debt financing strategy.

If I am correct, then the Prem will become even more interesting except that us true reds will no doubt have to deal with the stench of fair weather fans who will resurface from the gutter in droves (as we've seen here on these very boards). The moves off the field are going to be as interesting as the moves on the field, and probably more important for any quest we may have for regaining what is rightfully ours.
    Last edited by Paul Marin; October 13, 2015, 02:30 AM.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

All I can say a top 4 finish is there for the taking this season with Chelsea looking vulnerable so it is a great time for Liverpool to seize the opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      All I can say a top 4 finish is there for the taking this season with Chelsea looking vulnerable so it is a great time for Liverpool to seize the opportunity
      Dunny - LFC has always been "in the running" for top 4, even under the most stressful days imposed on Rafa under G+H. That has never been an issue. What us old timers want is the TYKLE! The problem the club has is that we are now with our 5th manager in 5 years, that is not a statistic that screams stability and we're now in our 5th four year rebuilding plan since Houllier...each supposedly designed to deliver the title. I will bet any money that the owners will drop serious coin in January.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Your argument is very logical...........but too high-folluted for some. With all said and done, I hope it takes Klopp a good 3 years before he wins you the Fourth Place trophy.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Wha me tell yuh ,bredda ead nuh good,Sense wid nonsense, comedy to Cl@@t.

...not because of any magical powers by Klopp, but rather, I believe FSG will be willing to finance new player acquisition by taking on even more debt.

In other words .....The root cause of Liverpool's problems will remain. I have said for 1,000,000 times, that the problems Liverpool have are not related to the manager...it is to the owners' pockets.(CLAFFY,2015)

Again no one can deny that your ability to purchase top class players will reflect a good position in the league, but only a fool will put forth the theory a mediocre coach can maximise that class to achieve that position.It will more than likely be achieved by a coach of the same class of the players, you could even argue a coach with Bonafide top class will get more out of average players.

Gwaan mek Jangle geow yuh.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
            Dunny - LFC has always been "in the running" for top 4, even under the most stressful days imposed on Rafa under G+H. That has never been an issue. What us old timers want is the TYKLE! The problem the club has is that we are now with our 5th manager in 5 years, that is not a statistic that screams stability and we're now in our 5th four year rebuilding plan since Houllier...each supposedly designed to deliver the title. I will bet any money that the owners will drop serious coin in January.
            Winning the title will be difficult unless they can keep hold of their best players and even then it will be extremely hard. They also need to recruit better than they did during the Brendan Rogers era.

Comment

Wha yuh say bout di BR era ? ....claffy nuh whaa ear dat , dollars im say run dat , if FSG gi di bredda 300 million , wi reach top 4 long time and win sumting...hehe.

The root cause of Liverpool's problems will remain. I have said for 1,000,000 times, that the problems Liverpool have are not related to the manager...it is to the owners' pockets.(CLAFFY,2015)

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                Your argument is very logical...........but too high-folluted for some. With all said and done, I hope it takes Klopp a good 3 years before he wins you the Fourth Place trophy.
                Well, the FACT of the matter is that without a serious cash infusion, the probability is much lower than with one. The data is pretty clear that without it, any club's chances amount to now much more than a "Hail Mary"...City, Manu**, and Chelsea have proven that money is required. Klopp is a proven manager, not a magician. But still, we faithful will cling to the possibilities, faint as they are - shyte, we've been doing it for 25 years, what's another 4? One way or another, we're coming for our perch!

Comment

I don't think they will change. Their policy is to stock up on young players and hope that as a group they will mature. The problem is you see what happen with Sterling.

An example of this was when Rodgers ask them to get Ashley Williams which is was one of the cheapest center back and one of the best around. They told him no because he was maybe 28 at the time.

Unless they let the American Baseball mentality go where you can stock up with all young player for a season or two and let them develop. I agree they have to cut some of the overpriced players but sometimes you need some experience bodies to lead and grind it out and that is what Pool is missing now. They have some young and exciting players but need more than all another gritty experience soldier like center half.

Hopefully Klopp with take care of things but the mindset of FSG have to change.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Whats the probability of that cash infusion getting the same results under B.R or a RUCKS of that standard ?

Comment

FSG has changed , the hiring of Klopp cannot be without the ambition, heck they wanted Ancolloti (rumored) 1st and he turned them down, thats another indication of ambition- spending serious money.Big boys dont come to clubs unless they can play($) .The question you need to ask , is why the ambition to spend under Klopp but not B.R ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        Winning the title will be difficult unless they can keep hold of their best players and even then it will be extremely hard. They also need to recruit better than they did during the Brendan Rogers era.
                        Not just under Rodgers, - same story under KD, Hodgson and even Rafa. The problem Dunny is that when we sold Suarez for 75m, what did we do next? We didn't replace him with another proven striker, we went out to buy players that had "potential". We made the same mistake with Sterling's transfer fee. Under Rafa, the only player we brought in for any big money was Torres if memory serves. Macherano, Alonso, were acquired for next to nothing and Rafa built them up. We have never broken a transfer spending acquisition fee or even come close in the premiership era. My point is that the pattern is the same - we have become a selling club. That can only change with more cash pumped into buying top class players. Unless that changes, winning the title will be elusive...reaching top 4 however, has never been at issue - that is not a milestone that any of our prior managers - KD, BR, Rafa, can blame on money.

Comment

Good post!
                          Even brave and brilliant as you stick your neck out on analyzing and conclusions on actions taken and the possible way forward.

Aside: Talent abounds!
                          Hodgson's construction and transition of 'old disappointing England' into current 'young vibrant exciting growing efficient England' is a revelation.

Question: Does it also point to the possibility of putting together a fantastic squad on the cheap? ...if you have an efficient professional administrator-manager?

Worthy of note - Liverpool got rid of him quickly. England, after similar braying to that heard when he was at Liverpool, ignored the fanz and talking heads and allowed him time to build. Performances of his current squad tells a story.
                          Last edited by Karl; October 13, 2015, 09:49 AM.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I don't think that is really the question.

Look at the history. Remember when KD was in charge they spend and it was considered wasted. Liverpool had to balance out some books and if you look, the club got stable financial under Rodgers. They also set up a "baseball like committee to may sure it didn't happen again) and that manager don't go on a spree. With Klopp there will be a hybrid of some sort or tweeking of the system but the check and balances will still be in place.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Klopp runs the transfer committee without question,I dont expect Klopp to abandon his philosophy of getting more out of less ,simply because he has more money .In reality there will be a mix , that I believe Klopp will thrive on,BiG buys with proven quality and shrewd cheap buys to develop into quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X