Reggae Boyz doctor suspended from hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz doctor suspended from hospital

THE interdiction of the doctor who heads the orthopedic clinic at the St Ann's Bay Hospital in St Ann, is now being questioned, with some ascribing political motive to the board's decision to send him home.

Dr Derrick McDowell was reportedly placed on interdiction on September 17 and his pay slashed in half on allegations that he refused to treat Steer Town resident Conroy Simpson, who had broken bones in his hands and a leg after crashing his motorbike on September 8.

Some St Ann's Bay residents are questioning whether the move to suspend the doctor was politically motivated as Simpson is said to be a supporter of the governing People's National Party (PNP).

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...ended_19233171

BLACK LIVES MATTER

This is not the doctor who gave the banned meds to Jermaine Hue.

I happen to know Dr. McDowell to some degree. I know him as decent, a man of integrity.

Satan's Bay Hospital nuh know who dem fi suspend. I could help them in that regard.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wow boy we love the Queen Shakespearan English EEh

Why the writer nuh get wid the times and write simpler words..bout "Interdiction" I wonder how many readers a yard know dat word as oppose to suspension, disciplined..etc...Me INTERDiction nuh right ya now...Time feh use me diction some where else..This journalist used this word in so many instances and most of his other articles relating to the Interdicted Doctor...Mi granny wud be proud but she died in England since '85..lol
      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

that has a specific meaning within the public sector. inter alia (did you see what I just did?!!) it means you have been suspended with a reduce rate of pay for the period of the suspension

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          This is not the doctor who gave the banned meds to Jermaine Hue.

I happen to know Dr. McDowell to some degree. I know him as decent, a man of integrity.

Satan's Bay Hospital nuh know who dem fi suspend. I could help them in that regard.
          I know Dr McDowell very well...he is part of our fraternity

A fine doc for JA health services, various national teams...and also our football side for many years. Gave absolutely heroic service in Haiti post earthquake...saving dozens if not hundreds of lives with his treatment to people with crushed bones, amputations etc

A man of unimpeachable integrity. Instead of being persecuted...he should be getting the Order of Jamaica instead
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Sounds like the comrades try bad him up.

Comment

How much these pins cost? Why the hospital don't have any??

Maybe a di ministry officials should be suspended to put the doctor inna this position. Why the good doc have to be using his equipment in the public hospital???
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                Sounds like the comrades try bad him up.
                Damn Termites. Dem ah pestilence pon di land

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

'sass ... in many hospitals patients have to purchase their own plaster of paris to make a cast .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

ah father. What of the poor man....
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Saint Derrick of St Ann

Remembering Haiti - A J’can doctor recalls the horror after the shock
                      BY JANICE BUDD Associate Editor – Sunday buddj@jamaicaobserver.com

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A medical team from Jamaica, among the first group of health care professionals to set foot on Haitian soil the day after the January 12 tremor last year, earned kudos from the Government for outstanding relief work on behalf of the country.

One year later, the Sunday Observer asked the team leader to reflect on the life-changing experience.

In Haiti, many buildings were constructed essentially with just four corner posts and a slab roof, perched on top of walls without any steel reinforcements. The doctors braced themselves for horrific injuries, but according to orthopaedic surgeon Dr Derrick McDowell, the head of mission of the Medical Association of Jamaica/ Jamaica Medical Doctors Association (MAJ/JMDA) team, the sheer magnitude of victims with shattered bones stunned them.

Comment

Good yute! Kind, sociable, decent!

Low di man mek him prosper!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                        X