Lance Laing
    Errol Stevens
    Simon Dawkins
    Giles Barnes
    Deshorn Brown
    Darren Mattocks

Comment

or you could just watch Sportsmax.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Suh match play...

Now where can we watch replays? Someone had posted a site that archived matches. Please post it again?

Thanks!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

3-0 South Korea
          http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...ional-friendly

SEOUL, South Korea – South Korea spanked Jamaica 3-0 in their friendly international inside the Seoul World Cup Stadium earlier today.

Ji Dongwon gave his team a first-half lead in the 35th minute, before Captain Ki Sungyueng increased the lead from the penalty spot in the 57th minute. The visitors dug themselves further into a hole in the 63rd minute by aiding the marauding hosts to a third goal from Lee Jaesung for their well-deserved victory.

It was the third meeting between the two countries, with South Korea making it their second win to add to a 0-0 result in their second contest in May 1998. The first meeting a few days earlier had ended 2-1 in the hosts favour.

Ji Dongwon put his team ahead when he nodded home a header from a left-sided corner. Then moments later Hwang Uijo crashed a left-footed effort against the crossbar as the hosts failed to make their superior play translate into a convincing lead at the break.

Immediately upon the resumption, they could have increased their lead as Lee Jaesung was left unmarked for a clear header on goal from close range but Andre Blake was well positioned to avert the danger.

Comment

we were badly outplayed. mchael hector, the rucks was sorely missed, not to mention wes morgan.

giles barnes can do a job in the middle of the park I think.

overall, not a good performance for the boyz.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              we were badly outplayed. mchael hector, the rucks was sorely missed, not to mention wes morgan.

giles barnes can do a job in the middle of the park I think.

overall, not a good performance for the boyz.
              The reality is Jamaica have only one player in their roster who play in a top league, the rest are a bunch of ordinary players so will get outclassed when come against teams like South Korea.

Comment

wouldn't go to that extent ... I would say we didn't have enough quality players to be competitive. mattocks, barnes and mariappa are quality players.

the truth is that you do have rucks playing in the top league so that is not the benchmark. the quality of the player and performance is what counts.

Comment

thanks sir for putting it wonderfully.

A so it go, not the end of the world, hopefully it is good experience for some of the players.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    wouldn't go to that extent ... I would say we didn't have enough quality players to be competitive. mattocks, barnes and mariappa are quality players.

the truth is that you do have rucks playing in the top league so that is not the benchmark. the quality of the player and performance is what counts.
                    We can tippy toe around reality as much as we like, however the top players play for the top clubs in the top leagues it is as simple as that.

Comment

There is more to ball than playing for top clubs in top league and you know that. Greece show us that a few years ago in the Euros.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

as a general rule I agree. but before top players get signed to top clubs they were playing somewhere, nicht wahr?

in fact quite often it is games like this that brings some players to the attention of "top clubs".

Comment

Ah was hoping dat at some a di fringe playahs dem wouldah at least gi ah creditable performance.

Comment

Sass it better you cool, why are you mentioning Greece Euro winning team?
                            It was an upset yes but I am sure that team would have had players from many top clubs playing in top leagues in Europe. The equation is simple if you have ordinary players playing against top players they are going to be outclassed. Every now on then you might find a weaker team dig in and get a freak result, however 99.9% of the time the quality team will come out on top.

Comment

Brethren while it is true most times, we see it over and over again where teams prove themselves again and talent is shown on the field. Mi nah buy it that argument you just present just so at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X