Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!! Just saw the U.S. - Mexico game this

morning. Been very busy.
    I'll say it again - Klinsmann needs to step up & prove that he can COACH.......U.S. Soccer has given him waaaaaaaay more power & control over the male national program (Technical Director & Head Coach) - from U14 to USMNT, than anyone else. Everyone before him was only a head coach for the USMNT.......He has made important contributions to the growth of the national program, BUT he has yet to impress as a head coach, especially when you see that Bruce Arena & Bob Bradley achieved more at the World Cup with less power, control & resources.

I see that he has started to make changes today, that should have been started & sustained after the last World Cup.......After the WC he stated that he would concentrate of building a strong young core for the USMNT, BUT he didn't follow through, because he kept calling & using players like Wondolowski, Beckerman & Rimando, hauling Johnson, Bradley & Dempsey all over Europe, tried to convert Brek Shea to left-back & Jermaine Jones to center-back, and convincing Beasley to come out of retirement.

I just did not like the respect he showed to Mexico. It's as if he thought Mexico was the betterteam. And they played that way.

I like Beasley , Beckerman and Dempsey very much; but last night's performance should be the last we see of them.

I would not be surprised if Klinsmann gets the boot.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I don't think that team he played could have gone toe-to-toe with Mexico. If they did, I think they would have been crushed.......

Beasley has served this country WELL, from youth to senior, and Klinsmann needs to let Beasley retire in peace & concentrate on his club.......Beckerman was known for his hustle & tireless play, BUT he brings nothing special to the international game, and he now has difficulty keeping up with the young players. I think Danny Williams should have been getting those defensive mid spots, since last WC.......I would be surprised if Dempsey is still playing international soccer by the next WC (he would be 35+ by '18WC), BUT I think he can help with Aron Jóhannsson's development, who I see as his successor.

I think the control they gave to Klinsmann makes it more difficult to fire him, as they did Bradley. They pretty much gave him free reign to mold & manage the national program as he saw fit.

2 of the players I was hoping to see Klinsmann call after the WC were Eric Lichaj (LB & RB) & Sebastian Lletget (Attacking Midfielder), but he hasn't called either, even with today's changes to the squad.......I also hope that he put players in their natural position & allow them to prove themselves.

Comment

Mexico was motivated .... TRUMP!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

U.S. & Klinsmann got TRUMPED. Lucky it was only 3 - 2.

Comment

Working...
          X