Report From Chicago: Classless Mexicans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report From Chicago: Classless Mexicans

Downtown Chicago was an absolute mess. In addition to the Gold Cup final, there was a gay pride rally, and a US Navy basic training graduation ceremony. Soldier Field is located at the south end of downtown,
    on the lakeshore.

I was seated in the second deck of the south end of Soldier Field, above Sam's Army. This was the goal the USA was defending in the second half.

The scene around Soldier Field before the game was actually a very good party. Several Chicago area Latino radio stations were on hand doing live broadcasts.

Soldier Field has a capacity of 61,000. The game was sold out. About 50,000 of those fans were Mexican.

When Mexico scored its first goal just before halftime, things started to turn ugly.

The Mexican fans were throwing drinks, and one smoke bomb, into Sam's
    Army. Luckily, things started to cool down a bit at half time.

Waiting in line to the mens room, a Mexican fan asked me if the lines to the mens room was always this bad for Chicago Bears games. "No," I said
    "Bears fans **************** wherever they want."

There was an argument at the door to the mens room between some Americans and some Mexicans. They broke up without any further incident.

When USA scored its first goal, a full tilt fight broke out in the next section. There was one USA fan involved, and I saw a Mexican taking a
    swing at him with a plastic horn. Women and small children were moving up towards where I was. Stadium security couldn't contain the fight, and uniformed Chicago police were called in. They led four people away. One of the Mexicans had a nasty cut under his eye.

After the second goal, the barrage of drinks kept flying in the direction of
    Sam's Army.

After the game the usual Mexican display continued. on the field and in the stands. Outside, there was a fight between two groups of Mexicans, totalling about a dozen people. Chicago police had to use their truncheons to break them up.

I saw the mexican coach confronting the ref in a animated way after the game. The mexicans are classless.

I have been among mexican fans at several games. A standard practice is to toss beer and any liquids in the air after scoring a goal...wetting everyone around. Not fond of that practice.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I saw the mexican coach confronting the ref in a animated way after the game.
      Yuh mean Hugo Sanchez dressed in pink? Whe Bricktop deh? I thought he would be all over it that real men don't wear pink.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I have two nice pink shirts.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Bricktop would have been at the gay pride event. I checked into the two Chicago newspaper websites, the Chicago Tribune, and the Chicago Sun-Times.

The gay pride event took place in a neighborhood called Boys Town, located about halfway between downtown Chicago and Wrigley Field, about 5 miles to the northwest.

City officials estimated the attendance at 450,000, about the same as record crowd of 2005. Also, 250 entrants were registered in the parade, which included anti-gay protesters. When the protesters, began using the Bible to state their case, a band responded by playing "Jesus Loves Me".

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
            I have two nice pink shirts.
            I have never wore pink myself. I do not take my que from Bricktop anyhow. If you like pink and comfortable in them, wear then yah sah.
            Last edited by Tilla; June 25, 2007, 09:49 PM.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

well bruce if you all did not robbed the canadians you would not have been there. So thats how it goes.

Comment

Yuh notice how not a mention is made of the fans' behaviour by any news media? I certainly have not seen any. If it were Europe...wuss if a did Africa!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What a way you well informed on the ins and outs of gay events. I hope after your slanderous statement you will be able to back it up. Silly me of course yuh can "back it up"

Comment

Drinks in the air!!! Go to C'val fete or a big game in the stands. Must get wet...it's only beer and/or water....hopefully...

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                      well bruce if you all did not robbed the canadians you would not have been there. So thats how it goes.
                      We did not "robbed the canadians" (great grammar, by the way), but rather benefitted from a poor call which is typical of the refereeing in this region. Just the same we had to overcome 4 blown offsides calls that went against us in the T&T game.

Welcome to CONCACAF. Quit crying and get used to it.
                      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                        We did not "robbed the canadians" (great grammar, by the way), but rather benefitted from a poor call which is typical of the refereeing in this region. Just the same we had to overcome 4 blown offsides calls that went against us in the T&T game.

Welcome to CONCACAF. Quit crying and get used to it.
                        You are right about the T'dad game...and, as you rightly said, the US certainly benefitted from the call in the game against Canada. I agree with you - The refereeing was at times horrible.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Check your grammar. This is not English class.

Comment

Working...
                          X