• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUNNERS? This and that!

1. Where is Dunny?
    I hope he is A-OK!
    Shall call!

2. Danny Welbeck has been hurt...but there has been no mention of him for a while. Still think he has an important role to play.

3. The new Theo Walcott - see GUNNERS v BoyU - is a revelation. That new guy is an addition = to a new signing. Unlike the old lazy pretender with the fake showing for balls and easily moved off the ball and around...poor movement and worse passing absolutely no defensive effort, this new guy can play football.

5. Giroud has been challenged to raise his game! Expect he shall...hope he will!!

6. The defensive line immediately in front of the 'keeper suddenly does not look so frail. Yes, there is still a worry that opposition TEAMs will wise up to engaging Mertesacker on pace and there is worry our new center-back is not coming along as fast as he should but it is obvious...plain as day, that he is growing in stature.

7. Then there is the perceptible fall off in quality by Coquelin as he increases time spent on the ball. No longer is he content to disrupt and pass quickly, he has added 'spins and other dance steps' that reduces his quality. Hopefully he reverts to his top quality play before our GUNNERS get 'hurt' in matches.

...and of course, we have no other like player with his earlier quality or just a tad below his previous top notch master pieces of play.

8. If you saw that first 20 or so minutes v BoyU, the frustration would be; why cannot our GUNNERS produce such form over an entire game - In that BoyU match our game fell away tremendously after those early 20 minutes. That resulted in our goal being under siege at times. - and through a sustained period during a season?

Hey we need those 20 minutes type play over the next 20 matches at least! Would get us back into the Champions League and the EPL! I am ing. Please with me that that 20 minute display becomes our trademark manner of 'doing business'!!!

9. Finally, Mesul Ozil?
    When the game flows he is brilliant. When his TEAMmates muck about it destroys his game! He is a trifty user of the bruk who much prefers the one-time pass and always for players (all so-so to good through to brilliant players) the much more efficient and quality TEAM play quick passing that 'drags' such players into perpetual movement!!! He needs his TEAMmates and our GUNNERS need his TEAMmates to not dwell on the ball...but to make the early passes and thus hit the opponent with SUDDEN! i.e. no time to set up on or organize defense!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Not a word about "the selfish ones" Alexis and Walcott???
    How can you mention Arsenal without their names?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

item 3 he mentions Walcott.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

ok sorry. "the new Walcott". LOL!!!
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

is really the old Walcott baptised by karl.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

In the name of the "father......." LOL!!!!

What happen when him backslide or get injured and miss a few games??? LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Not a word about "the selfish ones" Alexis and Walcott???
              How can you mention Arsenal without their names?
              The new Walcott was not selfish! ...or rather he was selfish for TEAM!!!!
              Alexis not as good as Walcott on time spent on the ball - (Put in some unnecessary bruks but the emphasis was on there being few of those. That was much better than his past. ...so that moving in the right direction was great.) - but he was also very good.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                is really the old Walcott baptised by karl.
                So Gamma, let me ask you: Do you think Walcott played/performed as he has done in the past?

Comment

Anytime Walcott play for extended time, this is how he plays.
                  The biggest problem with Walcott is injury. Another injury and it takes him a few months to get back on track.

Comment

Thank you! This is an extended period of being healthy for him and so the confidence is coming back.. Same with Ramsay .... Eduardo never fully recovered his confidence...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      Anytime Walcott play for extended time, this is how he plays.
                      The biggest problem with Walcott is injury. Another injury and it takes him a few months to get back on track.
                      You need to go back and watch Walcott's games. In a few he scores some goals and sometimes his TEAM wins...but he most often does nothing but hang around doing nothing but looking out for balls to run on to.

Where have you seen him in the past challenging for every ball within reach, putting in non-stop good support movement for offensive and defensive support inclusive of actually attacking all high balls at reachable heading height, passing so often when previously he would try to pop in futile attempt to get off his own shot or taking shots any dummy could see had 99% to 100% possibility of failure...etc., etc. and on and on putting on display lack of commonse....???

You see that as equivalent to that display against BoyU? Well...?!

Comment

So you are saying he has never had sustained injury free periods equivalent to this?

And if you concede that he has had many...Yes, manny...such has he ever played that total game performance even once for Arsenal or England? Please point me to that match as I must have missed it. I would actually find it and post it or 'die trying' to find it.

Comment

nope karl not many ... check out his best period and it will coincide with when he was injury free AND starting

a player who gets injured a lot is going to be very hesitant to launch himself into the kinda tackle that Walcott made on sunday, its just human nature, especially if such a player is not a defensive mid or a defender.

Comment

He had once a few years ago and he was scoring and playing like he is doing now.

Anytime he completes a season he is deadly.

Comment

As I said check the seasons when he is not out for long periods due to injury and look at his production.

Comment

Working...
                              X