Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoni, look at the state of Carder Park

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

What are they throwing behind the goal, seems like a strange accumulation of stuff. Hey look on the bright side, it still have mowable grass!!

Comment

Bwoy Gamma have a point to rhatid. It is sad to see this one good field which was not hard to maintain as it has a river running next door, in the heart of Portland where it rains almost every two days and it had a fence where people could be charged for a game.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Bwoy Gamma have a point to rhatid. It is sad to see this one good field which was not hard to maintain as it has a river running next door, in the heart of Portland where it rains almost every two days and it had a fence where people could be charged for a game.
        That's a real shame! Only if it was overused should it have ever fallen into such a state.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Meanwhile, Mayor of Port Antonio Councillor Wayne McKenzie said Carder Park, which has been out of operation for sometime, will now be managed by the Portland Parish Council and will soon be ready to host the DaCosta School Boy season among other events.
          A board, he said, will soon be in place and will include a representative from the Portland Football Association.
          " I want Carder Park to be a top class facility with the best football surface," he said. "We will be in discussion with the Cuban Ambassador to get the facility developed to a mini stadium making it a primer facility to host international events. We are looking forward to get the facility at a level where we can be engaged in sports tourism."
          However, former president of Portland Football Association and General Secretary of the Jamaica Football Federation Raymond Grant said he was tired of these empty promises. "The opening of the daCosta cup season cannot start at Carder Park because the facility is not ready," he said.
          According to Grant, the development of Carder Park has been an ongoing promise made by politicians.
          " For the last ten years these members of the Portland Football Association have been sitting here hearing that Carder Park will be developed, it will be developed this year. Every year we have been hearing that for the last ten years."
          I have a responsibility for the parish of Portland and I have to seek for the best. When I go elsewhere and ask for the development for example what is happening at Lynch Park it did not take me six months for me to get the commitment of the Member of Parliament (Daryl Vaz) to ensure what is happening there at Lynch Park," he said.
          Grant called on the leadership, and the membership of the political directorship of the Port Antonio area and East Portland to ensure that the promise is kept this time around.
          "This is the last we will hear about Carder Park as the Portland Football Association will not sit down and take another commitment come next year" he said.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...hamps_19230543

Comment

When I was president of the Titchfield Past Students Football Association we embarked on a project to upgrade the field, install lighting and a stands at Carder Park. In my meeting with the then park manager about our plans he made it quite clear to me that him a politician and him have to get political mileage from this deal. I made it clear to him that this is about youth and football and nothing else- the results are quite clearly depicted in the picture!
            This struggle is real on many different levels
            Blessed Love

Comment

What's the park manager's name?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If it is overused, it is because it is not managed.

Comment

Working...
                X