No announcement yet.

Academies, college soccer and a new path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He made a claim that they were "trying to take college out of the mix".........I asked him who was doing this, but didn't get a response that made much sense.........I then pointed out that only U.S. Soccer & MLS have the power to do something like that, so could he present proof to support his claim.........To my surprise , he informed me that I was one of those "trying to take college out of the mix", I guess because I have stated numerous times that I didn't want any of the U.S. top youth players going into the college system.

Comment

Since you want the JFF to focus on & invest in youth development, I guess that means you are "trying to take foreign born players out of the mix".........LOL

Comment

LOL....I am not surprised.You guys are kinda slow to the characters on this site,pun intended. I have read them for awhile,hilarious,whats funny is some of us cant see the humor in it ,maybe its my profession or life experiences but you have to asses individuals -the first thing you run into is a personality- Asses in a sec to protect your life,theirs and people around you.The personalities range from anal,uppity ,disingenous, thin skinned,righteouss, blunt,direct,serious,humorus to sarcastic.

Perception is a hell of a thing , better yet comprehension, put that together and .....lol

Where would I put myself I would say blunt,direct and sarcastic, cant say I am humorus , others might think otherwise.....enjoy the best site in the world, I gave up on Sass (Johnny ) years ago...bwaay gi mi nausea and headache.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
          Since you want the JFF to focus on & invest in youth development, I guess that means you are "trying to take foreign born players out of the mix".........LOL
          That's what I hear from Karl & Stoni all the time....even though I've stated the opposite.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            , I gave up on Sass (Johnny ) years ago...bwaay gi mi nausea and headache.
            Mi spleen!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Yes it nuh mek sense because unnu want people to buy inna unnu foolishness that unnu spew. If you read carefully you would see the "they" included you and your ranting of the past.

The fact is COLLEGE SOCCER WILL BE AROUND FOR A LONG TIME AND WILL BE A PART OF ANY DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR US SOCCER SO YOUR RANTING ON COLLEGE WAS FOOLISH AND WASN'T WORTH IT.

It is not the fact that you are not a fan, it is what you said that in the past, let us hope you don't repeat this kind of ranting, people will believe a true. LOL

You're sleeping!!! That's why you're stuck in the
              past.......Go sell that college soccer development system to ISSA or whoever you want, but the
              U.S. is moving on to REAL development.

PLAYERS LIKE THIS IS WHAT WE WANT - SI.com broke an intriguing report claiming
              that Sporting Kansas City recently turned down a $1 million offer from Italian
              powerhouse Juventus for promising defender Erik Palmer-Brown, a 16-year-old US
              youth international who became KC's youngest-ever signing when he inked a
              Homegrown Player deal last year.

6/4/14 NY Times Magazine: “He
              (Klinsmann) believes the N.C.A.A. is killing the talent pool in the United
              States because teenage stars go to college and miss out on formative years of
              training with professional teams.”

7/20/14 Boston Globe: "In the
              future, Tab Ramos said that college soccer
              will not be part of the development equation.
              By replacing high school schedules with a 10-months-a-year commitment to an
              academy club, the leaders of US youth development
              aim to ensure more training time with top-level coaches. A schedule with four
              practice sessions per week and one game per weekend mimics the routine followed
              by many youth development clubs in Europe."
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yeah, It is a hell of a thing when people actual post their opinion and nuh follow unnu foolishness. Independence is a good thing, not a bad thing, especially your argument is an opinion and not a fact.

No loudmouth shouting will get to me see otherwise unless it is covered in facts. I will never be disrespectful but will stand for what I believe until there is facts to prove otherwise. If you can't live with difference of opinion so be it, you don't have to post below mine. A so the thing set.
                Last edited by Assasin; September 20, 2015, 11:25 PM.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

another of your grand statement

NOOOOOOO!!! Already aware of the PDL, & I'm
                  not interested in it.
                  Explain how the PDL will work, or be necessary, when
                  college soccer is removed from the U.S. development system???
                  Move on
                  Assasin!!! Things & times are changing.
                  Years ago, as a young man, I
                  remember s supervisor telling a lower-level manager that operational changes
                  will be implemented, so either you LEAD, FOLLOW or GET THE HELL OUT THE
                  WAY.
                  "Isn't this removing soccer from the mix?"
                  The more you talk, the more it shows, At some point it is ok to backtrack, mi know it takes a bigman to do that but it is so obvious. It is not that serious. LOL

Comment

The FACT IS the only opinions on this site,sited as a fact is yours.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

PLEASE explain how my not liking the college system, and saying so, means I'm "trying to take college out of the mix".

When YOU said that Tappa failed as the U20 coach (preparation & coaching), were YOU expressing your disappointment in the job he did OR were you trying to take Tappa out of the mix (removing him from the national coaching staff???

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                        PLEASE explain how my not liking the college system, and saying so, means I'm "trying to take college out of the mix".

When YOU said that Tappa failed as the U20 coach (preparation & coaching), were YOU expressing your disappointment in the job he did OR were you trying to take Tappa out of the mix (removing him from the national coaching staff???
                        Woooiiiee wat a Mix Up

Comment

LOL......I'm soooooooo happy that LESS of the TOP U.S. youth players are going into the college system.......See if you can fill those vacated spots with your TOP Jamaican youth players, and good luck with that.

Comment

I comment on Tappa teams that he coached at the time. You never see me campaigning for him personally. If tomorrow Tappa team start playing ball, I will not be afraid to say WELL DONE Tappa.

I don't even know how that come into this but that was my position on that.

Comment

Working...
                            X