Empire soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire soldiers

let's talk. Firstly, I don't feel so bad after today's CL results. The time drawing nigh for LVG before I start to get on his case. I gave him the benefit of the doubt all of last season as he achieved the goal set for him, which was to get us back into the CL. However, after one full year and a full pre-season, and an open checkbook, I am not pleased with how he has the team playing. The Empire has stopped playing attractive attacking football. His "philosophy" is holding back the team. This philosophy of midfielders or certain players not going past the wingers is stifling our play. We have become so predictable and easy to play against us. The problem is on the right hand side of the team. The coach has Mata playing on the right side as a false winger. Mata comes inside which contracts the play and he's not being overlapped by Darmian to offer width and an outlet like when Valencia plays RB. However, hands down Darmian is a more solid defender and stabilize the back. We don't cross balls into the 18 because the coach wants the players to play the ball on the ground. The problem with that is we are plodding because he stresses so much on keeping possession, therefore the creative players hold the ball 10 seconds longer rather than playing to their instincts. I saw a play when Smalling had the ball dribbling from out of the back and the entire middle opened up for him to run with the ball all the way up to the opponent's 18 yard box and he stopped halfway and turned back the ball when he realized he was so far upfield. I am starting to think that Giggs would have this team playing the Manchester way in a minute. I see Giggs just nodding his head to LVG on bench, but you can see him saying, "Yes MOFO, I can't wait until you're gone".

LVG must win a trophy this season or else he would be a total failure.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    let's talk. Firstly, I don't feel so bad after today's CL results. The time drawing nigh for LVG before I start to get on his case. I gave him the benefit of the doubt all of last season as he achieved the goal set for him, which was to get us back into the CL. However, after one full year and a full pre-season, and an open checkbook, I am not pleased with how he has the team playing. The Empire has stopped playing attractive attacking football. His "philosophy" is holding back the team. This philosophy of midfielders or certain players not going past the wingers is stifling our play. We have become so predictable and easy to play against us. The problem is on the right hand side of the team. The coach has Mata playing on the right side as a false winger. Mata comes inside which contracts the play and he's not being overlapped by Darmian to offer width and an outlet like when Valencia plays RB. However, hands down Darmian is a more solid defender and stabilize the back. We don't cross balls into the 18 because the coach wants the players to play the ball on the ground. The problem with that is we are plodding because he stresses so much on keeping possession, therefore the creative players hold the ball 10 seconds longer rather than playing to their instincts. I saw a play when Smalling had the ball dribbling from out of the back and the entire middle opened up for him to run with the ball all the way up to the opponent's 18 yard box and he stopped halfway and turned back the ball when he realized he was so far upfield. I am starting to think that Giggs would have this team playing the Manchester way in a minute. I see Giggs just nodding his head to LVG on bench, but you can see him saying, "Yes MOFO, I can't wait until you're gone".

LVG must win a trophy this season or else he would be a total failure.
    I don't blame Lvg for yesterday's result. The team got more than enough chances to win but the players squandered the chances. Cannot blame LvG for that. What I blame him for is getting rid of all the forwards and didn't bring in an experienced one. Why is Benteke at
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yuh rate Bentke...lol
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Chi Chi man score today. I don't see why LVG got rid of him and James Wilson have a lot of speed to done some side and open up the game.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
          Yuh rate Bentke...lol
          The man has proven himself a goal scorer. Don't hate because you're now saying Citeh.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Chi Chi man score today. I don't see why LVG got rid of him and James Wilson have a lot of speed to done some side and open up the game.
            Don't understand it myself.

Comment

Make a bid 30 mil plus a dollar,dat average nuh .....

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Mr. President, the coach must be blamed because if we had won, he would have gotten the credit. He made a huge blunder by moving Blind to LB after Shaw's injury. Why would you change the backline when Blind and Smalling has been playing well since the start of the season? The combination of Blind's lack of speed, Blind not playing his role and being caught in two minds and Rojo's poor positioning led to the second goal. I have no problems with the players that he let go. Of the lot, Di Maria was the only one who would be considered world class based on current form. I would have kept the Little Pea....if he was willing to play his role as a super-sub. He is not good enough to lead our line. Benteke is not world class, but with the quality of our midfield and if we played to his strengths, he would have scored about 15 goals for us. World class strikers are already embedded in their clubs and they nor their clubs will let them leave. Martial looked like a player being tethered. As a matter of fact, so do all the players. Now, none of our midfielders are willing to take a shot from midfield. Schweinstieger (sp) has a very good record of scoring goals from midfield.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

If fit Benteke will score 20 goals this year. Watch the ride. I don't know about world class but he will score goals and hold up the ball. How much did World class Falco, DiMaria and Van Persie give Manu last year?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Has he ever scored that much in the Prem?

Comment

I do not know if Benteje is a top of the world striker but I do know two things:his most recent goal was top of the world,and more importantly,it was the first time I seen him do anything of that magnitude.
                      Anyway,I value the opinions of proven great former players(Cantona,van Nestleroy etc),,maybe Ruud is making a lot of sense in suggesting Rooney should be the trailer with Martial in front.Rooney has proven he can multi task and pretty much can score from a considerable distance,the downside is we can use Martial's explosiveness outside the box.
                      Would love to see Rooney and the German figuring in dead ball situations.

Comment

He is pretty much 1 every other game throughout his career.
                        http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=56519

Injury is the reason he hasn't got 20 every season.

I know he scored 19 goals in one season for Villa but all you need to see is
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IW2rNI2LjI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO_VxfOkkPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEr9zZaFmM4

Comment

I would not read too much into Blind missing a step or two after being asked on the field to switch positions ,he has played that position on several occasions and gave a very good account of himself.If we are willing to trust LvG's judgement(his belief that Blind somehow can walk into Man U,converting to a defender and be worthy of being top of the pecking order) then we should use Young at left back.

Comment

Working...
                          X