Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say what you want about Brendan Rodgers,

he isn't afraid to out his foot down.

Gerrard was unimpressed with the way Balotelli, who has scored four goals in 28 appearances for Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool, conducted himself in training.
    The LA Galaxy midfielder said: "He made an immediate impression when we were doing work on our defensive set pieces and Balotelli said to Brendan: 'I don't mark on corners. I can't.'
    "I nearly fell into the goalpost. I was thinking, 'What are you? 6-foot-3, and one of the strongest men I've ever seen on a football pitch? And you can't mark on a corner?'
    "Brendan was very firm. He said to Balotelli: 'Well, you can now -- and if you can't then you're going to learn.'

"That was the first conflict between Brendan and Balotelli, on day one, but the manager stood up to Mario really well. From that point, Balotelli started marking on corners."

http://www.espnfc.us/liverpool/story...steven-gerrard
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

...i remember too the Liverpool documentary where he put Stirling in his place....
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

"People" said Rodgers dissed Sterling... I didn't see the show BTW, but I know there is "dis"ciplining and "dis"respecting... not sure which one they meant!
      Peter R

Comment

Peta yuh said it, its a show, the fool was trying to look like he was in control - egomaniac, it flopped big time the show was a disaster , even the fool said he wished it didnt happen.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well if he is successful at imposing his on hus players to follow his instructions then it must be those instructions that are suspect.
          Playing players out of position,fielding a lone striker etc.

Comment

LOL!!!! How many people said that??/
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

any manager who is not in control of his squad ... well... it won't end well. to be a successful manager you MUST be an egomaniac! are you telling me rafa is not an egomaniac? are you telling me rafa does not want to be in control of his squad?

name me one successful "laissez faire" coach!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Seperate the issues , being in control of your squad gives you little time to be delusional about ones greatness and feeling of a lack of appreciation.You cant say Rafa had a Mourinho complex about his greatness, confidence yes ! you cant say Fergie or Mourinho felt a lack of appreciation at Man U or Chelsea - Mourinho the latter every where he went except Real . Rafa sure as hell justifiayble did after working within a restrictive (net spend) Hell not even the youth coach could breathe in that enviroment.

There is a reason Rafa stayed away from Real , so long , he felt he wasnt ready.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

LOL!!! What happen with Beckham get the boot inna him rhatid???
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh ave sense yute ! di man mek a point that managers must be egomaniacs to control a dressing room,requiring discipline is a foundation of any managerial structure , football is no exception, being an egomaniac isnt a criteria to install that structure.

Comment

Answer mi question nuh.

You nuh think Fergie felt that Becks was not listening to him and didn't have his full attention?

Much the same Rodgers felt about Sterling?? Read what Roy Keanne said about Fergie.

Comment

I did ! seperate discipline from being an ego maniac,Fergie dealt with his players behind closed doors, this bredda knew the cameras were on , thats just one incident , he goes on to toast his self , saying he sees himself managing in spain- suddenly PR pieces come up linking this nut to Real and Barca.
                        Last edited by Sir X; September 18, 2015, 10:44 AM.

Comment

what DRIVES a manager if not ego?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

According to Freud we are all born with it , doesnt make you a maniac ..lol

Comment

so tell me a successful coach that is not an egomaniac...

Comment

Working...
                              X