Now that you've kicked Nicaragua to the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that you've kicked Nicaragua to the

curb, Winnie & his staff need to start preparing for the next phase of qualifying & beyond.

JOB #1 - Strengthen your player pool.......World Cup qualification is an "endurance event", not a sprint......Use practice games to build a strong & deep pool.

JOB #2 - Make sure the players are MENTALLY prepared to effectively & efficiently execute the game plan, every time they step on the field......It's a TEAM sport & it's important that they play as a cohesive unit.

JOB #3 - Win ALL HOME games.......Opponents will do ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to disrupt you & defeat you, especially in your away games.

JOB #4 - Keep the damn ball on the ground & use the midfield

Comment

true dat. I notice in the first game when down two nil, the local ballers put two many touches on the ball, when the ball was needed quickly up top. I know it's our culture to control move a little, then turn our bodies to pass. No! defence is already adjusted and seconds are lost, just one pass to central, central without thinking one pass to wing, wing swings it up top.

Amateur ball is killing Ja. When will we have an academy. If it wasn't for these snow ballas Ja wouldn't stand a chance in this thing.

Comment

that astro turf thing was shite ... I am sure that had a lot to do with it. the nicaraguans definitely had a hometurf advantage.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

what midfeel? Willamson feeling his way, the right winger was missing all night and Demar wasn't up to the central attacking mid. There was at least 2 times that Mattocks and Brown held up the ball and looking for a midfielder to play it to and none even came forward. Watson had a decent game.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            that astro turf thing was shite ... I am sure that had a lot to do with it. the nicaraguans definitely had a hometurf advantage.
            Totally agree. Anyone who has played on that surface will tell you that playing one game on it is no where near enough to adjust. There is no way we could be expecting them to pass/move through the midfield on such an unforgiving surface, one touch of the ball to the uninitiated is like putting a rocket under its ass.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

we complain about fields being too bumpy to play the ball on the ground...why the hell you gonna keep blasting the ball downfield on a smooth surface?

Comment

#5 Make all players learn the words of the anthem. The opportunity of playing for Jamaica will be reinforced.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Good chat!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X