JFF needs a serious overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    ...for all that I do not think the coach has it in him to dispense commonsense.

I blame his players for playing like phartz in this second match. Why? We know they have been coached to put the ball on the ground and pass and move around like unrelenting untiring souls. As recent as the first leg we saw them do that.
    We all know they have been taught to retain shape, play TEAM and be tight...hard to breakdown. We saw that in the recent Copa America and the Gold Cup. Yup! We know the coach has taught.

...this foolishness displayed in these matches against Nicaragua point to...must be laid at the feet of the players.

A suh mi seit!
    Typical crap!

Karl, you have absolutely no idea, ZERO IDEA, what was the plan going in! For you to blame the players...I guess he really does look like Jezas to you, huh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Gamma makes a good point.

The Georgia dome is "Field turf" which is reputed to be "safer" that grass as it is more even and consistent.

Watching the game tonight the field appeared to be something older similar to astro turf which is absolute garbage. Many players are uncomfortable playing on crap turf fields.

http://www.fieldturf.com/en/fieldtur...r-testimonials

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/turf-wa...turf-1.1949145

Having played on all of these surfaces I can guarantee you that the bad turf is something that doctors recommend avoiding.

Comment

It might be in his contract. If Neymar or Messi said they were not playing on turf would you kill dem. So you know they do thats why you see grass covering some turf. Now looking at that Turf tonight I am surprise Fifa sanction that . The bounce is not true, the ball sticks and its more like the old stuff. Ugly win but we will take it..

Comment

they must can find a grass field in a warm country. If they had the money to put sod they would not be playing on turf.

Comment

Wait a minute Tactical tonight the long ball and route one came from the coach.

Comment

It pretty much is Mo. There is a new turf at the club i work with and its hard to tell its not grass until you get close. Also played on some in Indiana at the crossroads and the only difference was that turf and the rubber granules really gets hot and is hotter than grass , but the bounce and the run of the ball is almost as good at least i could not find any issue. They are some good turf but i know that some players has it in their contract or if they are insured that they don't play or train on turf. I remember when Obrien White came out of Ucon one of the issues i had with him coming off a bad knee was coming to Toronto who at the time was playing on turf.. it did not help him.. I think any warm weather country should have a good national stadium with grass. if you can't afford to water it you should not be playing in the competition. I can understand gold countries who need to stretch the season out but costa Rica and Nicaragua need to fix this.

Comment

on a football note.. I hope i have seen the last of Chris humphries.. What is the status of Wes Morgan is he more tired thant anyone else. Demar maybe you can give us a break too.

Comment

Depth. 5 starters out. Btw what you all thought of Williamson?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
                    Well....thanks JFF and the politics behind our football.....after reading that Giles Barnes pulled himself out of not only a must win game but one that must be won by 2 clear goals to ensure qualification....and after reading why he did that because Nicaragua played on turf. It only took a little knowledge on common sense to recognize that Jamaica World Cup hopes are doomed unless there is a serious overhaul assuming that we take care of business.

Giles Barnes recent fame was acquired after his performance in one game against the US...which was played at the Georgia Dome on field turf. Why wasn't he concerned about his knees and ligaments then?????? Oh but just like Alvas Powell if Jamaica qualify we a go run behind him to come back and play right??? COMPLETE F****Y and all who want say me a badmind the youth so be it. Any other serious football nation with aspirations of qualifying would have dash way Barnes instantly and Alvas wouldn't be back this quickly....worst he didn't play exceptionally well Friday...but hey that's why Jamaica is where they are....Mattocks and Seaton should start...Alvas should learn humility and the fact Barnes pull out at this crucial juncture should see him in international purgatory.....AGAIN RUBBISH!!!!!!
                    My understanding is that Barnes does not play on turf for club or country. Alvas Powell abandoning the team because he did not get a game and Barnes declining a call up for safety reasons are not on the same page.
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

seemed injured but hard to tell on that turf. you could see he has quality but we bypass the middle so can't really comment on how he is in a fluid setup.

Comment

Working...
                      X