JFF needs a serious overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF needs a serious overhaul

Well....thanks JFF and the politics behind our football.....after reading that Giles Barnes pulled himself out of not only a must win game but one that must be won by 2 clear goals to ensure qualification....and after reading why he did that because Nicaragua played on turf. It only took a little knowledge on common sense to recognize that Jamaica World Cup hopes are doomed unless there is a serious overhaul assuming that we take care of business.

Giles Barnes recent fame was acquired after his performance in one game against the US...which was played at the Georgia Dome on field turf. Why wasn't he concerned about his knees and ligaments then?????? Oh but just like Alvas Powell if Jamaica qualify we a go run behind him to come back and play right??? COMPLETE F****Y and all who want say me a badmind the youth so be it. Any other serious football nation with aspirations of qualifying would have dash way Barnes instantly and Alvas wouldn't be back this quickly....worst he didn't play exceptionally well Friday...but hey that's why Jamaica is where they are....Mattocks and Seaton should start...Alvas should learn humility and the fact Barnes pull out at this crucial juncture should see him in international purgatory.....AGAIN RUBBISH!!!!!!

Talk di tings yes!

Doesn't Giles play in the MLS? At least 5 fields in the MLS are artificial. Is he excused from playing on those surfaces?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Did it make a difference that the field was covered with grass in the Dome??

I don't know, just asking.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

turf is like concrete....putting grass on it makes no difference...hard ground is hard ground....we can make the argument that turf without grass is better because you can wear turf shoes instead of regular studs which is like running on a track

Comment

not all turf are equal. the old stuff is terrible! and very different from the more recently developed ones.

i would not dismiss barnes concern just like that at all as he may very well have a legitimate beef.

what amazes me is who quick we turn on people who have produced, meanwhile the same tired politician dem who have us in this mire continue to be rewarded for their (place a word that is worse than "mediocre").

as good as we were in the gold cup, and we were very good, we're gonna crucify the team for one game when on another day, the score could easily have been 5 05 6 goals to 3.

same way people were ready to throw bolt under a bus, same way people a fling donkey man under a bus ... dang!

if we get knocked out tonight (and we will not get knocked out tonight) that does not mean that everything that has happened did not happen, i.e. the quality of football that we displayed. it is something to build on and yes i would place blame on the coach but it would be counter intuitive to sack him and then start all over again given the overall results we have obtained.

the mistake the coach made was a lack of preparation, something that he has done all along. he did not have a strategy and this manifested itself in the way the players played. who were their danger players, where were they weakest etc. this is something he usually knows but did not at this time. Nicaragua knew more about us, then we know about them.

as for me and my house a support mi seh!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Could it also be advise from his doctor?? I would think putting the grass on the turf makes it better but I would love to hear from the experts in this area.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Gamma

Agree with all what you have said , except we will not get knocked out, I think today Mattocks will grow up to be a man, 2nd Jamaican to score on central american soil behind Onandi.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Gunshot!
                Nice too how you draw attention to the sore thumb (de politicians)..

Comment

i don't expect us to be knocked out.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sorry , I pulled a Johhny on you , I misinterpreted your post.So I agree with the full hundred.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

that is a usual thing for you so you get man a calabar grad and ganja advocate when him nuh know Red Hill road and may not even know what spliff look like. LOL!!!!

Comment

not true...the modern turf is exactly like playing ion a top level grass field...

Comment

And how do you know this, Bricktop?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...for all that I do not think the coach has it in him to dispense commonsense.

I blame his players for playing like phartz in this second match. Why? We know they have been coached to put the ball on the ground and pass and move around like unrelenting untiring souls. As recent as the first leg we saw them do that.
                            We all know they have been taught to retain shape, play TEAM and be tight...hard to breakdown. We saw that in the recent Copa America and the Gold Cup. Yup! We know the coach has taught.

...this foolishness displayed in these matches against Nicaragua point to...must be laid at the feet of the players.

A suh mi seit!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              ...for all that I do not think the coach has it in him to dispense commonsense.

I blame his players for playing like phartz in this second match. Why? We know they have been coached to put the ball on the ground and pass and move around like unrelenting untiring souls. As recent as the first leg we saw them do that.
                              We all know they have been taught to retain shape, play TEAM and be tight...hard to breakdown. We saw that in the recent Copa America and the Gold Cup. Yup! We know the coach has taught.

...this foolishness displayed in these matches against Nicaragua point to...must be laid at the feet of the players.

A suh mi seit!
                              Yup, agreed!!

Comment

Working...
                              X