This is why you dont go combat with deserters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why you dont go combat with deserters

How can anyone not see that the team chemistry and commitment to country is the main differentiator for international football? Accepting the deserter Alvas Powell back into the training ranks, and then starting him was bound to be cause failure, sending a message to other teammates that you don't have to commit to country to get a game, you can desert, especially when the team needed you most, with 4 players unavailable due 2 suspensions and 2 injuries going into the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Championship?

I understand that with Taylor and Brown not available that's our center pairing right there, then Marriappa who was doing great on the right had to be brought back into central defence, leaving the a decision as to who will play right back. Are you telling me that Powell was the only one available?

I can just imagine the effect this decision had on the players, especially after they went on without Powell to almost being CONCACAF champions.

And it was Alvas Powell's poor play that led to the second goal. He went forward and lost the ball in the midfield with a really poor pass straight to a Nicaragua defender, and Nicaragua counter attacked to score. The cross that led to the handball and penalty also came from Powell's area of responsibility. Including Powell caused Jamaica to lose in more ways than one.

And as for new Chelsea signing, Hector? What a rucks! His mistake trying to dribble out of the back and losing it caused the third Nicaragua goal. No wonder Little Grandstand was booing him whenever he touched the ball. All through the game it seemed the pace of the game was 5 TIMES FASTER THE HECTOR'S SPEED OF THOUGHT AND MOVEMENT.

Schaeffer should send the right message now. Send home Powell, drop Hector! Replace then with warriors committed to bleed for country and send them to battle on Tuesday!

DweetSweet seh so!

I did not see the game but I agree with you that Powell should not have played, dem take him out of the punishment zone too fast. He took himself out of the GoldCup and he plays the very next game!!!!!!! Where is the punishment, where is the pain, where is the restitution on his part, we get negative payback !!! Joke bizniz dis. Dweet I have seen Hector play a number of games and he has made a number of mistakes he has also played like a hero in many games, so I don't agree with you on that point.

Here sir!

Comment

Know what kemal lawrence was really poor , they will single out hector but lots of blame everywhere,

Comment

Red herrings - Powell- Hector ,clearly we had a defensive breakdown and it started on Taxi sides, i see a structural problem in the back line from the GC that hasnt been rectified.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
        X