Talk about paying over the top...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about paying over the top...

According to sources from Monaco, the club valued Anthony Martial at £10 - £15milion. Here comes Manchester United to offer £36milion for the player. Monaco just could not refuse such an offer!

Talk about having money, will spend.

Let's see if this young man (19 years) have what it takes to live up to his price tag.

And Monaco's vice-president, Vadim Vasilyev, has now admitted the Ligue 1 outfit could not refuse the mammoth offer from United despite being keen to keep the forward at the club.

Vasilyev told Monaco's official website: "We wished to keep him this season but Manchester United made an incredible offer that neither Anthony, nor AS Monaco, could refuse.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Why yuh doan worry bout fi yuh business and leave fi we alone?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
      I pay attention to it because this stupid practice affects my team too. ManUre is always prepared to throw extra cash at players just for the hell of it. It seems as if it is more for show than good business practice.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The jury is still out on the kid,and he is young too.
        The mind yuh own business was giving you a dose of your own medicine.
        We paid an arm and a leg for Mata but the same concerns were never raised.

Comment

The next Thiery Henry? David Bellion and Gabriel Oberton spring to mind!!

Comment

The jury is still out on the kid,and he is young too.
            The mind yuh own business was giving you a dose of your own medicine.
            I know you are trying to get back at me with the mind your own business thing. I think it is a bit misplaced though.

We paid an arm and a leg for Mata but the same concerns were never raised.
            You are comparing cheese to chalk here Rockman. In Juan Mata, your team got a seasoned veteran who proved himself for three seasons with Chelsea. Chelsea payed £22 Million and ManUre paid an additional £16 on top of that to get the player. While they could have pushed for something closer to the original buying price, you paid the extra for a player who had showed he had what it takes to cut it in the EPL especially if the manager was prepared to look beyond his defensive shortcomings. I think you got a good deal.

Comment

Jeezam piece, look who iz talking bout. ..fi leave peeople business alone. No I have seen it all.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                According to sources from Monaco, the club valued Anthony Martial at £10 - £15milion. Here comes Manchester United to offer £36milion for the player. Monaco just could not refuse such an offer!

Talk about having money, will spend.

Let's see if this young man (19 years) have what it takes to live up to his price tag.
                Well, LvG has pointed out that once MU express an interest in a player the value goes up. that has been true over the years. I read an article yesterday that Monaco upon seeing that MU was desperate for a striker they jacked up the price.

What this has proven is that MU powers that be have no plan with their activity in the transfer market. They refused Falcoa, sold RvP, Wellbeck and now Hernandez. Yet they ended up with a panic buy for a player that scored only 9 goals last season? IN FRANCE???
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I heard that LVG wanted to pay LA Galaxy £55 Million for Donovan Ricketts. This is a player that Galaxy would accept £5 million for or even half of that and would think they were on the better side of the deal. But if a man wants to throw money at you, you should take it.

As the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Comment

Told them all long time that Van Girl is a fraud!!

Comment

yuh too lie!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        yuh too lie!!
                        Of course it is not true Gamma! It is exaggerated just for effect.

More or less what LVG would do with ManUre's money.

Comment

LOL.. yuseeit!
                          Peter R

Comment

Working...
                          X