Former MLS coach leads Montego Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former MLS coach leads Montego Bay

United into CCL clash against DC United.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/ar...-clash-vs-dc-u

In order to save on travel costs, Hankinson and his team bussed across Jamaica to fly out of Kingston's airport instead of their local one – necessitating a 1 am departure from Montego Bay on Saturday night – and will make an overnight stop in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

“Due to financial restraints, local residents [who are] friends of the team will assist in a carpool to transport the team, and will prepare home-cooked food in trays to bring to the team at the hotel [in Florida and D.C.],” he said.

“It will be a completely different experience. You'll see the team show up at RFK probably in eight private vehicles to get us there. That's the life of Jamaican football, and what the budgets allow and don't allow. But it doesn't affect the players: They're excited and ambitious and motivated.”
    Who will be there? I know I will! Link up!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The only club team I know that changes coaches more than Montego Bay United is Chelsea!
      I have lost count of the amount of changes over the past 5 years. This cannot be good for the football development.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Within a few years of getting back into the NPL, MBUFC has won the title in dashing style and finished second the following year. Do you think maybe the coaching changes could have helped them?

They have managed to get two players onto a team dominated by UB40s.

They are now in the CCL. Just watch them tonight and support!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Your argument emphasises how low the RSPL bar is set. We can't take winning that competitions as anything.

Anyway, let's see how they fare against better competition.

The game is live on FS2 at 8PM EST.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
          X