Why the 'el do I bother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the 'el do I bother?

A blueprint to put an end to the schools vs. academy debate...proven...tried...and true!

"A joint initiative with the government saw eight Topsport schools introduced between 1998 and 2002, with the aim of providing the most talented boys and girls, aged between 14 and 18, with additional training during the normal curriculum to increase their chances of reaching the top. Those sessions – four mornings a week and two hours at a time – continue to be taken by coaches that work for the federation...."

...With eight Topsport schools dotted around a small country, the players selected are able to commute from home, the corollary being that they are free to train with their clubs four times a week in the evening.

All of which meant that the selected players were receiving twice as much coaching as they did before. As for the success rate, seven of the World Cup squad – Thibaut Courtois, Dries Mertens, Kevin de Bruyne, Mousa Dembélé, Steven Defour, Axel Witsel and Nacer Chadli – came through a system that many of Belgium’s leading clubs have now replicated by collaborating with local schools to increase contact time with their own players.

Full Article: http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ion-world-cup-
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

I'll just let my attorney, DonUno, send you my bill for plagiarism.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      I'll just let my attorney, DonUno, send you my bill for plagiarism.
      LOL!!! Yow....who plagiarised, de Belgian dem? Or me? Don't shoot the messenjah! (You come een like you bredrin WeedX). LOL!!!
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

This must have been initiated by a meeting of stake holders with the goal being a holistic impart of football and academic knowledge.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I raise you dis....

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
          A blueprint to put an end to the schools vs. academy debate...proven...tried...and true!

"A joint initiative with the government saw eight Topsport schools introduced between 1998 and 2002, with the aim of providing the most talented boys and girls, aged between 14 and 18, with additional training during the normal curriculum to increase their chances of reaching the top. Those sessions – four mornings a week and two hours at a time – continue to be taken by coaches that work for the federation...."

...With eight Topsport schools dotted around a small country, the players selected are able to commute from home, the corollary being that they are free to train with their clubs four times a week in the evening.

All of which meant that the selected players were receiving twice as much coaching as they did before. As for the success rate, seven of the World Cup squad – Thibaut Courtois, Dries Mertens, Kevin de Bruyne, Mousa Dembélé, Steven Defour, Axel Witsel and Nacer Chadli – came through a system that many of Belgium’s leading clubs have now replicated by collaborating with local schools to increase contact time with their own players.

D1 eva faithful...eva sure....eva committed to develop wi yutes to max potential...An eva ready fi bun out dose who disrespek wi yutes an' doom dem to eternal backwardness

A simple plan to improve Youth football

The JFF, ISSA and the ministries of sport & education need to cooperate to ensure that kids in the national program both get a sound academic education...and learn to play team ball.

1. Form a permanent national player pool at U-17 and U-20 levels based at the Academy -- World Cup Development -- WCD program.... players evaluated and selected islandwide

2. With assistance from ISSA & Min of Education, recruit say 10 willing & suitable schools in easy reach of UWI to serve as "home" schools for the student athletes in the pools. Rural players can be transferred to one of these schools...players in the KMR can remain in their current schools.... suitable accommodation for out of towners to be provided.
          WCD players will not be available to the schools for their competitions but only for the Academy program...the schools will just be responsible for their academic development in all aspects. Tutors to be provided for students needing remedial work

3. Training at the Academy to be structured around the school schedule... transportation to and from the academy (and any accommodation expenses) to be arranged by the JFF/Chase Fund/sponsors

4. If feasible/desirable.. enter the U-17 team in the club U-20 competition and the U-20 in the KSAFA Major League...or competition deemed most suitable for their age group & development.
          Otherwise proceed with whatever development program is suitable for competitive games...

5. JFF & ISSA to cooperate to build coaching & player development expertise in the high schools and their competitions
          SIMPLE --- EFFECTIVE --- AFFORDABLE ...

Not the 360° solution but a START to believing in our yutes ...
          Last edited by Don1; August 24, 2015, 08:55 PM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

That is all I have been saying for a while but man a gwaan like a rocket science. Have after school training program, weekend games and summer program and work with it.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              That is all I have been saying for a while but man a gwaan like a rocket science. Have after school training program, weekend games and summer program and work with it.
              There are some key points to their system of note:

1. the entire country was using 1 system
              2. the kids got professional training at school
              3. they acknowledged that most of the kids would not become professionals, so schooling was not subordinated to football, quite the contrary
              4. the clubs, FA, and the schools worked together and were completely aligned
              5. there were a limited number of schools geographically disbursed all across the country, so regional talent could be concentrated

This system could work in Jamaica as long as a) we could see eye to eye b) we got the coaching (note - they made coaching courses FREE) and c) we started them young 6 not 14 - and had a long term vision. If we had done something like this in 98, we would have more than one "Sterlings" out there in droves.

Comment

Just need a little work on imagination.

Look at the work Paul Campbell did with our goalies. He identified every talented keeper and worked with them, kept track of their progress and provided training for them. You think it is a wonder we have so many goalie of note now???
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

This system could work in Jamaica as long as a) we could see eye to eye b) we got the coaching (note - they made coaching courses FREE) and c) we started them young 6 not 14 - and had a long term vision. If we had done something like this in 98, we would have more than one "Sterlings" out there in droves.
                  Tell dat to di Jamaica Fraud Federation along wid Stoni, Lemmings & Co

D1 dun know dat langlang time

Dem iniquity muss get bun out

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Mi fuss yuh pan dis one .
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                      Mi fuss yuh pan dis one .
                      miseeit

Comment

Thank God for Jesus!!!
                        I thank you for this post, Paul!!!
                        ...yet with the talent we have all our schools...well at least the high school as the younger kids may need less daily work-load...could have such a system. TALENT ABOUNDS!!!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                        X