No announcement yet.

Coley...Be a man and accept the blame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you can blame the coach but the coach ought not to blame the players as its a collective failure. I think it is silly to say we need better work done at youth level when the guys making the mistake are guys who led their teams in the ncaa and second year in the MLS or USL. That's a joke,.

Comment

We struggle against St Vincent and he doesn't want to take the blame? LOL

Comment

Lewis said he played 8 games since he returned and the first tournament his club asked for limited involvement.

Lowe may have played about the same and sometimes the timing is not right although it seems like either had lapse or made some silly choices.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That is what I said. They have been back and playing regularly. and in Lewis' case performing very well.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
            I think you can blame the coach but the coach ought not to blame the players as its a collective failure. I think it is silly to say we need better work done at youth level when the guys making the mistake are guys who led their teams in the ncaa and second year in the MLS or USL. That's a joke,.
            Exactly!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So who most of the blame is on?? Collectively it tells what happen in camp or didn't happen, don't it???

The mentality that we have a god given right to beat our other Caribbean teams is part of the problem. Too often we try to use it as warm up games in competitions.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                I think you can blame the coach but the coach ought not to blame the players as its a collective failure.
                Why would you think the coach can be blamed for his failures but not the players for their failures?

Could it be that you are at odds with how expressions on the players' failures was worded (said) and not that the players cannot be faulted for their failures?

I think it is silly to say we need better work done at youth level when the guys making the mistake are guys who led their teams in the ncaa and second year in the MLS or USL. That's a joke,.
                If I am to agree with you I would first have to agree that the quality of TEAM-play at the MLS and the lower USL levels are not woefully poor. The unfortunate thing is, I know that quality of TEAM-play at those levels fall far of that I would consider acceptable from TEAMs in say, the standard bearers, EUROPE's big 5 leagues.

The problem here may be where we stand on expectations for our TEAMs. Such position would of course include how comparisons are made on demonstrated tactical ability in those leagues when compared with that at top leagues and top National TEAMs. The MLS is coming along fast but the large periods in games where players 'do not try', unnecessarily hold on to the ball, fail to defend, fail to support when team-mate is in possession...all and more adding to playing poorly is terrible as example or use for comparison intended to motivate our national TEAM players to aim at reaching the very best level of play.

We have the talent that can be developed to that which holds at the TOP OF THE WORLD. Where our players, particularly those at the National U-17 through U-23 TEAMs levels must be challenged is that area of self-development. Our players need to be challenged to dissect and understand good TEAM-play as performed by say, Germany and Spain...the organizational play of say, Bayern Munich and Barcelona...and then to ape the best of what they see.

I shall say it again - as general rule the teachers=coaches should ignore the play of the fancy-dons like Messi, Neymar, etc. Concentration should be on those players who pass and move/move and pass unceasingly. It will lead to understanding and inculcating TEAM as core of being. It focuses the conscious and builds in the subconscious TEAM BEFORE ALL ELSE.

The way I read it, the coach spoke to the players' ability on maturity. He is not suggesting the innate talent is missing.

The personal problem I have is an answer to how long - (How many hours?) - he had these 'students'=players learning for him? Did he have time to change their outlook and appreciation of the game of football such that actions on the field should show greater advanced play?

So far answers to the question on how long the coach had the TEAM is not satisfactory. My past experience with the JFF is, on the few occasions when they have appointed a coach in good time they have in 99.99999+% of time not arranged for necessary quality time of coach with TEAM. Our national TEAMs, save in rear circumstances, usually have less than 180 hours [5 hours per day x 30 days(=30 month)] of teaching=coaching. Hardly enough time to overcome years of faulty teaching=coaching; and it must be remembered during that same time the players are at their other schools (schools, clubs or wherever) reinforcing 'many things' opposed to/contra to that the coach is trying to instill.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Quote:

=Karl;531659]As you go to lower and lower age groups it becomes harder and harder to find footballers among our nationals outside of the island who are as technically advanced as our local footballers.

You reject TALENT ABOUNDS...and based on my view of foreign age-group teams seen...our young are often better in most technical areas when man to man comparisons are made.
                  [/quote]

I am the truest proponent of your "Talent Abounds" theory....since I'm confident that given the right tools and the right environment...our youth can compete with ANYONE-ANYWHERE-ANYTIME...more often than not

OoooKaaaaaay?!

Unnu who support Jamaica Fraud Federation fcukery policies clearly don't have that level of belief in our talent

Repeat the propaganda over and over and hope it is accepted as fact????
                  Guess it is an act tried many times throughout the ages...

What I have observed is a separation on ability at playing the game becoming pronounced from age 18 upwards. ...so the difference I am seeing is not potential...but a realization that it is advanced 'teaching'/education=better teaching=greater competence of the teachers/coaches of the foreigners that causes that separation on ability.

At the U-23 level we should be able to eventually field 100% locals as our teaching through to that level improves.

I agree...I just don't see any improvement in teaching in place. Do you?

No!

If you don't your comment here is facetious

Nonsense!
                  My position is, and always has been to 'fight' for that improvement in teaching!

Conclusion: The quality and compositions of our NATIONAL TEAMs reflect quality of local teaching/coaching...the development of the local players and leagues.
                  No rocket science here

That lack in quality of the local teachers does not become as easily apparent at ages 15 and under. The tremendous talent of our locals paper over the 'inculcated bad faults'/the poor teaching. Unfortunately for our over 15 players that poor 'base teaching' (=the teaching of bad faults/incorrect way of thinking on and playing the game) becomes more easy to discern as they are compared with top foreign players and teams of comparable ages. ...and thus the need to find greater numbers of our nationals born outside of the island who have had superior teaching.
                  Ok...So I suppose the cure for this post 15 y.o. quality deficit is to double down on importing mediocre Englishmen for 20 years now??

The importation of players who on adding improves the national senior team has nothing to do with YOUTH DEVELOPMENT as policy, it has to do with NATIONAL SENIOR TEAM PROGRAM with a zeroing in on that TEAM.

I know you find it hard to understand why a GERMAN TEAM has, and many other NATIONAL TEAMs have players born outside of their borders. ...but not putting on blinkers and ignoring best fits for your NATIONAL SENIOR TEAM is...well... Let me put it mildly. - Not in anyone's interest save your opponents!

..and your question on our U-15 and below levels the answer is, improve the delivery of education on playing the game. That includes improving quality of teachers and teaching, inclusive of the recommendations made years past which are found on the is website. - i.e. exposure of the youth to quality international teams both on local soil and outside of the island.

[quote]
                  Or is the cure doubling down on providing quality instruction from outside??

Providing quality instructions for our DEVELOPMENT is best at every level.
                  I have unrelentingly lobbied for best teaching. Any attempt to suggest otherwise will not change that fact.

Unnu ave sense wen unnu support JFF Fcukery??

or should I

...but allow me -
                  Nonsense!
                  National SENIOR TEAM development grows out of keeping the squad playing as frequently as possible. The best of our available talent at the national senior team level will be plying their trade in TOP PROFESSIONAL LEAGUES.

Superficial crap. The national senior team grows well..FIRST...by having a great development program in place...yes...and after that.. great game exposure & plugging gaps with foreign recruits...LAST.

That's how evolved nations do things...but unnu support JFF 20 Year Fcukery suh unnu fi get bun out

The Jamaica Fraud Federation and unnu ave tings backward nuh rasss!!!

You are confused!

In order
                  - You have to understand where you are.
                  We are at a place in time that has us competing in international competitions and performing at levels less than desired;

- What is it that prevents us from maximizing on our potential?
                  Under-development of national teams and under-development of our players!

- Solutions to that failure to fully develop national teams and our players?
                  Create and operate excellent development systems.

Our locals playing in our NPL shall gain more and more places as a result of our National Youth Development Program producing the quality whereon we have 50 or so locals performing in our local leagues at top international acceptable levels.
                  Note to Elda: There is no National Youth Development Program..You speak as if there is...Come back to Earth Elda

Dats precisely why man ah bun out Jamaica Fraud Federation & dem backward supporta dem

Yes, there is no National Development Program!

...and NO! I do not speak saying one is currently in place...rather I speak on what should be!!!

Two things would have occurred - large pool of players of the required standard would be in professional leagues outside of the island and that pool being constantly replenished; - large pool within the island of top quality players such that our local league is TOP DRAWER.

...on the matter of local YOUTH DEVELOPMENT and NATIONAL TEAMs programs naturally both would then be excellent! Top quality teachers of the game, would, as is on course in track athletics, well on the way to increasing to cover entire island=there would be provision of good teaching/coaching to all our kids and adults - i.e. cradle through end of playing life in top quality teaching/coaching environs.
                  Your usual rambling...doan tap atall

Forget the attempt at sarcasm...in the immediate and foreseeable future the greatest percentage of our sponsorship funding must be sourced and accessed from international entities outside of JA. Market for sponsorship sources in Jamaica is too small. ...a potent NATIONAL SENIOR TEAM could earn us 100 million annually, if we were in the FIFA TOP 25 and had 10 sponsors PLUGING IN U$10 MILLION annually.

...then there would be funds from tournaments and friendlies...

Dream Big yes Elda

Wonder what you really mean? ...or understood from what Stoni has been preaching?
                  Yuh nuh si Stoni inna Wonderland??? Dat get bun out wid im Snow Matrix langlang time

He has a different take on SOME THINGS!
                  ...and as you read Stoni's take consider them in the light of "there are different pathways to the other side of a table" and then make your findings.
                  Last edited by Karl; August 19, 2015, 11:31 AM.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                    Coley excuse

Coley, the successful coach at Jamaica College in schoolboy football, noted that some of his players have complained that they are not getting enough playing time at their clubs and schools, and now he is seeing the reason why they are not doing so.

"Their concentration levels are really poor, the fitness levels are also poor, those are some of the areas we need to work on. You can't take five days with a team to do that, and I say no fault of the JFF or anybody at all, it is just that players have to start taking responsibility for themselves and understand that they will one day represent the country, and start developing that pride and that passion that I want them to play with."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...-help_19224270

So help me here...
                    - Is Coley claiming that Mosiah's long time team under training is equivalent to 5 days?

- Is that five days a reference to 8 hour days or so other number of hours? ...not that it would make any difference if his reference is that 8 hour days or 48 hours per day as both periods would be 'joke ting'?

......aaaaah!

Comment

Plush you would be singing the same song for the GC15 squad. The only difference is that Schaefer was fortunate to participate in a tougher and more prestigious tournament (prior to the GC). Winnie had to use the Copa america as warm up. I keep talking on this site that it's not good to rejoice in having an impoverished federation. What if winnie had some good friendlies prior to the Copa?. If the GC 15 squad came to the Gc without prior games they would have been knocked out in the group stage.

Did the u23 get quality games prior to qualifiers? No. Could winnie get the u23 quality games aganist quality cloub youth teams in Europe? Yes, but ja's federation do not have the funds to support the cause.

The Finals: Nervousness destroyed Ja in the GC finals. Did Ja have resident psychologist to spot the nervousness and warn the coach? No lack of funds. Ja could have decided that game in the first 20 odd mins (just as the US game). I really don't want to talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                        Plush you would be singing the same song for the GC15 squad. The only difference is that Schaefer was fortunate to participate in a tougher and more prestigious tournament (prior to the GC). Winnie had to use the Copa america as warm up. I keep talking on this site that it's not good to rejoice in having an impoverished federation. What if winnie had some good friendlies prior to the Copa?. If the GC 15 squad came to the Gc without prior games they would have been knocked out in the group stage.

Did the u23 get quality games prior to qualifiers? No. Could winnie get the u23 quality games aganist quality cloub youth teams in Europe? Yes, but ja's federation do not have the funds to support the cause.

The Finals: Nervousness destroyed Ja in the GC finals. Did Ja have resident psychologist to spot the nervousness and warn the coach? No lack of funds. Ja could have decided that game in the first 20 odd mins (just as the US game). I really don't want to talk about it.
                        Don't agree with that Jawge with all due respect. Those Copa América performances would have been good enough to take care of what CONCACAF had to throw at us in the group stages. International managers all around the world have to accept that players are only available to them for a limited period and need to deal with it.

Comment

Dunny those performances that you saw was brought out my quality opponents. Ja would not have the confidence to rally against CR, not to mention Canada. JA drew huge confidence from the Copa, trust me on that.

Big wes (my Favorite snow man) learned Aguerio (sp) not to be screened because if you are screened you can't see the ball. Notice Big Wes in the GC? Him beat the opponent to the ball.

Comment

Agreed about the confidence bit, however I thought 2 tournaments at the end of the season was a bit too much and caught up with us in the end.

Comment

=Karl;531659]As you go to lower and lower age groups it becomes harder and harder to find footballers among our nationals outside of the island who are as technically advanced as our local footballers.

You reject TALENT ABOUNDS...and based on my view of foreign age-group teams seen...our young are often better in most technical areas when man to man comparisons are made.
                              This is nonsensical. Explain how I reject your TALENT ABOUNDS theory...when I'm a HUGE proponent of developing that talent to its fullest as our #1 priority?

Unnu who support Jamaica Fraud Federation fcukery policies clearly don't have that level of belief in our talent [/I] Repeat the propaganda over and over and hope it is accepted as fact????
                              Guess it is an act tried many times throughout the ages...
                              The proof to this "propaganda" is the FACT that the Jamaica Fraud Federation has instituted ZERO youth development programs in the ~20 years since JA qualified for the World Cup...with a largely local team.

Propagandize dat

The importation of players who on adding improves the national senior team has nothing to do with YOUTH DEVELOPMENT as policy, it has to do with NATIONAL SENIOR TEAM PROGRAM with a zeroing in on that TEAM.

If you mean the 2 SHOULD have nothing to do with each other...I agree. I'm on record here as supporting some Snowball...IF JA has a committed and comprehensive youth dev program

I've already explained how the hurry-come-up philosophy of the Jamaica Fraud Federation and its Lemming supporters link the 2...To the detriment of our youth.

I'm asking you again...don't misrepresent my views...it's annoying

Nonsense!
                              National SENIOR TEAM development grows out of keeping the squad playing as frequently as possible. The best of our available talent at the national senior team level will be plying their trade in TOP PROFESSIONAL LEAGUES.
                              [/B]

Superficial crap. The national senior team grows well..FIRST...by having a great development program in place...yes...and after that.. great game exposure & plugging gaps with foreign recruits...LAST.

That's how evolved nations do things...but unnu support JFF 20 Year Fcukery suh unnu fi get bun out

The Jamaica Fraud Federation and unnu ave tings backward nuh rasss!!!

You are confused!

In order
                              - You have to understand where you are.
                              We are at a place in time that has us competing in international competitions and performing at levels less than desired;

- What is it that prevents us from maximizing on our potential?
                              Under-development of national teams and under-development of our players!

- Solutions to that failure to fully develop national teams and our players?
                              Create and operate excellent development systems.

I won't parse thu this other than to say...You're appearing more n more to be an apologist for the Jamaica Fraud Federation.

Continue pon dat path an' mi might affi start deal wid yuh like Stoni...strait bun out. Duh Elda...repent! Mi nuh waan reach dehsuh wid yuh

[COLOR="Blue"]Yes, there is no National Development Program!

...and NO! I do not speak saying one is currently in place...rather I speak on what should be!!!
                              Ok...you're a pacifist. Fyah Man is an activist/realist. Mi naw speak of tings as if dem dehdeh wen dem nuh dehdeh...mi bun out those who prevent di tings from manifesting whe ah blight wi yutes.. i.e. The Jamaica Fraud Federation and its Lemming supporters

Yuh nuh si Stoni inna Wonderland??? Dat get bun out wid im Snow Matrix langlang time

He has a different take on SOME THINGS!
                              ...and as you read Stoni's take consider them in the light of "there are different pathways to the other side of a table" and then make your findings.

Fyah Man bun out all heathen & iniquity werker whe hold back wi yute dem.

No explanations necessary... BLAZE!!!!! wooooiiieee
                              Last edited by Don1; August 19, 2015, 01:44 PM.
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I meant to say you can't blame the coach but at the same time it is stupid for Miguel to blame the players without including himself as he pick them. They did not pick themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X