Coley...Be a man and accept the blame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coley...Be a man and accept the blame

Coley is the only one to be blamed for the results in Haiti .I read the report in the Jamaica Observer and it went on and on about players needing to learn concentration and basics of the game etc. Weren't these same players in and out of camp for a while? Didn't we notice these simple errors or concentration issues. These should have been corrected before we got to the tournament. Is he saying that from a pool of prob over 50 players none of them is up to par? The stupid mistakes being made is not happening for the first time. I'm sure this guys do the same thing in training and practice games and were allowed to get away with it. This is why practice games are important. See how the team reacts in game situation and figure what u need to address.

Plush, help us understand context and thus what you are saying?

How long has the squad been in training?

How many hours of actual preparations as unit?

How many pre-tournament matches the squad has played?

How much time has Coley spent with the squad?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The squad has been in training for a while, as long as most of our other squads over the years. Ok, that might not be enough, but I wonder how long these other teams (Cuba, STVG)have been in training.

Some of our U23 players have been training with the national team for a while, so basically, they have been in somewhat perpetual training.

As for concentration issues, many of them are big ballas from NCAA, more plying their trade in at least semi-pro leagues I'm the USA. If they still have concentration issues, dem cahnah dark!

The older age group, the more difficult our qualification. And don't look to England to save us here. Many at this age will be fancying their chances for an England call up before they commit to us.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Do me a favor and look at the limit of the involvement of the NCAA and MLS players. LA Lewis and Lowe has been recovering from really bad injuries, when was Williams involved and the others???

As the man said playing as a team would have helped these kids. I can't blame Coley alone. How can you not have at least 2 international practice games for the under 23 but we have games with out of season Arnett and Waterhouse. Is that enough? Also Coley as the head coach was away for the last month of prep for the team.

We take the Caribbean teams for granted is a big part of the problem. Talent alone won't cut it.
        Last edited by Assasin; August 18, 2015, 09:57 AM.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          The older age group, the more difficult our qualification. And don't look to England to save us here. Many at this age will be fancying their chances for an England call up before they commit to us.
          I disagree. Based on the backward views here (which I'm coming around to )we should be going ALL OUT in England to recruit at this U-23 level.... then a segue to senior ball will be far easier & seamless for Snow Ballas....

This would make the JA national team that much more cohesive with a sustainable All or Mostly-English presence with solid, long term relationships from English camp

Taking the argument of the FoolFool Set to its logical conclusion...the Jamaica Fraud Federation should have a permanent camp & perpetual recruiting & tryouts for English-Jamaicans. The odd JA resident who may qualify can be invited to England to train... maybe 2 or 3 locals/year

The we may rename the team the LimeyBoyz and get sponsorship out of the UK...memba seh fi dem pocket longa dan fi wi own

That's what Stoni the Snowman would call an "effective and sustainable short to medium term top line strategy to generate a likkle sensation and get money rolling into the program"

Wooooiiieeee mi humerus!!!!!
          Last edited by Don1; August 18, 2015, 10:09 AM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

All that is said points right back to Coley. Lowe and Lewis just coming back from injury and not match fit....why take them and start them in the tournament? Did you see that Coley also said no blame to the JFF? So Coley was busy with the Senior team, whose fault is that? Between him and Waite, the blame rest squarely with the coaching staff. How many international games did St Vincent play? Same for Cuba? How many games did they play with the full U23 team? Our preparation was not better or worse than our competitors and if we have the talent then the coach is the issue. Is selection, his team preparation, and/or the tactics employed.

Comment

I wonder...what if the entire team was comprised of UB40s?

I know I would have to find some scuba diving flag or something to wave!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                I disagree. Based on the backward views here (which I'm coming around to )we should be going ALL OUT in England to recruit at this U-23 level.... then a segue to senior ball will be far easier & seamless for Snow Ballas....
                As you go to lower and lower age groups it becomes harder and harder to find footballers among our nationals outside of the island who are as technically advanced as our local footballers.

You reject TALENT ABOUNDS...and based on my view of foreign age-group teams seen...our young are often better in most technical areas when man to man comparisons are made.

What I have observed is a separation on ability at playing the game becoming pronounced from age 18 upwards. ...so the difference I am seeing is not potential...but a realization that it is advanced 'teaching'/education=better teaching=greater competence of the teachers/coaches of the foreigners that causes that separation on ability.

At the U-23 level we should be able to eventually field 100% locals as our teaching through to that level improves.

Conclusion: The quality and compositions of our NATIONAL TEAMs reflect quality of local teaching/coaching...the development of the local players and leagues.

That lack in quality of the local teachers does not become as easily apparent at ages 15 and under. The tremendous talent of our locals paper over the 'inculcated bad faults'/the poor teaching. Unfortunately for our over 15 players that poor 'base teaching' (=the teaching of bad faults/incorrect way of thinking on and playing the game) becomes more easy to discern as they are compared with top foreign players and teams of comparable ages. ...and thus the need to find greater numbers of our nationals born outside of the island who have had superior teaching.

This would make the JA national team that much more cohesive with a sustainable All or Mostly-English presence with solid, long term relationships from English camp

Taking the argument of the FoolFool Set to its logical conclusion...the Jamaica Fraud Federation should have a permanent camp & perpetual recruiting & tryouts for English-Jamaicans. The odd JA resident who may qualify can be invited to England to train... maybe 2 or 3 locals/year
                Nonsense!
                National SENIOR TEAM development grows out of keeping the squad playing as frequently as possible. The best of our available talent at the national senior team level will be plying their trade in TOP PROFESSIONAL LEAGUES.

Our locals playing in our NPL shall gain more and more places as a result of our National Youth Development Program producing the quality whereon we have 50 or so locals performing in our local leagues at top international acceptable levels.

Two things would have occurred - large pool of players of the required standard would be in professional leagues outside of the island and that pool being constantly replenished; - large pool within the island of top quality players such that our local league is TOP DRAWER.

...on the matter of local YOUTH DEVELOPMENT and NATIONAL TEAMs programs naturally both would then be excellent! Top quality teachers of the game, would, as is on course in track athletics, well on the way to increasing to cover entire island=there would be provision of good teaching/coaching to all our kids and adults - i.e. cradle through end of playing life in top quality teaching/coaching environs.

The we may rename the team the LimeyBoyz and get sponsorship out of the UK...memba seh fi dem pocket longa dan fi wi own
                Forget the attempt at sarcasm...in the immediate and foreseeable future the greatest percentage of our sponsorship funding must be sourced and accessed from international entities outside of JA. Market for sponsorship sources in Jamaica is too small. ...a potent NATIONAL SENIOR TEAM could earn us 100 million annually, if we were in the FIFA TOP 25 and had 10 sponsors PLUGING IN U$10 MILLION annually.

...then there would be funds from tournaments and friendlies...

btw - What is the sum given by FIFA for the last 10 years?

That's what Stoni the Snowman would call an "effective and sustainable short to medium term top line strategy to generate a likkle sensation and get money rolling into the program"

Wooooiiieeee mi humerus!!!!!
                Wonder what you really mean? ...or understood from what Stoni has been preaching?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Oh Lord! There could be some gems in this. Pity I'll never find out!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    I wonder...what if the entire team was comprised of UB40s?

I know I would have to find some scuba diving flag or something to wave!
                    Sarry fi yuh as continuation of poor teaching locally makes that inevitable. If the present state of local affairs - poor teaching/coaching - remain, the foreign nationals with their superior teachers will improve ability at playing at every increasing rate and move further and further away on quality.

We spoke of such a possibility...on this site...in 2000!
                    We need improve delivery of teaching/coaching YOUTH DEVELOPMENT and TEAM DEVELOPMENT...FAST!

Comment

The level concentration and discipline Coley is referring to, was it not shown in training??

Wouldn't a few serious game help the team???
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lewis has been back from injury long time and starting for Whitecaps USL squad on a regular basis. Likewise Damion Lowe.

Comment

=Karl;531659]As you go to lower and lower age groups it becomes harder and harder to find footballers among our nationals outside of the island who are as technically advanced as our local footballers.

You reject TALENT ABOUNDS...and based on my view of foreign age-group teams seen...our young are often better in most technical areas when man to man comparisons are made.
                          I am the truest proponent of your "Talent Abounds" theory....since I'm confident that given the right tools and the right environment...our youth can compete with ANYONE-ANYWHERE-ANYTIME...more often than not

Unnu who support Jamaica Fraud Federation fcukery policies clearly don't have that level of belief in our talent

What I have observed is a separation on ability at playing the game becoming pronounced from age 18 upwards. ...so the difference I am seeing is not potential...but a realization that it is advanced 'teaching'/education=better teaching=greater competence of the teachers/coaches of the foreigners that causes that separation on ability.

At the U-23 level we should be able to eventually field 100% locals as our teaching through to that level improves.
                          I agree...I just don't see any improvement in teaching in place. Do you?

If you don't your comment here is facetious

Conclusion: The quality and compositions of our NATIONAL TEAMs reflect quality of local teaching/coaching...the development of the local players and leagues.
                          No rocket science here

That lack in quality of the local teachers does not become as easily apparent at ages 15 and under. The tremendous talent of our locals paper over the 'inculcated bad faults'/the poor teaching. Unfortunately for our over 15 players that poor 'base teaching' (=the teaching of bad faults/incorrect way of thinking on and playing the game) becomes more easy to discern as they are compared with top foreign players and teams of comparable ages. ...and thus the need to find greater numbers of our nationals born outside of the island who have had superior teaching.
                          Ok...So I suppose the cure for this post 15 y.o. quality deficit is to double down on importing mediocre Englishmen for 20 years now??

Or is the cure doubling down on providing quality instruction from outside??

Unnu ave sense wen unnu support JFF Fcukery??

Nonsense!
                          National SENIOR TEAM development grows out of keeping the squad playing as frequently as possible. The best of our available talent at the national senior team level will be plying their trade in TOP PROFESSIONAL LEAGUES.
                          Superficial crap. The national senior team grows well..FIRST...by having a great development program in place...yes...and after that.. great game exposure & plugging gaps with foreign recruits...LAST.

That's how evolved nations do things...but unnu support JFF 20 Year Fcukery suh unnu fi get bun out

The Jamaica Fraud Federation and unnu ave tings backward nuh rasss!!!

Our locals playing in our NPL shall gain more and more places as a result of our National Youth Development Program producing the quality whereon we have 50 or so locals performing in our local leagues at top international acceptable levels.
                          Note to Elda: There is no National Youth Development Program..You speak as if there is...Come back to Earth Elda

Dats precisely why man ah bun out Jamaica Fraud Federation & dem backward supporta dem

Two things would have occurred - large pool of players of the required standard would be in professional leagues outside of the island and that pool being constantly replenished; - large pool within the island of top quality players such that our local league is TOP DRAWER.

...on the matter of local YOUTH DEVELOPMENT and NATIONAL TEAMs programs naturally both would then be excellent! Top quality teachers of the game, would, as is on course in track athletics, well on the way to increasing to cover entire island=there would be provision of good teaching/coaching to all our kids and adults - i.e. cradle through end of playing life in top quality teaching/coaching environs.
                          Your usual rambling...doan tap atall

Forget the attempt at sarcasm...in the immediate and foreseeable future the greatest percentage of our sponsorship funding must be sourced and accessed from international entities outside of JA. Market for sponsorship sources in Jamaica is too small. ...a potent NATIONAL SENIOR TEAM could earn us 100 million annually, if we were in the FIFA TOP 25 and had 10 sponsors PLUGING IN U$10 MILLION annually.

...then there would be funds from tournaments and friendlies...

Dream Big yes Elda

Wonder what you really mean? ...or understood from what Stoni has been preaching?
                          Yuh nuh si Stoni inna Wonderland??? Dat get bun out wid im Snow Matrix langlang time
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Coley excuse

Coley, the successful coach at Jamaica College in schoolboy football, noted that some of his players have complained that they are not getting enough playing time at their clubs and schools, and now he is seeing the reason why they are not doing so.

"Their concentration levels are really poor, the fitness levels are also poor, those are some of the areas we need to work on. You can't take five days with a team to do that, and I say no fault of the JFF or anybody at all, it is just that players have to start taking responsibility for themselves and understand that they will one day represent the country, and start developing that pride and that passion that I want them to play with."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...-help_19224270
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

So he chose players........................................... ...., who Coley, the successful coach at Jamaica College in schoolboy football, noted that some of his players have complained that they are not getting enough playing time at their clubs and schools, and now he is seeing the reason why they are not doing so.

Thats an indictment against him,isnt it , imagine Schafer doing same .Then he expects them to master certain skills.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                              X