No announcement yet.

Leon Bailey - Official Genk Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems like a different point, still.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
      Within the next 5 - 7 years, the MLS draft will pretty much be used to fill spots on MLS reserve teams, playing in the USL......For the past 3 years, a lot of the draft picks have not suited up for their 1st & some haven't gotten a contract with a MLS team.
      Exactly!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah!!! You've awaken Mr. College Soccer.

Comment

"who jostled for space in the MLS draft. "

I don't think most jostled, instead some took what they saw as the only way out. Doing that is not a dead end. Imagine if Leon didn't have a way out, he would be in college as he still can't make a Jamaica national age group team.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

College soccer is seen as inadequate preparation for those who want to play professional soccer. Now we have MLS teams forming USL teams (MLS reserve teams) to bridge the gap between academy soccer, which ends at 18, and playing in the MLS, as very few were ready to move right into a MLS squad at that stage.

Comment

isn't the way it is in every sport? Why you think they have Championship, D1 and D2? Some will make it, while some won't. There is no automatic preparation for MLS. You see even players move from Europe in the pro rank and don't make it in the MLS.

Nobody telling you college is the bullet solution but it better than playing DCup at 19 year old and it better to take a good opportunity than waste your time.

Again I am not looking for our best player to go to college, but college soccer has a good record of developing some of our second tier players like Damani Ralph and Daren Mattocks.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                isn't the way it is in every sport? Why you think they have Championship, D1 and D2? Some will make it, while some won't. There is no automatic preparation for MLS. You see even players move from Europe in the pro rank and don't make it in the MLS.

Nobody telling you college is the bullet solution but it better than playing DCup at 19 year old and it better to take a good opportunity than waste your time.

Again I am not looking for our best player to go to college, but college soccer has a good record of developing some of our second tier players like Damani Ralph and Daren Mattocks.
                Stay with us, Sass!

No one is saying we should turn down MLS and USL for NPL or nothing. That is not the point we are making here!!!

You are arguing a point that no one else is arguing!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"who jostled for space in the MLS draft. "

I don't think most jostled, instead some took what they saw as the only way out. Doing that is not a dead end. Imagine if Leon didn't have a way out, he would be in college as he still can't make a Jamaica national age group team.
                  I going to leave you and the MLS point to gwaan jab it out, cah mi cyaan bodda.

But, as for age group teams and Leon, why didn't he make any age group team?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why didn't he make them? Ask the coaches, I am still wondering why. Maybe you can tell me.

The fact is if you don't make the age group teams it is very hard to even think about going to Europe or other academies.

Comment

My problem is with your quote "who jostled for space in the MLS draft. "

You think MLS draft is the first choice for most of our players?? It is the only opportunity for some.

Comment

My problem is with your quote "who jostled for space in the MLS draft. "

You think MLS draft is the first choice for most of our players?? It is the only opportunity for some.
                        That's exactly what they were doing! There is nothing negative about the statement...it just is what it is!

And no, I don't think the MLS is the first choice. Clearly, Sass!!!

This is a sidebar. You're on your own from hereon.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"isn't the way it is in every sport?" - Are you seriously comparing college soccer, in the U.S. to basketball, baseball & hockey???

"Why you think they have Championship, D1 and D2? Some will make it, while some won't." - We're talking about soccer in the U.S. MLS is the league you need to strive for.

"There is no automatic preparation for MLS." - That's why MLS teams are forming/investing in their own USL teams.

"You see even players move from Europe in the pro rank and don't make it in the MLS." - Who are you referring to???

"Nobody telling you college is the bullet solution but it better than playing DCup at 19 year old and it better to take a good opportunity than waste your time." - Everybody knows something is better than nothing, BUT that doesn't make it good preparation for professional soccer.

"Again I am not looking for our best player to go to college, but college soccer has a good record of developing some of our second tier players like Damani Ralph and Daren Mattocks." - MLS is attracting more international players who are better prepared for professional soccer, especially from South America, and some are younger than the average college player entering the draft.

Comment

Thanks, USAF, cah gawd know mi cyaan bodda.

I'll say this tho, calling Damani's and Darren's names as proof of college developing second tier players...seriously?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What national team did they make???

They were never considered top in their class.

Comment

That's nonsense! Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

I would explain it to you, but it's more fun to watch you sound of so deliberately on something you know nothing about.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X