Artic theory advocate!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    Nice, I was a youth in them days so them man was like lion back then, did not know any of them, except for Downswell I have never really met or seen anyone off those teams. But I was a definite supporter during that time.
    Do you remember the final between Reno & Cavalier (I think) played at Sabina Park?

Reno was robbed!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Suh yuh use to buy dem vehicle? Run wid or yuh a try pass until yuh get ketch?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You are misinformed.

It is incorrect to claim
        I did not see that link between our NATIONAL SENIOR TEAMs and local development!
        I along with X, Jangle, Mo and a few other more evolved Ites, do see the connection. The Lemmings do not. Since you appear confused I'm unsure what camp you fall in. Maybe you've created your own that only you understand

There has been zero possibility for any such connection to exist because there is not and never has been any structured local development.

Jamaicans being the hurry-come-up people we are...prefer instant solutions to hard, long term problems. That phenomenon blankets the country in ALL areas...not just football It's one of the main reasons JA remains poor & backward

In football our "instant solution" is the import of massive numbers of Snowballas to create a competitive national team. I knew this was ludicrous but I held my powder for the first 2 WCQ cycles to see what would occur. What occurred in ~20 years is ... ABSOLUTE FAILURE

We're now 4 FAILED World Cup cycles into this Snowball experiment.... AND WORSE...that's accompanied by a criminal FAILURE by the Jamaica Fraud Federation to even START organized development of our kids.

It is clear to me that the EASY availability of English-Jamaicans to form an instantly competitive national team and a JUVENILE OBSESSION to "make the next World Cup"... have led the Jamaica Fraud Federation and its myopic supporters to ignore what football's key mission should be about: Developing our human resources & thereby creating a viable, sustainable FOOTBALL INDUSTRY

The problem is that the Jamaica Fraud Federation and its Lemming supporters do not see creating a viable football industry as the primary goal. Their primary goal is short term...How do we make the next World Cup??

Dem come een like some eediat politicians always focusing on the "next election"...while leaving wi yute to suffa.
        Dat muss get bun out...strait

The question now is: What's the correct strategy going forward AFTER this WCQ we're engaged in?
        It's clear to me that we need to focus on our native development...our youth at home. While this MAY delay WCQ as "trained seals" grow into ballas...Guess what? It's already been "delayed" by 18 fcuking years & 4 fcuking World Cups led by Snowball philosophy!!

So it's time for a change...regardless of the fate of this current group imo i.e. whether they achieve WCQ or not

NB: I'm on record here as supporting using English-Jamaicans at ANY point....as long as we have a development program in place, give our youth a fair shake and START the journey to a FOOTBALL INDUSTRY.

Again...I'm not interested in quibbling about minutiae nor is it necessary for us to agree...just don't misrepresent my position. And mi nuh bizniz wid any yappin whe tek place before mi get called to di Bar eida. Homey dont play dat

Dats all Elda
        Last edited by Don1; August 13, 2015, 10:43 AM.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Here here , 2nd dat , and you left out ,we are on course to a 5th or 6th WC flop post 98 ....20 freaking years !The Ub40s cant be seen as any leverage in concacaf WC qualifiers, C. Rica and Panama has elevated its game to a higher level than our importation scheme (hurry come up ) ,barring internal strife in C. Rica and Panama , Jamaica will not make it out of the next round , BTW C. Rica seem to have fixed that strife , they just sacked Wanchope.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Here here , 2nd dat , and you left out ,we are on course to a 5th or 6th WC flop post 98 ....20 freaking years !The Ub40s cant be seen as any leverage in concacaf WC qualifiers, C. Rica and Panama has elevated its game to a higher level than our importation scheme (hurry come up ) ,barring internal strife in C. Rica and Panama , Jamaica will not make it out of the next round , BTW C. Rica seem to have fixed that strife , they just sacked Wanchope.
            I guess lots of folks can't recognize failure...even wen it ah slap dem inna dem face

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              .......so says a wise man.

Since we are a country that constantly builds our houses from the roofs down, I say we fire Tappa after the USA vs Jamaica game regardless of the result. After watching the Boyz under Tappa's guidance for the past 2 years, he has not shown me any signs that he is tactically up to the job. Failing to make it to the WC is going to set us and the program back several years, since corporate Jamaica refuses to part with their money without seeing positive results. We don't have the right infrastructure in place to move our football forward at a faster pace, and given how we as a people and fan crave instant gratifications, we may never get there. Our only hope of moving forward constantly rest on us doing well in these qualifications every 4 years, hence my call for Tappa's head. Getting a new coach in place after the USA match, will give him time to start getting familiar with the players before the next round starts. I fully expect us to squeeze through to the next round, even with Tappa at the helm, but I don't think we can risk our football progress as a country waiting on Tappa to learn his trade. I believe that the little resources that the JFF has should be funnelled into getting a qualified coach.

We don't need to go back down the same road of trying to get a brand-name coach. I believe we can get a qualified coach from the USA or Mexico. The Brazilian project has failed because we did not build on its successes. Now I know that I am going get my azz chewed up about style of play and all sort of crap, but style of play can only be implimented once the players have mastered the basic techniques and understand tactics. At no time in our history have we had at our disposal so many professional players who ply their trade in top leagues across the world. This talent pool is going to waste under Tappa's tactical defficiencies. I see several posters here putting up all sort of crappy excuses for our failure against a poor Antiguan side. Prior to and even after the '98 WC, we were in the same position as Antigua where we would play good and with a lot of heart but still got our azzes kicked by better teams. The fact is, better, more tactically sound and disciplined teams know how to beat plucky sides....under any conditions. We are not in the USA or Mexico class as yet, but we are certainly at least two classes better than Antigua based upon the players that we have at our disposal. So we just need to cut the crap and face the reality.
              http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/interact...sp?page=forum2
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

miseeit puppa

Comment

Him run with everything, you nuh have fi give him much.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That linking of our failures to qualify for World Cups at the senior level with a lack of an improved Youth Development system is simplistic.

We qualified for the'98 World Cup with even less of Youth Development system.

It follows that there have been failures at National Team preparations and developments why subsequent failures at those occasions you list.

The very comparison of performances of our National Teams during periods of 'grab-a-team' with those such as Simoes' 1994-98, CB's 2000's, Tappa's & Bradley Stewart's go-round and this our latest go-round highlights what the possibilities are if, at National Senior TEAM level sustained and top quality preparation is in place continuously.

Let me repeat; each of those periods merely shows what is possible (...if that proper desired and necessary continuous quality preparations and management was in place since 1994 through to present. ...and if the present efforts with the current TEAM continues without interruption).

Sure we need that National Youth Development program. It is indispensible for viable successful football business industry and our own insurance that our players, local and national TEAMs become more efficient and marketable.

...again: It is unadulterated nonsense to attempt distruction of the national TEAM in the name of YOUTH DEVELOPMENT. Such thinking is not worthy of serious thinkers.
                    Last edited by Karl; August 13, 2015, 01:58 PM.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Elda... is time fi yuh meds. Yuh huh hear nurse ah kall yuh?

Comment

Mi nuh remember the details specifically, I just remember they challenged for the title and win at least once if memory serves correct.

Comment

Working...
                        X